lets all laugh at liverpool thread?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: nothing but respect for liverpool thread*

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:Alyson Rudd (born 1963) is a British journalist with The Times who writes about sport, mainly football, and literature in the book club section. She was born in Liverpool in 1963 and grew up in rural Lancashire. She is a graduate of the London School of Economics but began her career in fashion before becoming a financial journalist. Often described as wearing red tinted glasses and having a "dippers" view on football, she is considered one of the biggest jokes in sports journalism since 1992. She was an enthusiastic footballer with Leyton Orient Ladies. She is married, has two sons and lives in West London.[1]

Can you see the bit he added in.
Voomer from BM. Good innit.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:19 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Alyson Rudd (born 1963) is a British journalist with The Times who writes about sport, mainly football, and literature in the book club section. She was born in Liverpool in 1963 and grew up in rural Lancashire. She is a graduate of the London School of Economics but began her career in fashion before becoming a financial journalist. Often described as wearing red tinted glasses and having a "dippers" view on football, she is considered one of the biggest jokes in sports journalism since 1992. She was an enthusiastic footballer with Leyton Orient Ladies. She is married, has two sons and lives in West London.[1]

Can you see the bit he added in.
Voomer from BM. Good innit.

Was it she is classed as a journalist :lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:19 pm

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Image

Love it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:57 am

I can't believe she's got a wiki page!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:06 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I can't believe she's got a wiki page!

Obviously not checked very often.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby fangsanalsatan » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:18 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Outcast wrote:I think they'll come close but will fall short for one main reason; they dont have a prolific striker like your Aguero, Kane etc. Firmino isnt prolific, Mane and Salah are wingers although they scored loads. We have variety of fire power lead by a prolific striker. If Salah gets injured they're kind of screwed, were us can cope much better. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Alisson gets injured and misses half a season and the thought having to rely on Karius to carry them over haha.

Can't get my head around the idea that Salah is a winger! He's a goalscorer who starts off on the right wing but within a structure goes where he wants. He really is a striker and will score plenty of goals. As good as Aguero? Not in my book but only time will tell as we see how he does over 5 or more seasons.

If we play to our potential we will win the league but I can't see LPool being anything but 2nd

Here are their average positions from the first two games.

He's clearly the furthest forward with Firmino dropping back loads.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:27 am

The game has changed and what was classes as a striker is no longer the norm for certain clubs. I now call them attacking forwards.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:46 am

Beefymcfc wrote:The game has changed and what was classes as a striker is no longer the norm for certain clubs. I now call them attacking forwards.

Salah is playing as an old fashioned inside forward.

Sterling played a similar role for us at times last season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:47 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:The game has changed and what was classes as a striker is no longer the norm for certain clubs. I now call them attacking forwards.

Salah is playing as an old fashioned inside forward.

Sterling played a similar role for us at times last season.

True.

Ps. Scouse cunts!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Outcast wrote:I think they'll come close but will fall short for one main reason; they dont have a prolific striker like your Aguero, Kane etc. Firmino isnt prolific, Mane and Salah are wingers although they scored loads. We have variety of fire power lead by a prolific striker. If Salah gets injured they're kind of screwed, were us can cope much better. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Alisson gets injured and misses half a season and the thought having to rely on Karius to carry them over haha.

Can't get my head around the idea that Salah is a winger! He's a goalscorer who starts off on the right wing but within a structure goes where he wants. He really is a striker and will score plenty of goals. As good as Aguero? Not in my book but only time will tell as we see how he does over 5 or more seasons.

If we play to our potential we will win the league but I can't see LPool being anything but 2nd

Salah is their Talisman but also their weakest link , if he gets injured they are fucked , if he plays too many games and gets burnt out they are fucked , if he is word class for a dozen games or so they go on a proper run but how long can he carry them is the big question ..................so much pressure on ONE player to deliver the title !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:18 am

City64 wrote:
fangsanalsatan wrote:

Salah is their Talisman but also their weakest link , if he gets injured they are fucked , if he plays too many games and gets burnt out they are fucked , if he is word class for a dozen games or so they go on a proper run but how long can he carry them is the big question ..................so much pressure on ONE player to deliver the title !

He's turned into a diver and a cheat , cheats never prosper.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:08 pm

Will they get the trophy with a win this evening?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Will they get the trophy with a win this evening?

yes, with twenty minutes to go to the start of the game, i fear we left it too late this season.Ah well , there's always next year.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Redna » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Watch them thrash Brighton.
At least 5-0.
Hate them more than all evil through history combined. Fact.
CTID
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Redna wrote:Watch them thrash Brighton.
At least 5-0.
Hate them more than all evil through history combined. Fact.
CTID

Not if Hughton pulls that dcik of a defender that just gifted Salad a goal by trying to be clever with a shit pass when all his midfield and others have moved into the scouse half . talk about stupid decisions.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:13 pm

The dippers are poor at managing a season, all gun ho, full of energy, blitz blitz, I can see them ruuning out of gas close to end of the season. Their obsession trying to over take us could wear them down
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Outcast wrote:The dippers are poor at managing a season, all gun ho, full of energy, blitz blitz, I can see them ruuning out of gas close to end of the season. Their obsession trying to over take us could wear them down

Traditionally yes, but don’t think they’re trying to win games in the first 20 minutes, like last year.
It’s a bit different than last year.
But I still think we’ll see what they’re really made of when they collect a few injuries through the season. Particularly to key players like Salah.

We’ve got used to being without Kun for about a third of a season for the last few years. Could they cope without Salah?

I’m not so sure.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Do not discount all the help they will get. They will be up there by hook or by crook, that is certain.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Outcast wrote:The dippers are poor at managing a season, all gun ho, full of energy, blitz blitz, I can see them ruuning out of gas close to end of the season. Their obsession trying to over take us could wear them down

Traditionally yes, but don’t think they’re trying to win games in the first 20 minutes, like last year.
It’s a bit different than last year.
But I still think we’ll see what they’re really made of when they collect a few injuries through the season. Particularly to key players like Salah.

We’ve got used to being without Kun for about a third of a season for the last few years. Could they cope without Salah?

I’m not so sure.

I beg to differ, the dippers don't play posession football, they are all about counter attack, probably the best prem team at countering. High press, energy, counter atrack vs our high press posession football, only time will tell which one comes out on top. I hope we give them the ball in their half when we play them, let them have the posession then counter attack them, if we go down this route it wi certainly disrupt their rhythm.

I agree they are more solid at the back this season, they haven't been tested though, the teams they beat so far are ones they beat last season.

I hope the fuckers stutter soon
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum