City v Huddersfield Pre Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City v Huddersfield Pre Match Thread

Postby Outcast » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Why ? Laporte and stones were two of the best last week[/quote]

Probably because he was our best defender last year.[/quote]

That was last year, give him more time off and let these two gel. I don't believe with fucking with a winning team where possible especially not back line[/quote]

Sorry to correct my last year post, it was last season, a couple of months ago. We're one game in to the new season :lol:
Stones had a long summer and was just coming back from injury. Unless we want another KDB?[/quote]

Going forward, Stones and Laporte are the future, they need to solidify their partnership. Mind you, facing rugby teams like Burnley, prefer kompany and otters; they're more suited to physical sides
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:58 am

Definitely agree Stones and Laporte are the future. As mentioned, Stones has had a long summer with England and was just coming back from injury at the end of last season.

Plus people on here are constantly saying "just play our best team" so...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 am

Mase wrote:Definitely agree Stones and Laporte are the future. As mentioned, Stones has had a long summer with England and was just coming back from injury at the end of last season.

Who do you leave out for Otter and why is he part of our best team? (Played two won two.)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:20 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Definitely agree Stones and Laporte are the future. As mentioned, Stones has had a long summer with England and was just coming back from injury at the end of last season.

Who do you leave out for Otter and why is he part of our best team? (Played two won two.)

Stones. Because Otter was our best defender a couple of months ago.

We've played one haven't we? Why not include all our friendlies?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:41 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Was he? He was dropped for the last two matches of the season. That was after a poor game against today's opponents and below par performances in our defeats by the rags and the dippers.
In any case, why change a winning team and presumably what the manager thinks was the best XI - with a full week between fixtures for recovery - what message would that give to Stones and the rest of the players?
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:46 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Was he? He was dropped for the last two games of the season. That was after a poor game against today's opponents and below par performances in our defeats by the rags and the dippers.
In any case, why change a winning team with a full week between fixtures and presumably what the manager thinks was the best XI - what message does that give to Stones and the rest of the players?

To say we hardly ever get players in the prem team of the year when they deserve it, Otter was in last season's.

If you don't think he was easily our best defender last season it shows me that you just generally don't like. Pep pretty much said he was in the doc.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:51 am

It’s fucking pissing down in Wigan !!! Anyway just having breakfast and a Stella in spoons Wigan town center then off to try and catch a train from one of the two train stations in Wigan that are directly opposite each other but no fucking trains are operating properly due to Northern Rail being totally unfit for purpose. Some cunt is going to get it at one of said two train stations if I have to get a fucking replacement fucking bus !!!
CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:03 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Was he? He was dropped for the last two matches of the season. That was after a poor game against today's opponents and below par performances in our defeats by the rags and the dippers.
In any case, why change a winning team and presumably what the manager thinks was the best XI - with a full week between fixtures for recovery - what message would that give to Stones and the rest of the players?

To say we hardly ever get players in the prem team of the year when they deserve it, Otter was in last season's. If you don't think he was easily our best defender last season it shows me that you just generally don't like. Pep pretty much said he was in the doc.

I've not seen the film but he wasn't Pep's choice for the final games of last season and the first two games of this one. Times change Mase, Otter was great last year, so was Kompany when he played, so was Sane at times - they will all get their chance to show that form again - meanwhile the manager will continue to pick what he thinks is the best team and currently Otter is not in it. Hope he gets in the TOTY this time round but Stones & Laporte would be better - as you yourself say - they are the future. (For the record I agree Otter was our best defender and I like ;) )
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 am

Bravo played the last game last season and the charity shield. Not sure what that means?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:13 am

Mase wrote:Bravo played the last game last season and the charity shield. Not sure what that means?
Eddy wasn't fit or Bravo's contractual obligations or both.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:21 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Bravo played the last game last season and the charity shield. Not sure what that means?

Come on mate :lol: I like you, but "contractual obligations" !
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:27 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's a little known fact but because of appearance bonuses many contracts stipulate that a club is obliged to pick a player for a minimum percentage of first team games if he is available, usually 5-10%. Bravo was originally signed as the number one keeper and the length, value and terms of his contract will no doubt reflect that. Gotta go and cheer the boys on now Mase -- C'mon you Blues!!!!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:40 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Was he? He was dropped for the last two games of the season. That was after a poor game against today's opponents and below par performances in our defeats by the rags and the dippers.
In any case, why change a winning team with a full week between fixtures and presumably what the manager thinks was the best XI - what message does that give to Stones and the rest of the players?

To say we hardly ever get players in the prem team of the year when they deserve it, Otter was in last season's.

If you don't think he was easily our best defender last season it shows me that you just generally don't like. Pep pretty much said he was in the doc.

I don't think anyone is saying we should ditch otter. Stones was in great form until his injury in December but struggled to retain that form when he returned, however he's been in great form throughout the world cup. Stones is naturally more suited to Pep's system. We've invested heavily in him and ticks many boxes; young, English, good with ball and has the potential to become future captain. We are competing in all fronts, I'm sure otter will get plenty of playing time along with Kompany. I see your point, he's carried us throughout last season and maintained excellent form, its a tough one.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:28 am

Outcast wrote:I don't think anyone is saying we should ditch otter. Stones was in great form until his injury in December but struggled to retain that form when he returned, however he's been in great form throughout the world cup. Stones is naturally more suited to Pep's system. We've invested heavily in him and ticks many boxes; young, English, good with ball and has the potential to become future captain. We are competing in all fronts, I'm sure otter will get plenty of playing time along with Kompany. I see your point, he's carried us throughout last season and maintained excellent form, its a tough one.

I didn't say people were saying ditch him mate.

Don't agree about Stones being more suited. Otter brought the ball out of defense fantasticly last season. I'm sure he set a record in one game for the either the most passes or most touches from a defender.

Stones will be very good for us. Let's not forget he's got a tendency to fuck up as well though before we get ahead of ourselves.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:36 am

3 at back today never second guess pep . Otamendi being saved ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's a little known fact but because of appearance bonuses many contracts stipulate that a club is obliged to pick a player for a minimum percentage of first team games if he is available, usually 5-10%. Bravo was originally signed as the number one keeper and the length, value and terms of his contract will no doubt reflect that. Gotta go and cheer the boys on now Mase -- C'mon you Blues!!!!

It's actually possible for a player to cancel his contract if he doesn't get a certain number of 'involvements' per season (when he's fit and available - and including last minute sub appearances as 'involvements').
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It's actually possible for a player to cancel his contract if he doesn't get a certain number of 'involvements' per season (when he's fit and available - and including last minute sub appearances as 'involvements').

Why's no one ever done it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Mase wrote:Why's no one ever done it?
The contract terms presumably are understood by the clubs and the players ?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:46 pm

Got boring as fuck this thread coz of Mase,s fucking man love yet again , not surprising to fair .......... well binned whoever binned it !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Dameerto wrote:It's actually possible for a player to cancel his contract if he doesn't get a certain number of 'involvements' per season (when he's fit and available - and including last minute sub appearances as 'involvements').

Why's no one ever done it?

Because managers bring players on for the last five seconds of a game, enough times per season to keep them in contract. And someone did do it, which set the precedent - what makes you think they haven't?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum