Gundo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gundo

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:36 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Burt wrote:Pretty ashamed of some of the comments on this thread. Need to wobble yer fuckin heads you spoilt cunts

Couldn't have put it better myself.

they just want to be reassured their point of view is noticed - the subject is actually irrelevant - slagging off one our own team without any justification is a quick way of doing it.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Burt wrote:Pretty ashamed of some of the comments on this thread. Need to wobble yer fuckin heads you spoilt cunts

I'll second that without hesitation, as much as I'm enjoying the unbelievably amazing football our team are playing, I refuse to turn in to a raggy type arrogant, spoilt CUNT.

are you saying you’re better than others on here?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:29 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I'll second that without hesitation, as much as I'm enjoying the unbelievably amazing football our team are playing, I refuse to turn in to a raggy type arrogant, spoilt CUNT.

Fuck off NT, go press someone else's buttons eh? don't try and put words in my mouth, that is not what I am saying. I am saying regardless of others opinions which they are entitled to, I personally am enjoying the ride, one I never thought I'd ever see.

Gundo has done nothing to warrant some of the shit written here, I will cus him in a match day thread if he frustrates me, but do we really need a thread calling him out? Is he really that bad or are some on here spoilt as suggested by Burt?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:02 am

Can't believe we're not allowed to give our opinion on a player and start threads to discuss, which this forum is for, without being accused of this or that.
Very raggish to accuse a fellow fan of being spoilt or even worse. Thought we were better than that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:12 am

Freedom of speech Mase.

You had the freedom to start a thread, and we had the freedom to call you a dick for starting it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:55 am

dazby wrote:Freedom of speech Mase.

You had the freedom to start a thread, and we had the freedom to call you a dick for starting it.

Well said dazby ! Also Nigel the spurs fan Tackle being a complete dick again .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:08 am

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
bobadji wrote:he's a coward, I can't stand players that hide.

I'd rather them be shit and put the effort in, than just hide and not want the ball

Not to defend him (I am one of his biggest critics), but somehow that is understandable with his injury record to be afraid to go into tackles and take charge. Look at Nasri, that is a real coward.

I think Gundogan is an excellent squad player, but who should stay far away from our squad in big games and send him in only when we have a penalty.

Rodwell was by far our worst signing.

What, like when we play Barca?

What a performance that was, in fact quite a few of the 'big games' he's been involved in he has shone. Excellent deputising for Fern against Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs last season, almost inspired us to comeback to draw at Anfield in the league game.

Such a shame he copped most of the flak for Pep's fuck up against Liverpool in the first leg of CL game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:11 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Fuck off NT, go press someone else's buttons eh? don't try and put words in my mouth, that is not what I am saying. I am saying regardless of others opinions which they are entitled to, I personally am enjoying the ride, one I never thought I'd ever see.

Gundo has done nothing to warrant some of the shit written here, I will cus him in a match day thread if he frustrates me, but do we really need a thread calling him out? Is he really that bad or are some on here spoilt as suggested by Burt?

i’m just asking a question
you’re calling fellow blues CUNTS
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:29 am

No has called me a dick for starting it though? Where's that been said?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:44 am

City64 wrote:

This bullying of Nigel is worse than what Phips gets now!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:47 am

Mase wrote:

No has called me a dick for starting it though? Where's that been said?

This is true, but the wording of the question in the OP invited comparisons of Gundo with the worst players we have ever signed. Which is an absurd topic of discussion..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:48 am

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:

bullying is a sign of insecurity and weakness, mase.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:50 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:

I'm not sure the term 'bullying' does justice to the intricacies of polemic on this forum ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:

I'm not sure the term 'bullying' does justice to the intricacies of polemic on this forum ;)

Polish Mick ? Not heard him post for while ? :-D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I'd rather them be shit and put the effort in, than just hide and not want the ball

Not to defend him (I am one of his biggest critics), but somehow that is understandable with his injury record to be afraid to go into tackles and take charge. Look at Nasri, that is a real coward.

I think Gundogan is an excellent squad player, but who should stay far away from our squad in big games and send him in only when we have a penalty.

What a performance that was, in fact quite a few of the 'big games' he's been involved in he has shone. Excellent deputising for Fern against Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs last season, almost inspired us to comeback to draw at Anfield in the league game.

Such a shame he copped most of the flak for Pep's fuck up against Liverpool in the first leg of CL game.

Well getting back to Gundo.
I think this is the problem in perception of him FIBD.
I thought he shared the workload with Fern in Sunday's formation and it worked a treat.
At times I thought, shit you've lost the ball again only to see him immediately mug the guy and win it back.
I thought the formation worked operfectly and it wasn't all left on Fern's shoulders to do the grafting.

But and here is where a lot of people feel uneasy, I would say. That was Huddersfield. Could we play that formation with him in the middle against Liverpool.
I hope so. I do think he is good enough but I think the injuries have taken their toll and last season he definitely minded himself when coming back.
He has slowed but I'm hoping to see him put himself about a bit this season as his confidence grows.

The last thing any of them need is any of their own fans waiting to pounce on any little mistake. The media do that enough.
Pep has a ton of options anyway and he won't stand for anything less than his instructions being carried out to the letter.

In Pep we trust. No place is safe (except Ed maybe) and they will all have to perform to their peak.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:35 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Well getting back to Gundo.
I think this is the problem in perception of him FIBD.
I thought he shared the workload with Fern in Sunday's formation and it worked a treat.
At times I thought, shit you've lost the ball again only to see him immediately mug the guy and win it back.
I thought the formation worked operfectly and it wasn't all left on Fern's shoulders to do the grafting.

But and here is where a lot of people feel uneasy, I would say. That was Huddersfield. Could we play that formation with him in the middle against Liverpool.
I hope so. I do think he is good enough but I think the injuries have taken their toll and last season he definitely minded himself when coming back.
He has slowed but I'm hoping to see him put himself about a bit this season as his confidence grows.

The last thing any of them need is any of their own fans waiting to pounce on any little mistake. The media do that enough.
Pep has a ton of options anyway and he won't stand for anything less than his instructions being carried out to the letter.

In Pep we trust. No place is safe (except Ed maybe) and they will all have to perform to their peak.

Tbh IWT I think he'd do a better job as the pivot against Liverpool than Fern would, yes when possesion gets turned over you want Fern there to rescue the situation as he's definitely pacier and more combative than Gundogan however if you want to keep possesion better and beat the press then you're better off with Gundogan.

I also believe the opposite to some here in that it's the 'big games' that Gundogan usually thrives, as for the most part they are games of football centred around skill and guile whereas games against the lesser lights are often more physical and this is where he can struggle because of his seeming reluctance to get involved in physical duels.

I think that reluctance to get involved in the physical side at times lends itself to the perception that he hides. But then when you look at stats in games he starts he is often the player ( defence aside) that has most touches and most passes, them stats fly in the face of the belief that he hides.

He is inconsistent, there is a reluctance as I said to get involved physically (probably owing to the injury he suffered in his first season with us) but both these issues can be resolved with regular starts in the side and confidence growing, he now has a proper opportunity with DeBruyne's injury to get them starts so let's see what happens, in the meantime support him I say, if he can get back to his best Dortmund levels then we have some player on our hands.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sandman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:27 pm

At worst I would say he will be a reliable squad player, at best he may grow into a reliable regular starter, in my opinion he is a great addition to the squad.

Not every player at Barca when Pep was there was world class yet the team were.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Have I proven that you have to start a negative thread to get people to be positive yet?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Ouch.

A bit harsh to say the least don't you think mate?

I know he hasn't lived up to expectations, but he's still had some very good performances and is a very useful squad player that would be a starter for most very good clubs.

The injuries he's sustained may have affected him, but we did get him for far below his market value (£20m?) even if it was going into his last year and with an injury he was recovering from.

Surely Bony or Mangala have been far less valuable even considering their prices were both higher than his and have been quite far out on the fringes of the squad within a season where as Gundo is still getting games and someone Pep sees as worth getting games.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Mase wrote:Have I proven that you have to start a negative thread to get people to be positive yet?

Well done Mase.
Now I hope we’ve all learned an important lesson here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum