Vinny....10 years ago today.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vinny....10 years ago today.

Postby Outcast » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:33 am

Starting to annoy me, Stones should be ahead of him. No time for sentiments.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:39 am

Outcast wrote:Starting to annoy me, Stones should be ahead of him. No time for sentiments.

His fuckign mistakes (Which lead us to lose) get swept under the carpet - he was 10000000000000%n to blame for their goal the other day but some fans will say he was ''fouled'' so its not his fault etc - BULL SHIT ! - he was at fault, out of position and he was basically fucking shit all day long, gave the ball away , put us on the back foot and he should have come off at h/t (I was asking for this in the Match thread ).

Stones has had his one game rest so now he can come back in and pair up with Laporte...our future permanent pairing.

ffs !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Feels like we are talking about Bob Taylor not the greatest captain we have ever had.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Feels like we are talking about Bob Taylor not the greatest captain we have ever had.

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Feels like we are talking about Bob Taylor not the greatest captain we have ever had.

Your bromance is touching Mase. I do hate the CL but hope we get Roma to salute him and Edin.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am

There's that sentiment raising its ugly head again.........BTW Kompany has been very vocal pushing out the ''not many teams will get a decent result against Wolves'' in his comments....... he is right of course....in that if any of those teams defenders defend like him then they are fucked.!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

There's that sentiment raising its ugly head again.........BTW Kompany has been very vocal pushing out the ''not many teams will get a decent result against Wolves'' in his comments....... he is right of course....in that if any of those teams defenders defend like him then they are fucked.!!!

Vinny all day for me call it what you want. Every manager has handed him the armband and Yes the end is closer for him, the best £4£ signing of the Premier League era IMHO a great captain. All about opinions though & medals and cups he has lifted, Did not See Saturday but I know along with others he was poor.
I have seen enough over the years to go with Bobby, The engineer and now Pep to know he leads us on and off the pitch, the likes of him not only at City will soon be long gone from the game.How many times has he played on 1 leg if he has had this many long tern injuries. Brian Kidd said it a dinner Vinny would have played in any era and you cannot say that about many of today's player.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:09 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Vinny all day for me call it what you want. Every manager has handed him the armband and Yes the end is closer for him, the best £4£ signing of the Premier League era IMHO a great captain. All about opinions though & medals and cups he has lifted, Did not See Saturday but I know along with others he was poor.
I have seen enough over the years to go with Bobby, The engineer and now Pep to know he leads us on and off the pitch, the likes of him not only at City will soon be long gone from the game.How many times has he played on 1 leg if he has had this many long tern injuries. Brian Kidd said it a dinner Vinny would have played in any era and you cannot say that about many of today's player.

He has missed 143 games due to injury with us.......Ill say again ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THREE GAMES...

EDIT.........sorry let me take 13 of those games away as that was what he missed for his previous club......ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY GAMES HE HAS MISSED FOR US!!!!!

SO I beg to differ as to your best POUND TO POUND signing we have had....that accolade goes 100% to DAVID SILVA.

Its not even fuckign debatable.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He has missed 143 games due to injury with us.......Ill say again ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY THREE GAMES...

EDIT.........sorry let me take 13 of those games away as that was what he missed for his previous club......ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY GAMES HE HAS MISSED FOR US!!!!!

SO I beg to differ as to your best POUND TO POUND signing we have had....that accolade goes 100% to DAVID SILVA.

OK
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Outcast » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

OK

The system, the foundation in place require ball playing defenders, he just looks clumsy on the ball, I don't doubt his leadership though. Even Otters adapted to the system. At his age just cant see him improving. We already have the perefect fit for the role in Stones. I think Stones been rested to avoid another Kev situation due to fatigue.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 am

Pep coaches players, Vinny, Carlos Puyol are in Peps teams for there strengths not weaknesses, And yes I see his faults, scouse cunts front 3 are his nightmare, fast and clever. He and Otter have the same issues when faced with this. Stones and Laporte are the future but without midfield control against the top sides your centre halfs will always get more work than they can cope with. Vinny at 6 mill has been unreal value and a club icon.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Pep coaches players, Vinny, Carlos Puyol are in Peps teams for there strengths not weaknesses, And yes I see his faults, scouse cunts front 3 are his nightmare, fast and clever. He and Otter have the same issues when faced with this. Stones and Laporte are the future but without midfield control against the top sides your centre halfs will always get more work than they can cope with. Vinny at 6 mill has been unreal value and a club icon.

Kompany has been a great servant for the club and there is no argument about that and obviously behind the scenes he's also very important.
But IMO he's past it , even more so now against the current pressing styles of some clubs...for sure he has one great game but then we get fucked due to his fuckups the next game.

Stones EVERY SINGLE time ahead of VK.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum