Lawro & DC Predictions v Wolves (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Wolves (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Lawro went the extra mile last week and broke away from his go to 2-0 scoreline, but was still way out with his prediction, incredibly Merson was close with his 5-0 prediction. Both are predicting goals again this week.

This week's guests with Lawro are actors Idris Elba and Aml Ameen, who worked together on Elba's directorial debut film Yardie.
Arsenal fan Elba says that Match of the Day pundit Ian Wright is his favourite former Gunner.

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45282185

It is an early diagnosis, but so far this season Wolves look really good going forward and less secure at the back.

They created lots of chances in their defeat by Leicester without scoring. They are a footballing team who are a little bit open. They will have to tighten up a bit.

But against Manchester City - who have looked devastating in their first two games - most of the rest of the league is really up against it.
I am going for a comprehensive City win but it is not games like this that are going to decide whether Wolves' season is a success. These fixtures are part of the learning process.

There is not too much to be concerned about so far.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3
Idris' prediction: 1-2
Aml's prediction: 1-4

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... redictions

It hasn't been a great start for Wolves results-wise. They've been unlucky in both games, but they're likely to end up with one point from three games.

I can't see anything but a Man City win. I think Wolves have played some good football, and shouldn't be disheartened by the start, they've done alright. It's hard to look solely at performances if you're a fan, and you'd rather have nine points with three bad performances than one point from three good performances.

City look relentless, completely unbelievable. I thought they might take some time to get going after the World Cup, but they're the only team who can rest a load of players and beat the lesser teams comfortably. If Liverpool played Huddersfield at home and left out Mo Salah and Sadio Mane, I think they'd struggle if I'm honest.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 (9/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Wolves (A)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:03 pm

It appears 3-0 is the new 2-0

Chuckled at DCs comments re the dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun