*** Wolves v City official thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Wolves v City official thread ***

Postby hayling22 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:04 pm

PrezIke wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:Are they fuckin mental?! Carra says that the Silva one wasn't a pen!!! He traps his legs!!!!!!!

the foul from Neves wasnt down low on Silva. Carra is right: Silva initiates contact by kicking Neves' leg (albeit unintentionally). the contact was higher up as Neves appeared to push Silva in the back.

NBC went over it in detail and both pundits agreed it was a clear pen.

I think you, Carra and Neville are in a significant minority.

Maybe even an insignifiant minority
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby phips » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:15 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:Are they fuckin mental?! Carra says that the Silva one wasn't a pen!!! He traps his legs!!!!!!!

the foul from Neves wasnt down low on Silva. Carra is right: Silva initiates contact by kicking Neves' leg (albeit unintentionally). the contact was higher up as Neves appeared to push Silva in the back.

NBC went over it in detail and both pundits agreed it was a clear pen.

I think you, Carra and Neville are in a significant minority.

They just went over it again, and Silva is both clearly pushed in the back and has his legs tangled by the Wolves player that leads him to kick backwards.

So you mean exactly what i wrote then? Cool.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby phips » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:17 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
phips wrote:

You don't know much about football do you ?

Much? He knows fuck all the clown

Sorry if ive got eyes, pal.

In case your reading skills are as shit as others on here: im not saying its not a pen. Its a penalty. Im saying the penalty shouldve been awarded due to the push; the leg contact is accidental.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:20 pm

phips wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
phips wrote:

In case your reading skills are as shit as others on here: im not saying its not a pen. Its a penalty. Im saying the penalty shouldve been awarded due to the push; the leg contact is accidental.

Don’t pal me sunshine
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:46 pm

phips wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
phips wrote:

Phips, it doesn't matter if it's accidental. There's no rule to say "if it's accidental...." He made contact with Silva's legs trapping them both so therefore it should have been a penalty.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:54 pm

^^^^^^

This is what he doesn't understand . At no time did the player attempt to get the ball. However he manhandled Silva , Silva did not kick out at him. Silver was ahead of him and has the right to move as he sees fit.

Silva has his foot tapped , which makes him stumble as he clips his own foot . Silva does not kick out at anyone . He is mahandled to the ground.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Redna » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Title gone.
CTID!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Accidental is neither here nor there. Illegally impeding an opponent is a foul whether it is intentional or not. Definite penalty.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dub City » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Jesus really needs to improve his heading. Can’t pass up chances like that it’s decent save from Keeper but the effort is straight at him really needs to do better. Woodwork 3 times ,an offside handball and a shit ref we still got the draw. Let the media wank over Liverpool Top of league and going to run it away with it while bounce back against Newcastle next week.
Hopefully Sane will sort his head and touch out quickly looked a shadow of last years player today
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby phips » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Mase wrote:Phips, it doesn't matter if it's accidental. There's no rule to say "if it's accidental...."

while its not written verbatim--youre right--intention is taken into consideration. how many times have potential penalties from handball been waved off because it was unintentional contact? but im a plastic, a clown, and a stupid american so what do i know....

but its not a penalty if Neves stands his ground and when Silva moves his leg it clips Neves' leg.
the push, on the other hand....

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:56 pm

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:Phips, it doesn't matter if it's accidental. There's no rule to say "if it's accidental...."

while its not written verbatim--youre right--intention is taken into consideration. how many times have potential penalties from handball been waved off because it was unintentional contact? but im a plastic, a clown, and a stupid american so what do i know....

but its not a penalty if Neves stands his ground and when Silva moves his leg it clips Neves' leg.

That's the problem, Neves wasnt standing still he was moving toward Silva. You've just lost your own argument mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:02 pm

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:

That's the problem, Neves wasnt standing still he was moving toward Silva. You've just lost your own argument mate.

And this isn't Basketball, where a defender has the right to set his feet to draw an offensive foul. Basketcase perhaps.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby budfox » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:33 pm

The only offence that has to be deliberate is handball, so accidental or not, a foul is a foul
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Did not see the game today. From reading through this thread it seems Ben Mendy had a nightmare performance defensively, that's a big worry.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm

sheblue wrote:Did not see the game today. From reading through this thread it seems Ben Mendy had a nightmare performance defensively, that's a big worry.

Going forward excellent, but defensively he was nothing short of awful. He was getting skinned by Championship level players. And at one point he did a foul throw by having one of his feet about a yard on to the pitch when taking it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Take it on the chin and move on. Ref was awful, but we're used to that aren't we.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:44 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:Did not see the game today. From reading through this thread it seems Ben Mendy had a nightmare performance defensively, that's a big worry.

Going forward excellent, but defensively he was nothing short of awful. He was getting skinned by Championship level players. And at one point he did a foul throw by having one of his feet about a yard on to the pitch when taking it.

Me no like to read that!!

Needs sorting or a high cost will be paid. First and foremost defenders must be able to defend.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:50 pm

We were far from our best today , ref Atkinson carried on his instructions and denied us 2 pens and allowed Wolves a clear handball into the net goal ! Walker was terrible , Aguero and Sterling unlucky . Vinny piss poor and mardy bollox Sane was in big girl mode just like the start of last season . Oh and plastic cunt weirdo phips is pressing everyones buttons again because City didn't win ! Mods , pattern has gone on too long why ?????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:06 pm

City64 wrote:We were far from our best today , ref Atkinson carried on his instructions and denied us 2 pens and allowed Wolves a clear handball into the net goal ! Walker was terrible , Aguero and Sterling unlucky . Vinny piss poor and mardy bollox Sane was in big girl mode just like the start of last season . Oh and plastic cunt weirdo phips is pressing everyones buttons again because City didn't win ! Mods , pattern has gone on too long why ?????

Worried about Walker because he was flagging towards the end of last season and then went straight in to the world cup. He needs a rest but Dan is injured :|
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Why was Stones dropped for VK ?...I swear they only scored because Vinny was out of position and was basically SHIT all day long.

Fuck sentiment...he should never be in infront of Stones n the pecking order...ever.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum