*** Wolves v City official thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Wolves v City official thread ***

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Why was Stones dropped for VK ?...I swear they only scored because Vinny was out of position and was basically SHIT all day long.

Fuck sentiment...he should never be in infront of Stones n the pecking order...ever.

100 fucking per cent this
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Why was Stones dropped for VK ?...I swear they only scored because Vinny was out of position and was basically SHIT all day long.

Fuck sentiment...he should never be in infront of Stones n the pecking order...ever.

I think we missed stones passing from the back today. Kompany looked panicked on the ball because they were pressing. Fine in most games when they are sat back but today I really think we missed stones (and kev)
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby phips » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:44 pm

City64 wrote:Oh and plastic cunt weirdo phips is pressing everyones buttons again because City didn't win ! Mods , pattern has gone on too long why ?????

hah, cry for me baby. how you decide to react to my posts is your problem. its not my fault people get wound up when i say we shouldve had a penalty and we played terribly, which--mind you--basically everyone else has said.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:34 pm

gmercer1 wrote:

I think we missed stones passing from the back today. Kompany looked panicked on the ball because they were pressing. Fine in most games when they are sat back but today I really think we missed stones (and kev)

Very true. He was awful
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nickyboy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:53 pm

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:Phips, it doesn't matter if it's accidental. There's no rule to say "if it's accidental...."

while its not written verbatim--youre right--intention is taken into consideration. how many times have potential penalties from handball been waved off because it was unintentional contact? but im a plastic, a clown, and a stupid american so what do i know....

but its not a penalty if Neves stands his ground and when Silva moves his leg it clips Neves' leg.
the push, on the other hand....[/quot
By the letter of the law, handball has to be intentional. You dont know the rules
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:23 pm

Fucking stitched up, again! We all knew it was coming but today was truly horrendous officiating. It started early on when everytime we went anywhere hear their player they got a freekick but fuck all for us for the most obvious. The total refusal to even entertain a spot kick but the total incompetence to not see firstly the offside, but then the fucking great big elephant in the room which was his hand punching the ball into the net!

Saying that, I thought Wolves played well and had a clear tactic to disrupt our/the game and hit us on the break at speed. Nothing wring with that and they were well worth the celebrations from their fans for gaining a point. They'll frustrate a lot of the contenders this season and it won't be only us that drop points, unless the officials once again have a say.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:28 pm

On another note, why the fuck his RatBoy doing all our games? I'm sick to fucking death of the inbred bastard talking about what teams need to do to beat us and sounding completely downbeat when there is a thought of a goal for us.

Sky are most certainly pandering to the old Sky 4 fanbase but surely they could give us somebody other than that feral faced fuck!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:On another note, why the fuck his RatBoy doing all our games? I'm sick to fucking death of the inbred bastard talking about what teams need to do to beat us and sounding completely downbeat when there is a thought of a goal for us.

Sky are most certainly pandering to the old Sky 4 fanbase but surely they could give us somebody other than that feral faced fuck!

Was Tyler the lead commentator?

Hope he had chest pains after he no doubt screamed after Wolves took the lead
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:On another note, why the fuck his RatBoy doing all our games? I'm sick to fucking death of the inbred bastard talking about what teams need to do to beat us and sounding completely downbeat when there is a thought of a goal for us.

I don't think it was Tyler but he still creamed himself after them taking the lead. What was noticeable was how neither of them noticed, nor wanted to mention the offside/handball goal. I was screaming for the offside but neither of them were interested, they were too busy wanking themselves off at the thought of us losing a game. Then, amazingly, they dismissed the penalty claims out of hand without even a thought.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I don't think it was Tyler but he still creamed himself after them taking the lead. What was noticeable was how neither of them noticed, nor wanted to mention the offside/handball goal. I was screaming for the offside but neither of them were interested, they were too busy wanking themselves off at the thought of us losing a game. Then, amazingly, they dismissed the penalty claims out of hand without even a thought.

Imagine Sky didn't replay it a lot either
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I thought Dave's was a dead cert and why Dave went ape and got himself a yellow card. Aguero's was a little harder to call but if it was any of the other contenders then it would've been given. Of course though, it took a while for them to show the replays and only from a certain angle yet they showed other incidents immediately forsaking the actual game that was in play.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I thought Dave's was a dead cert and why Dave went ape and got himself a yellow card. Aguero's was a little harder to call but if it was any of the other contenders then it would've been given. Of course though, it took a while for them to show the replays and only from a certain angle yet they showed other incidents immediately forsaking the actual game that was in play.

Thought that might be the case. There of course are numerous examples over the last few years similar to that. And if course the other way. Remember SKY's persecution of Aguero after the elbow incident v West Ham a few years ago. Barely rippled in the game but SKY made the mountain and put it on a continuous loop in order to get him banned when at a similar time Zlatan got away with a stamp and an elbow. And dont get me started on what Bogbrush has got away with
nottsblue

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:41 pm

gmercer1 wrote:

Completely agree, just don't think that our style suits vinny. Obviously been immense for us but no way should he be in over stones. Balls to rotation if that's what it was
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby phips » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:On another note, why the fuck his RatBoy doing all our games?

because he's ex-United and we're City and the FA have had a word with Sky to ensure Neville is on our matches
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:43 am

Grandad Rosler wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

Completely agree, just don't think that our style suits vinny. Obviously been immense for us but no way should he be in over stones. Balls to rotation if that's what it was

Normally this would all be true but following a world cup, very little rest, disrupted preseason rotation will be a big part of the plans.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:53 am

The problem with attempting a rational discussion about the game is that the elephant in the room is being ignored.
A dodgy goal (on two counts) and two penalties not given to us effect a match, the way it is played and the participants.

So discussing the merits of the players performance is pointless.
It legitimizes the real issue - corruption.

IMO City fans everywhere should refuse to discuss the match tactically. Just talk about the decisions (and where is VAR).
In the pub, in work, on radio, social media, etc... being relentless.

Anything else and it makes the authorities agenda easier to implement.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:56 am

phips wrote:

because he's ex-United and we're City and the FA have had a word with Sky to ensure Neville is on our matches

Your boat's too big pal. You don't have to try it in every post.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:44 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
phips wrote:

Your boat's too big pal. You don't have to try it in every post.

It's like some sort of meltdown. Hopefully it's not too long now...
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:30 am

After watching the highlights, crikey aguero sterling and Jesus all dreadfully unlucky not to score.
Great ball from Gundo for the goal.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:51 am

Time to dust ourselves and move on from this, its a long season, ups and downs, injuries, referee decisions, conspiring media. According to Pep the squad will be fully fit in September. We are in good position, we are not going to drop many points this season. The media reckon we have been sussed out, I'd say bollocks, Wolves are hard to beat at home, big teams will struggle there. Cant wait until weekend to rectify our disappointment.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum