finishing 2020/21 (behind closed doors edition)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: finishing 2019/20 (summer edition)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Great football again, .

Eh ?

Your not all there, are you Hazy !!

Are we all really here, Crazy Carl bless him.......... How many remote controls do you smash in a season.

I have 5 plasma's in my house....so one remote control gets smashed........I just go into another room.

Have a fabulous day.

Answer the question and of course have a fabulous day !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: finishing 2019/20 (summer edition)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:45 pm

not an issue hey!?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: finishing 2020/21 (behind closed doors edition)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 pm

worse than ever

but guessing some on here still won’t see it
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:worse than ever

but guessing some on here still won’t see it

But, but, Sterling is quality!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:04 pm

The two times Sterling was clean through on goal yet failed to either get a shot away or a pass to a teammate was criminal. Imagine Sane or Salah or Aubameyang fucking that up so badly twice in the same game.

But it wasn’t just Sterling today. The whole team needs a collective look in the mirror as to why only two efforts out of nearly 30 were on target. Simply not good enough
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:34 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:37 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Doesn’t surprise me at all with Foden. Big headed cunt from what I know about him and his family.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:32 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Doesn’t surprise me at all with Foden. Big headed cunt from what I know about him and his family.

can’t criticise one of our own, mase....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Wow.

To be fair it’s more Kev with the petulant rants. Kicking off is fine if he tracks back when he fucks up instead of throwing his hands in the air and staying up front
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Wooders » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:49 am

We need a striker - I keep saying it but it’s fucking ridiculous to be in the situation we are in - Aguero is injury prone and is going at the end of the season, Jesus starting to show promise but still has a lot of weaknesses in his game
The team yesterday seemed to be playing like we had a striker on the pitch
Sterling beating people with his pace is all well and good but he kept stopping his run to take an extra touch or similar and gave their defenders a chance to catch up with him and take the ball off him
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:59 am

Wooders wrote:We need a striker - I keep saying it but it’s fucking ridiculous to be in the situation we are in - Aguero is injury prone and is going at the end of the season, Jesus starting to show promise but still has a lot of weaknesses in his game
The team yesterday seemed to be playing like we had a striker on the pitch
Sterling beating people with his pace is all well and good but he kept stopping his run to take an extra touch or similar and gave their defenders a chance to catch up with him and take the ball off him

Sterling's incredible speed is a disadvantage for him finishing one on ones, because his ball control is not good enough.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:36 am

No top striker no Premier League it’s simple maths. Aguero will be down to 15 this season in all comps. we have lost David’s goals. The club should explain the thinking behind it. For the life of me I cannot understand it. Pep should be asked WTF are you doing to overtake Klopp. Without goals it is not possible. So many questions for me as to how we have allowed the squad to become so unbalanced.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:55 am

I'm reading the red shite are now in for Cavani. I'm assuming that we will have a striker too and not be waiting a further month or so for Serge to get up to speed?
If not, it is going to be a shit show of a season. Yesterday again, why can we not see what is in front of our eyes, get a finisher and that's 2,3, nil and game over
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:03 am

salford city wrote:I'm reading the red shite are now in for Cavani. I'm assuming that we will have a striker too and not be waiting a further month or so for Serge to get up to speed?
If not, it is going to be a shit show of a season. Yesterday again, why can we not see what is in front of our eyes, get a finisher and that's 2,3, nil and game over

I hate the rags but when they’ve needed a finisher they’ve got one in on loan or a short term free. Larsson, Tevez, Falcao (it didn’t work out but still), Zlatan, and now Cavani on a free. When was the last time we did a good loan? Pizarro?
Last edited by Mase on Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:27 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:I'm reading the red shite are now in for Cavani. I'm assuming that we will have a striker too and not be waiting a further month or so for Serge to get up to speed?

I hate the rags but when they’ve needed a finished they’ve got one in on loan or a short term free. Larsson, Tevez, Falcao (it didn’t work out but still), Zlatan, and now Cavani on a free. When was the last time we did a good loan? Pizarro?

We are in a trance Mase, thinking out of the box no chance. No forwards no chance. When we had a ful compliment we are wasteful. Mind blowing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dave watson's perm » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:29 am

Mase wrote:

I hate the rags but when they’ve needed a finisher they’ve got one in on loan or a short term free. Larsson, Tevez, Falcao (it didn’t work out but still), Zlatan, and now Cavani on a free. When was the last time we did a good loan? Pizarro?

Van Pervie as well.....
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:39 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
Mase wrote:

Van Pervie as well.....

We lost out on him because we wouldn’t pay him a couple of quid more, and he won them the title in Fergie’s last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Apart from KDB, we have no leaders on the pitch. When Leeds equalised it was clear we were done and were not capable of creating anything of significance.

When we had the likes of Kompany, Zaba, Yaya, Kolorov, Dzeko, Silva, Fernandindo, Sergio on the pitch, you knew we could pull something out of the fire, not because they were the best players but because of their attitude.

When you make Sterling the highest paid player in the clubs history, you set the wrong tone. A player who completely goes missing when needed most and never gets dropped. No wonder Sancho and Sane seen the only option was to leave. He is everything wrong with us at the moment on the pitch. Why should other players be expected to step up to the plate and fight if the top paid player and Pep's pet doesn't have too.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:19 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Apart from KDB, we have no leaders on the pitch. When Leeds equalised it was clear we were done and were not capable of creating anything of significance.

When we had the likes of Kompany, Zaba, Yaya, Kolorov, Dzeko, Silva, Fernandindo, Sergio on the pitch, you knew we could pull something out of the fire, not because they were the best players but because of their attitude.

When you make Sterling the highest paid player in the clubs history, you set the wrong tone. A player who completely goes missing when needed most and never gets dropped. No wonder Sancho and Sane seen the only option was to leave. He is everything wrong with us at the moment on the pitch. Why should other players be expected to step up to the plate and fight if the top paid player and Pep's pet doesn't have too.

Wasn't the one on one chance Sterling fucked up after Leeds equalised? He also set up 5 chances in the game. His decision making is the problem not his attitude.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:30 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Apart from KDB, we have no leaders on the pitch. When Leeds equalised it was clear we were done and were not capable of creating anything of significance.

Wasn't the one on one chance Sterling fucked up after Leeds equalised? He also set up 5 chances in the game. His decision making is the problem not his attitude.

I think when we rely on Sterling as the “main man” he can’t handle it and often messes up. When he’s not the main man and we rely on others - Aguero, Sanè etc then Sterling doesn’t have that pressure on him and he’s brilliant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum