finishing 2018/19

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:with the derby coming up this sunday, can someone please remind me why we didn’t seal the league title vs them last season?


Because we let an embarrassingly bad attacking team score 3 goals against us in the 2nd half. Specifically, we completely failed to defend 2 identical deep freekicks from nearly the halfway line. We should never be giving up a 2 goal lead at home. Do you have brain damage or something?
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:57 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:with the derby coming up this sunday, can someone please remind me why we didn’t seal the league title vs them last season?


Because we let an embarrassingly bad attacking team score 3 goals against us in the 2nd half. Specifically, we completely failed to defend 2 identical deep freekicks from nearly the halfway line. We should never be giving up a 2 goal lead at home. Do you have brain damage or something?


nothing to do with 4 ridiculous misses in the first half then? ok.....
LEGENDARY FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13174
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:00 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:with the derby coming up this sunday, can someone please remind me why we didn’t seal the league title vs them last season?


Because we let an embarrassingly bad attacking team score 3 goals against us in the 2nd half. Specifically, we completely failed to defend 2 identical deep freekicks from nearly the halfway line. We should never be giving up a 2 goal lead at home. Do you have brain damage or something?


nothing to do with 4 ridiculous misses in the first half then? ok.....


Not fucking up defensively is a lower bar than missing chances. Like I said in a previous post - missed chances are going to happen to everyone. But we had already gotten a 2 goal lead with 45 mints to play. The defense and team mentality is to blame for not seeing it out.
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

john@staustell wrote:
City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It can be argued that with an out and out finisher - a la Gerd Muller, Lineker etc, we'd score a lot more. But you have to remember that those players would never get in a Pep team in 10 million years. Maybe Shearer or Wrighty would have the right dynamic?

Aguero,s record stands up with the best of all time that's why this thread is an utter embarrassment to this board and all the scouse and rag cunts looking in will be pissing themselves . What if any team that's get relegated in any given season took their chances ? they wouldn't get fucking relegated would they ? but we are breaking every fucking record going !?!?!?! what a load of fucking bullshit started by a spoilt cunt who never goes to a game EMBARRASSING !!!



Hmm, not much room for debate there then. Sorry, brilliant finishing all game then. Chill.

I am chilled and enjoying watching and supporting the greatest team ever seen in the history of English football . So as a mod your supporting the perennial miserable cunts on here who never go to game and cant wait for us to fuck up ????
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:53 pm

NT as much as I agree our finishing could be better at times. Losing to rags was mostly down to shite defending. We shouldn't have to score 5 goals a game to win a match.
Image
london blue 2
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8789
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 10:32 am
Location: london
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:57 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:with the derby coming up this sunday, can someone please remind me why we didn’t seal the league title vs them last season?


Because we let an embarrassingly bad attacking team score 3 goals against us in the 2nd half. Specifically, we completely failed to defend 2 identical deep freekicks from nearly the halfway line. We should never be giving up a 2 goal lead at home. Do you have brain damage or something?


Reaching to go all the way back to our lowest point last season for proof that we don’t finish enough. Forget the reduculous lead we’ve built on GD already this season. Forget the stupid amount of records our goals are breaking. Forget our star man hitting 150 in crazy quick time despite him having the goal scoring burden shared out more than ever. Let’s just cherry pick a shit game that we scored two in as proof.
Tracking back is overrated.
Image
Pretty Boy Lee
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12612
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am
Location: Brisbane baby!
Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:58 pm

City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It can be argued that with an out and out finisher - a la Gerd Muller, Lineker etc, we'd score a lot more. But you have to remember that those players would never get in a Pep team in 10 million years. Maybe Shearer or Wrighty would have the right dynamic?

Aguero,s record stands up with the best of all time that's why this thread is an utter embarrassment to this board and all the scouse and rag cunts looking in will be pissing themselves . What if any team that's get relegated in any given season took their chances ? they wouldn't get fucking relegated would they ? but we are breaking every fucking record going !?!?!?! what a load of fucking bullshit started by a spoilt cunt who never goes to a game EMBARRASSING !!!



Hmm, not much room for debate there then. Sorry, brilliant finishing all game then. Chill.

I am chilled and enjoying watching and supporting the greatest team ever seen in the history of English football . So as a mod your supporting the perennial miserable cunts on here who never go to game and cant wait for us to fuck up ????


Never go to a game ? what the fuck do you know !! I go to the UK once a year and probably spend more money getting to one game, with all the side dishes involved, than you probably spend all year going to various games...you fuckign idiot!

Plus I drink expensive vodka and not the rats piss that you drink....so Ill add even more onto my expense bill.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:01 pm

london blue 2 wrote:NT as much as I agree our finishing could be better at times. Losing to rags was mostly down to shite defending. We shouldn't have to score 5 goals a game to win a match.


It was Kompany's fault we lost that game.....he was shite that day.

I hope he's nowhere near any of our game on sunday unless we are 4 nil up..even yesterday he was fuckign shit when he came on.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:It can be argued that with an out and out finisher - a la Gerd Muller, Lineker etc, we'd score a lot more. But you have to remember that those players would never get in a Pep team in 10 million years. Maybe Shearer or Wrighty would have the right dynamic?

Aguero,s record stands up with the best of all time that's why this thread is an utter embarrassment to this board and all the scouse and rag cunts looking in will be pissing themselves . What if any team that's get relegated in any given season took their chances ? they wouldn't get fucking relegated would they ? but we are breaking every fucking record going !?!?!?! what a load of fucking bullshit started by a spoilt cunt who never goes to a game EMBARRASSING !!!



Hmm, not much room for debate there then. Sorry, brilliant finishing all game then. Chill.

I am chilled and enjoying watching and supporting the greatest team ever seen in the history of English football . So as a mod your supporting the perennial miserable cunts on here who never go to game and cant wait for us to fuck up ????


Never go to a game ? what the fuck do you know !! I go to the UK once a year and probably spend more money getting to one game, with all the side dishes involved, than you probably spend all year going to various games...you fuckign idiot!

Plus I drink expensive vodka and not the rats piss that you drink....so Ill add even more onto my expense bill.

Who the fuck is talking to you ? What a fucking whopper you are ........ fuck off !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:06 pm

RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.

Attention seeking spoilt rich kid , now fuck off again !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.


I'd call you grumpy, while nigels bollox is truly miserable.
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:11 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.

Attention seeking spoilt rich kid , now fuck off again !


Im fuckign going nowhere
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.

Attention seeking spoilt rich kid , now fuck off again !


Im fuckign going nowhere

You are nowhere in the middle of fucking nowhere deal with it !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:44 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.

Attention seeking spoilt rich kid , now fuck off again !


Im fuckign going nowhere

You are nowhere in the middle of fucking nowhere deal with it !


I wouldn't call the caribbean in the middle of nowhere....Id just call it.......in the caribbean.

Don't spill any of that rats piss now...
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:RE above...miserable cunts on here..means me..everyone knows Im a miserable cunt.

You fuck off.

Attention seeking spoilt rich kid , now fuck off again !


Im fuckign going nowhere

You are nowhere in the middle of fucking nowhere deal with it !


I wouldn't call the caribbean in the middle of nowhere....Id just call it.......in the caribbean.

Don't spill any of that rats piss now...

Im on holiday in Antigua next summer so watch out !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:with the derby coming up this sunday, can someone please remind me why we didn’t seal the league title vs them last season?


Because we let an embarrassingly bad attacking team score 3 goals against us in the 2nd half. Specifically, we completely failed to defend 2 identical deep freekicks from nearly the halfway line. We should never be giving up a 2 goal lead at home. Do you have brain damage or something?


nothing to do with 4 ridiculous misses in the first half then? ok.....


Keep digging Nige. You never answered the question of whether you've played the game. I think we can take it as a no.

Your argument is like saying that Rory McIlroy should have won every golf major. All he had to do was make more putts.

If finishing was easier everyone would be doing it. We have some of the best finishers in the world who practice their craft continuously. The great thing about football as a game is that the underdog can beat the better team "on the day" because they take their chances on a day the better side doesn't.

It happens. Accept it and enjoy your football.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18646
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:07 pm

if jesus had some confidence he'd have scored 5 tonight
we have 50 this season (which is amazing) but it could, or should, easily be 60+
LEGENDARY FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13174
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby bigblue » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:if jesus had some confidence he'd have scored 5 tonight
we have 50 this season (which is amazing) but it could, or should, easily be 60+


You missed his last finish when you left to stare at the wall or something. Beautiful, confident finish.

And only a miserable cunt like you would bring this up after we score 6. Cheer up these are happy days
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8994
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:24 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:if jesus had some confidence he'd have scored 5 tonight
we have 50 this season (which is amazing) but it could, or should, easily be 60+


You missed his last finish when you left to stare at the wall or something. Beautiful, confident finish.

And only a miserable cunt like you would bring this up after we score 6. Cheer up these are happy days


what the fuck is miserable about saying that we are brilliant but saying that our stats could / should be even better?
LEGENDARY FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13174
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigblue, carl_feedthegoat, craigmcfc, everyonehatesus, FA cup winners 2006, Google [Bot], iwasthere2012, JamieMCFC, King_Tueart, nottsblue, sheblue, ShimmyShaker, South Stand Balti and 69 guests