finishing 2018/19

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:53 am

Whilst his finishing for Stoke is awful Saido Berahino, appears to be shooting well in off field play.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10806
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:How would you fix it Nigel? What would you advise Pep to do?

I notice Fulham missed a few chances too. How would you advise them?


He's not gonna answer you mate. He's logged on to this site permanently, yet he's always hiding whenever anyone wants to debate or question his weird posts.


Cardiff missed a heap of chances too. Enough so that they could have taken the lead at one point. But it's just a City issue apparently.


How do you manage to get past the security guards from that spastic hospital ? Tell us how you do it ?


he’s normal by australian standards,carl...
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:21 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
dazby wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
dazby wrote:How would you fix it Nigel? What would you advise Pep to do?

I notice Fulham missed a few chances too. How would you advise them?


He's not gonna answer you mate. He's logged on to this site permanently, yet he's always hiding whenever anyone wants to debate or question his weird posts.


Cardiff missed a heap of chances too. Enough so that they could have taken the lead at one point. But it's just a City issue apparently.


How do you manage to get past the security guards from that spastic hospital ? Tell us how you do it ?


Home Team
Cardiff

shots on goal
2

shots on target

2

HEAPS AND HEAPS of chances................ZZZzzzzzzz.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby dazby » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Ah but you left out the shots off target Mr coconut.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18670
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:41 am

[quote="dazby"]Ah but you left out the shots off target Mr coconut.[/quote .

Total shots 2 ( TWO) and actual shots on target was 2 (TWO) as well ,,,,,,,,,, I don’t thibk there is any other way of putting it as it’s already broken down in idiot form.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm

So the wider Finishing question.

Are Liverpool finding it harder to put the ball in the net this year.
Apart from Sturridge’s strike yesterday quite a few of them have missed piss easy chances that they’d have converted last year. None more so than Salah.

I don’t think we’re any worse than last season TBH, but so far they certainly are, although their all around game is stronger and getting them the points.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby bigblue » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:So the wider Finishing question.

Are Liverpool finding it harder to put the ball in the net this year.
Apart from Sturridge’s strike yesterday quite a few of them have missed piss easy chances that they’d have converted last year. None more so than Salah.

I don’t think we’re any worse than last season TBH, but so far they certainly are, although their all around game is stronger and getting them the points.


We've both only conceded 3 goals this year, but we're averaging an extra goal per game compared to the dippers. While they are playing a lot better than last year, I don't know where theyre going to find an extra 40 goals if Salad stays off the boil
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9140
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:32 pm

bigblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:So the wider Finishing question.

Are Liverpool finding it harder to put the ball in the net this year.
Apart from Sturridge’s strike yesterday quite a few of them have missed piss easy chances that they’d have converted last year. None more so than Salah.

I don’t think we’re any worse than last season TBH, but so far they certainly are, although their all around game is stronger and getting them the points.


We've both only conceded 3 goals this year, but we're averaging an extra goal per game compared to the dippers. While they are playing a lot better than last year, I don't know where theyre going to find an extra 40 goals if Salad stays off the boil


According to the deluded cunts , they have the best front 3 in the world and have done for years.

I swear..I fuckign hate these bindipping supporters , fucking hate them...nearly (Photo finish) as much as the Munchen supporters.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:29 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
bigblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:So the wider Finishing question.

Are Liverpool finding it harder to put the ball in the net this year.
Apart from Sturridge’s strike yesterday quite a few of them have missed piss easy chances that they’d have converted last year. None more so than Salah.

I don’t think we’re any worse than last season TBH, but so far they certainly are, although their all around game is stronger and getting them the points.


We've both only conceded 3 goals this year, but we're averaging an extra goal per game compared to the dippers. While they are playing a lot better than last year, I don't know where theyre going to find an extra 40 goals if Salad stays off the boil


According to the deluded cunts , they have the best front 3 in the world and have done for years.

I swear..I fuckign hate these bindipping supporters , fucking hate them...nearly (Photo finish) as much as the Munchen supporters.


You don't have to choose one over the other Carl. We can hate them both with equal passion.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29238
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:53 pm

not an issue
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:not an issue

Oh please!
You’re not using that today as an example are you?

Our defence held up.
Missing a penalty is atrocious but we haven’t lost as a result of it.

As I’ve said all along Liverpool have gone backwards as far as finishing is concerned.
We’re no worse than last year.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:40 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:not an issue

Oh please!
You’re not using that today as an example are you?

Our defence held up.
Missing a penalty is atrocious but we haven’t lost as a result of it.

As I’ve said all along Liverpool have gone backwards as far as finishing is concerned.
We’re no worse than last year.


the whole finishing thing is about taking chances...
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby bigblue » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:not an issue

Oh please!
You’re not using that today as an example are you?

Our defence held up.
Missing a penalty is atrocious but we haven’t lost as a result of it.

As I’ve said all along Liverpool have gone backwards as far as finishing is concerned.
We’re no worse than last year.


the whole finishing thing is about taking chances...


the whole posting thing is about saying something of value...
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9140
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:not an issue

Oh please!
You’re not using that today as an example are you?

Our defence held up.
Missing a penalty is atrocious but we haven’t lost as a result of it.

As I’ve said all along Liverpool have gone backwards as far as finishing is concerned.
We’re no worse than last year.


the whole finishing thing is about taking chances...

I get that Nidge, but your argument re the poor finishing all along has been that it’ll bite us on the arse when we meet the big boys, because our defence always gives up at least one brain fart leading to s goal.

Well today wasn’t that day.
We missed a penalty. We’ll get over it.
Maybe we were in shock that we actually got one.

Liverpool have bigger finishing issues than we do. Their difference this year is they have s defence.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:not an issue

Oh please!
You’re not using that today as an example are you?

Our defence held up.
Missing a penalty is atrocious but we haven’t lost as a result of it.

As I’ve said all along Liverpool have gone backwards as far as finishing is concerned.
We’re no worse than last year.


the whole finishing thing is about taking chances...

I get that Nidge, but your argument re the poor finishing all along has been that it’ll bite us on the arse when we meet the big boys, because our defence always gives up at least one brain fart leading to s goal.

Well today wasn’t that day.
We missed a penalty. We’ll get over it.
Maybe we were in shock that we actually got one.

Liverpool have bigger finishing issues than we do. Their difference this year is they have s defence.


i don't give a fuck about liverpool or any other club for that matter.
a penalty is one of the best fucking chances you get in game and we had the player with one of the worst premier league penalty records ever taking it.
no one can defend that..... in fact, tell me that you didn't know he'd miss as soon as you him grab the ball because i know, for sure, that i feared the worst.
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:not an issue

Oh please!
You’re not using that today as an example are you?

Our defence held up.
Missing a penalty is atrocious but we haven’t lost as a result of it.

As I’ve said all along Liverpool have gone backwards as far as finishing is concerned.
We’re no worse than last year.


the whole finishing thing is about taking chances...

I get that Nidge, but your argument re the poor finishing all along has been that it’ll bite us on the arse when we meet the big boys, because our defence always gives up at least one brain fart leading to s goal.

Well today wasn’t that day.
We missed a penalty. We’ll get over it.
Maybe we were in shock that we actually got one.

Liverpool have bigger finishing issues than we do. Their difference this year is they have s defence.


i don't give a fuck about liverpool or any other club for that matter.
a penalty is one of the best fucking chances you get in game and we had the player with one of the worst premier league penalty records ever taking it.
no one can defend that..... in fact, tell me that you didn't know he'd miss as soon as you him grab the ball because i know, for sure, that i feared the worst.


I guessed he’d miss, but that is nothing to do with your argument re our finishing.
A penalty is snot the same thing as our ordinary play and chances to conversion rate.
Your not wrong about finishing could be better but today does nothing for your argument.
Like I said. By your argument up until now that miss would have lost us the game.
It didn’t. The fact Liverpool are struggling to score meant they didn’t take advantage.

Last year we would have lost that game.
Today we dropped 2 points because we didn’t convert a penalty but are still s pint up on last year.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:13 pm

If rather the 0-0 with no finishing than the 3-4 we took last season with a few chances taken. Top of the league on goal difference right?
Tracking back is overrated.
Image
Pretty Boy Lee
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12673
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am
Location: Brisbane baby!
Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If rather the 0-0 with no finishing than the 3-4 we took last season with a few chances taken. Top of the league on goal difference right?

Bingo.
That’s my point made better.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9158
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:If rather the 0-0 with no finishing than the 3-4 we took last season with a few chances taken. Top of the league on goal difference right?

Bingo.
That’s my point made better.


I agree, we are better off than last season coming away with a point in a season where records were broken. Will all pan out in the end. Harder to take because of the pen of course but it's a point gained rather than two dropped, pens always a gamble (let's not forget Aguero has missed a couple too). Not on par with Mahrez but they can all miss em.
Grandad Rosler
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:06 pm
Location: South Stand 3rd Tier
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Re: finishing 2018/19

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:24 pm

keep saying it isn’t an issue lads
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BlueinBosnia, gaudy, Google [Bot] and 39 guests