is jesus good enough...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: is jesus good enough...

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:35 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:Question regarding his transition - would it be worth a 2nd or 3rd place finish one season to give him more game time, to ensure that we've got a world class striker on our hands for the next decade or more?

For me it would be, and I guess Pep could sell the idea to the owners, too. As for the time being, I think he's still got at least another season behind Aguero in the pecking order.

Have you been hanging out with Dazby ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:@Nigels Tackle

He generally scored 1 in 2, similar to Jesus. That 27 in 42 was the season I was referring to as his breakthrough season, hitting elite levels

in a team that finished 7th in the league that year

It's besides the point anyway, I was comparing their numbers at the same age, Jesus hasn't reached the age Aguero was that season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bluedj » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:56 pm

The big difference to me is how the goals are generated.

Serg makes so many goals out of nothing or really acute angles

Gabriel’s are more often tap ins in the box
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Bluedj wrote:The big difference to me is how the goals are generated.

Serg makes so many goals out of nothing or really acute angles

Gabriel’s are more often tap ins in the box

Yes, but Sergio will quite often choose to shoot (like on Saturday) instead of rolling it across the box for a tap in, which I'm sure drives Pep mad.
They are both very good and both very much required in the squad. Kun is looking very sharp this season and is unplayable when he hits form.

Like most are saying Jesus ha sa lot to learn but he has all the tools to make it. It's up to him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:26 pm

On as a sub, Last Min at Saints KDB PASS 50 yards Over his shoulder 1st touch to die for lift over keeper. Crowd roar 100 points. Passed the audition flying colours. Hate to bring this up but Rags Derby at home is he missing the 1v1 chances........ Which a lot of rags I know thought if we had got the third from 10 was on as they would have capitulated... Rash saved Jose that day.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:55 pm

He looks like a player who goes away in big games. Decent vs mediocre or bottom teams, but absent versus the big one.
Against Scouse last year he delivered, but I have problems remembering his last goals vs a top side.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:58 pm

Hazy2 wrote:On as a sub, Last Min at Saints KDB PASS 50 yards Over his shoulder 1st touch to die for lift over keeper. Crowd roar 100 points. Passed the audition flying colours. Hate to bring this up but Rags Derby at home is he missing the 1v1 chances........ Which a lot of rags I know thought if we had got the third from 10 was on as they would have capitulated... Rash saved Jose that day.

Rash? Is that Rashford?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:On as a sub, Last Min at Saints KDB PASS 50 yards Over his shoulder 1st touch to die for lift over keeper. Crowd roar 100 points. Passed the audition flying colours. Hate to bring this up but Rags Derby at home is he missing the 1v1 chances........ Which a lot of rags I know thought if we had got the third from 10 was on as they would have capitulated... Rash saved Jose that day.

Rash? Is that Rashford?
Our very own Rash.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Rash? Is that Rashford?
Our very own Rash.

Oh you mean 'Raz', so our capitulation that day was all down to one player, I see.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:...to replace kun?

The short answer is no. Not if we are talking this season. There are few strikers in world football today who have Kun’s game in what he brings to a team.

The long term answer is maybe. He has a different skill set to Kun and we may see Jesus as the partner to Kun’s replacement rather than his actual replacement. His movement is already superior to Kun’s, the runs he makes off the ball into the inside forwards channels dragging defenders away from the penalty box allowing other players room. Yes, he could work on his finishing but it’s not as if it is poor. And how many chances does Kun miss? He is a young lad, a long way from home finding his feet in the team. He will only get better as time progresses. He is already Brazil’s number 9 and their top scorer in qualifying and though he didn’t have the best World Cup, their manager has faith in him.

He seems a popular lad amongst the squad which will help him as well. I for one am quite relaxed about his performances and what he brings to the party
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Rash? Is that Rashford?
Our very own Rash.

Oh you mean 'Raz', so our capitulation that day was all down to one player, I see.

Pep to be a top top team take the fucking chances ! Would the scum have anything to chase if we take sitters?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:04 pm

As the Doobies sang "Jesus is alright by me".
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:17 pm

We will need another striker next summer as we start to transition to life without kun. Id of said we prob needed one this summer. He will take some replacing, no one will likely do it but jesus offers us something different so no need to compare.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:30 pm

Did we change the title of the finishing thread or is he just gonna keep making new ones until we all agree?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Agree with Nottsblue Jesus is a different player, so far Aguero has started the season on fire, plays the way Pep wants him to (when many of us thought he’d never adapt) and ironically its Jesus who is struggling to get majority time on the pitch - role reversal of previous seasons. However, his last minute goal at the end of last season proves his quality - got to remember he played more games over the summer although he did very little for Brazil so maybe he’s just worn out if not physically then mentally
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby aaron bond » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:47 am

He’s clearly nowhere near Aguero’s level yet but Aguero is one of the best strikers to ever play in England.

At this stage I’m not sure if he can become the man to lead us up front when Aguero leaves, but I think he’s good enough to be 1 of 3 or 4 strikers for us.

We are more than likely going to have to spend big to replace Aguero.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:23 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Did we change the title of the finishing thread or is he just gonna keep making new ones until we all agree?

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:54 am

Original Dub wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Did we change the title of the finishing thread or is he just gonna keep making new ones until we all agree?

I did have a 'slow' titter at that too. :)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:58 am

zuricity wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I did have a 'slow' titter at that too. :)

is that what tit’s do?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 am

stevefromdonny wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:Nowhere near good enough at the moment. Aguero can change games on his own, scoring goals from all over the place...Jesus rarely scores anything other than from inside the six yard box.....not that I can remember anyway. Don't get me wrong, he's going to be a great player, but if you want to replace Aguero, Jesus isn't the answer for me.

There are some on social media that go into meltdown when Jesus doesn't play instead of Aguero...I don't get that.

so where did he shoot from when scoring the winner against southampton

I think you get the point I'm making....and I did say rarely.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum