Interview with Steve Sidwell

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:42 am

Not really a special player, not really a special interview. But I liked it:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/04/steve-sidwell-interview-retirement-premier-league-brighton
User avatar
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1189
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 am
Location: Umeå
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:50 am

Didn't we try signing him a couple of times?
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18907
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:53 am

I remember pining for him when we were shit!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6903
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:49 am
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:06 am

Pearce was after him iirc
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14806
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: UK
Supporter of: City

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:30 am

Enjoyed that. Interesting reading. I bet if he had one, his autobiography would be good, having played at the top for so long for 5/6 top flight sides and under some good managers too.
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14949
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:44 am

Good read indeed. Seems like a nice bloke.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22263
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:23 am

Wooders wrote:Pearce was after him iirc


Correct, I was at city store when Pearce walked in with him. He was giving him a tour so we must have been close. No camera phone back then, but I did post it on here in the old board version.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29226
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:32 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wooders wrote:Pearce was after him iirc


Correct, I was at city store when Pearce walked in with him. He was giving him a tour so we must have been close. No camera phone back then, but I did post it on here in the old board version.


Wasn't it his club that put the blockers on it at the time?
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18907
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:00 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Wooders wrote:Pearce was after him iirc


Correct, I was at city store when Pearce walked in with him. He was giving him a tour so we must have been close. No camera phone back then, but I did post it on here in the old board version.


I remember you posting that Bob. It caused great excitement too - we've come a fair way since then.

I remember being disappointed we didn't get him. Last minute change of heart IIRC?
Something could get pretty rotten in the state of Swampland. . . it could just turn out even better than a particularly gory episode of "I, Claudius".
The only thing more entertaining will be our football..
User avatar
Original Dub
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17222
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Breasts
My favourite player is: Aguero

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:07 am

I remember we had a bid for Steed Malbranque rejected by Fulham and I was devastated at the time :lol:
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18907
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby mr_nool » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:18 am

Mase wrote:I remember we had a bid for Steed Malbranque rejected by Fulham and I was devastated at the time :lol:


What a memory you have! I had forgotten there even was a player called Steed Malbranque :D
But thinking back, I do believe I had him in my fantasy team in my first season playing it. I also remember having Young when he still played for Watford. He saved a game week for me by scoring two goals in one game.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
User avatar
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22263
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:48 am
Location: Utrecht

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Mase » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:44 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:I remember we had a bid for Steed Malbranque rejected by Fulham and I was devastated at the time :lol:


What a memory you have! I had forgotten there even was a player called Steed Malbranque :D
But thinking back, I do believe I had him in my fantasy team in my first season playing it. I also remember having Young when he still played for Watford. He saved a game week for me by scoring two goals in one game.


I remember we were traveling to America and I was frantically refreshing the Teletext on the TV in the hotel to see if we'd signed him. And I'm sure whilst we were away we were trying to sign Stelios that same summer.
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18907
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Interview with Steve Sidwell

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:30 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:I remember we had a bid for Steed Malbranque rejected by Fulham and I was devastated at the time :lol:


What a memory you have! I had forgotten there even was a player called Steed Malbranque :D
But thinking back, I do believe I had him in my fantasy team in my first season playing it. I also remember having Young when he still played for Watford. He saved a game week for me by scoring two goals in one game.


I remember we were traveling to America and I was frantically refreshing the Teletext on the TV in the hotel to see if we'd signed him. And I'm sure whilst we were away we were trying to sign Stelios that same summer.


Ha! I remember Malbranque disappointment as well. Also thought that losing out on Sidwell was a major blow for us

Had forgotten Stelios completely though :lol: :lol:
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11407
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:58 pm
Location: Blue moon
Supporter of: MCFC


Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Nigels Tackle and 35 guests