***city v lyon official cl match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v lyon official cl match thread***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:At least the defeat brought this site back to life. Every cloud has its silver lining.

It is ever thus

'You only post when you're whining'
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Delph and Gundo pulled out of challenges at least 3 times yesterday that put us on the back foot......their personal injuries obviously on their minds.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:CL is massive to everyone bar us. The atmosphere is like the a first round full members cup. I am not dissing the fans here, but with owners giving us the stuff dreams are made of. Genuinely what can be done to get tus in line with the clubs ambitions to be the best in Europe. Last night was I admit it I cannot be arsed with this I am up at 5.30 today and fucked off at 9.30. Loads were exiting also btw. I am as guilty as charged I just have no interest in it, can't even explain it. Mates said as I left not like you. I have no regrets and if I never attended another CL game as it stands I would not bat an eyelid.

I told my mate last night coming out, I have seen probably 6-7 games in this competition where I've actually been entertained, the rest have been snooze time. Spending about £50 to watch what happened last night is a waste of money, I'm sure most fans will be in the same boat
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:23 pm

i dont blame delph b/c i think he was rushed back from injury. he should not have been in the squad at all, and yet for some reason he started. which makes me wonder....where the f*ck are zinchenko and danilo?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:My young lad has a bee in his bonnet about Gundogan and watched him especially last night and repeatedly came to the same conclusion as Mase and others on here.
The truth is he unbalances the midfield because he does hide from the pass rather than actively present himself for it like the two Silva.
Fern gets left with far too much to do on his own.

I've just watched the first half back due to this post and I'm sorry but that's completely inaccurate, Gundogan was showing for the ball far more often than either Silva.

Walker and Delph were horrendous, bad decision making and sloppy passing, Walker particularly guilty on the passing front. Fernandinho and Laporte guilty of some really sloppy stuff too.

Couple of occasions I'd be critical of Gundogan was on one attack he passed backwards when we were well placed to work a clear chance and on another occasion he was outmuscled for the ball in the centre which led to a counter. No hiding.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:34 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:My young lad has a bee in his bonnet about Gundogan and watched him especially last night and repeatedly came to the same conclusion as Mase and others on here.
The truth is he unbalances the midfield because he does hide from the pass rather than actively present himself for it like the two Silva.
Fern gets left with far too much to do on his own.

I've just watched the first half back due to this post and I'm sorry but that's completely inaccurate, Gundogan was showing for the ball far more often than either Silva.

Walker and Delph were horrendous, bad decision making and sloppy passing, Walker particularly guilty on the passing front. Fernandinho and Laporte guilty of some really sloppy stuff too.

Couple of occasions I'd be critical of Gundogan was on one attack he passed backwards when we were well placed to work a clear chance and on another occasion he was outmuscled for the ball in the centre which led to a counter. No hiding.

wow. you are a glutton for punishment. do you frequent sex clubs where people shit on you for pleasure?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:51 am

Gundo deserves no more criticism than any other player after Wednesday's poor team performance, probably less.
But he is the current whipping boy. If he has a good perfomance it doesn't get a mention as others will be highlighted but if he blinks in the wrong direction he gets slaughtered for it.

I felt the team and the manager got it wrong v Lyon and yes I wouldn't have played Gundo alongside Fern. I would actually have rested Fern and played Gundo in his role.The individuals just made too many simple errors and leading the way were Fern , Walker , Laporte, Delph and even Merlin!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gundo deserves no more criticism than any other player after Wednesday's poor team performance, probably less.
But he is the current whipping boy. If he has a good perfomance it doesn't get a mention as others will be highlighted but if he blinks in the wrong direction he gets slaughtered for it.

I felt the team and the manager got it wrong v Lyon and yes I wouldn't have played Gundo alongside Fern. I would actually have rested Fern and played Gundo in his role.The individuals just made too many simple errors and leading the way were Fern , Walker , Laporte, Delph and even Merlin!

Everybody made errors and they were all shite. I am not picking on Gundo but the facts are he has regressed since his Dortmund days. I don't think he can do the Fern role on current form.
The injuries have gotten into his head.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:07 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gundo deserves no more criticism than any other player after Wednesday's poor team performance, probably less.

The voice of reason as ever.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:19 am

Not really. He had a good match the other week and everyone was sucking him off.

People are allowed an opinion on him without him being the "whipping boy". FFS is he being booed like Edgy? Is he getting the stick Goater got when he first signed? Is he getting verbal abuse from the first row like Kolarov every match? No.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:05 pm

He offers little or nothing in the way of attacking play. Playing both him and Fern further hamstrings us by pushing one of our creative central midfielders i to a position where he becomes predictable cutting in on to his left foot.
It's exactly what happened at Wolves and was obvious it would happen again v Lyon. And it did.
If he's played instead of Fern I wouldn't have minded so much, although I don't think Ilkay is anywhere near as good as him.
We aren't as fluent in attack, give the ball away too easily and get caught on the counter. And you know it's going to happen. Shit.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:50 pm

Mase wrote:

Not really. He had a good match the other week and everyone was sucking him off.

People are allowed an opinion on him without him being the "whipping boy". FFS is he being booed like Edgy? Is he getting the stick Goater got when he first signed? Is he getting verbal abuse from the first row like Kolarov every match? No.

Would a modern player cope with a 50% pissed or stoned Kippax the rest just abusing all and sundry whilst having a slash as they watched the game.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Mase wrote:

When was this?

Nobody is stopping anyone having an opinion or voicing that opinion. Nobody suggested he is getting verbal abuse at games either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Mase wrote:

When was this?

Nobody is stopping anyone having an opinion or voicing that opinion. Nobody suggested he is getting verbal abuse at games either.

Week after I started the Gundo thread.

"He's the whipping boy" sounds like people giving their opinion to me.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 pm

I avoided social media after the game as you know what you willl get from inside and outside. Of course 24 hours later it's still there and of course City deserve plenty of criticism for a weak performance but the stand out player wherever I have looked for getting abuse , criticism , whatever you want to call it is Gundo ( with a bit of Jesus thrown in). 3 City fans websites, twitter wherever. You might not like the phrase whipping boy but that's how I see it .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Where is this dick sucking Mase? You started that thread on the 21st of August and the last post was on the 23rd of August, I don't see any dick being sucked.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Where is this dick sucking Mase? You started that thread on the 21st of August and the last post was on the 23rd of August, I don't see any dick being sucked.

In the match day thread when he played well. Go fetch...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Where is this dick sucking Mase? You started that thread on the 21st of August and the last post was on the 23rd of August, I don't see any dick being sucked.

Bad weirdo
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I avoided social media after the game as you know what you willl get from inside and outside. Of course 24 hours later it's still there and of course City deserve plenty of criticism for a weak performance but the stand out player wherever I have looked for getting abuse , criticism , whatever you want to call it is Gundo ( with a bit of Jesus thrown in). 3 City fans websites, twitter wherever. You might not like the phrase whipping boy but that's how I see it .

Jesus was so bad they've just given Aguero a 10 year contract :o
https://www.facebook.com/goal/videos/313065279272362/
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Mase wrote:

Bad weirdo

Genuinely didn't have you down as being from Liverpool. They talk like that don't they putting "bad" in front of everything.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum