What are we missing?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What are we missing?

Postby ruralblue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Phips!. Phips is missing, I do worry about him.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Based on last night, 15 thousand fans.

We only have 30 odd thousand fanatics that go regardless of the weather....like I did in the 80,s when we were fuckign shit!!!

We will be beaten to death by all and sundry by opposing fans due to our stay away 'fans''......I dont get it...it is embarrassing , dont care what anyone says.

i said earlier I fooked off to my shame but it was miserable on the pitch sat with twats on phones some cunts popping in and out, all together a bad night amongst many great ones from the Kippax to Complacency.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:53 pm

mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Some perspective.

2 individual errors which can and do happen to every team cost us the win last night.

Another day and we win the game. It’s not often we have played that badly since Pep arrived and it rarely lasts for more than that one game. I fully expect a huge improvement in the next few games and we then just file last night under Could do better, Should do better, Will do better, Have done better

I thought the first goal was a series of errors which very much looked like they could have been caused by complacency. Dinho's pass was uncharacteristically horrible. Walker had the chance to close down his man, but decided to slow down to a trot instead. And Delph obviously had a howler.

To me the whole performance screamed of complacency. Maybe I'm wrong and it was just a glitch, or maybe I'm right and it is the wake-up call the players and the coaching staff needs. I don't want to think that I'm right and that the rot will continue.

Absolutely. There were so many missed placed passes that one of them was going to lead to an error.

It was not an individual error. It was repetition of the same error over and over all night. Ironically that was the stuff that pep highlighted in his post Fulham presser ffs.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby budfox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Perspective.

One shit performance against a team we underestimated is of no concern.

We are the best team the Premier League has ever seen and we boast at least two, if not three of its finest ever players.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Personally I think we need an actual left back

That's a good call. Was thinking the same yesterday. Not that I don't rate Delph, but we get very one dimensional when Mendy is injured.

I think playing Delph with Sterling on the left was always going to be easier to defend because that means no width, so the defence can play narrower, which also means they can cover the right even better as well. Combine that with Bernardo on the right, who wants to cut inside, and the defence didn't have to worry too much about wide play. It was only Walker providing width, and he had an awful game.

Maybe Pep saw something in the scouting on Lyon that was vulnerable that way, but it didn't pan out at all.

We are also missing a real backup to Fernandinho who is looking older already. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I wonder if it would have been worth it to try Gundogan there instead of as a roaming 8, but it seems Pep has no interest in that. Maybe he'd have played Delph there, but Mendy is out and he clearly didn't trust Zinch enough in this game.

I think we will try for Neves in January, but I just don't think Wolves will sell yet and we will have to make do with what we have, which is a concern.
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm

There’s two huge debates on BM which I confess I’ve dipped into.
One about stay away fans and one about booing.
I think they’re two sides of the one coin.
I’ve a lot of thoughts on the matter but am sitting in the airport waiting to go home and don’t feel like writing a tome hurriedly.

Last night was the worst atmosphere I’ve been in of any match I’ve come over for. And when the team was announced I feared it was going to be a difficult night.

OD mentioned attitude of winners and I agree, in so far as, I just don’t believe our players have a winners attitude in th CL.
They never looked to me like they believed they could get something from that game after the mistakes.
Contrast that with the PL last year. There was nothing but belief that we could win every match.

Anyone who thinks the fans contrasting support of each competition is not a factor is naive IMO.

More later.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Last night showed were no where near cracking Europe, add to the mix a piss poor team selection, also for me Jesus's jury still out for me.
Gundog bang average, ferns looking a shadow of last season we should have bought a striker last summer if we're challenging on all fronts.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm

James Milner

Coats on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:James Milner

Coats on.

Was having this conversation with a dipper today. Much as it pains me, we could do with him about now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Coats on.

Was having this conversation with a dipper today. Much as it pains me, we could do with him about now

Now we don't need him at all . Completely disagree , Milner is drop dead average over at the end of the canal. Anyone can score penalties.

He is passed his sell by date .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:35 pm

The back of the net, but don't tell Nigel's Tackle, he'll probably say "I told you so", even if last night we weren't really wasteful , like Mahrez was last saturday when he came on.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Just to lighten the mood I found this classic on twitter today .......

Lmaoooo Millwall fan on talk sport

"Let me defend City fans here , most of them have come from work and it was probably too much effort "
- "So why did Liverpool sell out then ?"
"Well they didn't have to go to work did they" :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Coats on.

Milner has won nothing since he left us and the dippers have won nothing for a decade. Maybe they could do with Sterling who has won 3 trophies in 3 seasons. I hope this was part of the said conversation mate.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 pm

We need a young all rounder midfielder to replace ferno. There is no point buying anyone for sake of it. Its critical we buy the right replacement, we must not rush or we'll be lumbered with another Gundo. Once KDB is back, we should be ok, its too soon to call it crisis, I have a feeling Cardiff are in for a hiding.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 pm

City64 wrote:Just to lighten the mood I found this classic on twitter today .......

Lmaoooo Millwall fan on talk sport

"Let me defend City fans here , most of them have come from work and it was probably too much effort "
- "So why did Liverpool sell out then ?"
"Well they didn't have to go to work did they" :lol: :lol:

Finally i can nick a python phrase and it makes sense

"Nice one (S)Centurion"
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Coats on.

Milner has won nothing since he left us and the dippers have won nothing for a decade. Maybe they could do with Sterling who has won 3 trophies in 3 seasons. I hope this was part of the said conversation mate.

More that his energy and drive was something we were lacking. Not suggesting he is a replacement for Fern, far from it. More as an alternative which Gundogan is not at present.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Coats on.

More that his energy and drive was something we were lacking. Not suggesting he is a replacement for Fern, far from it. More as an alternative which Gundogan is not at present.

He does seem to suit Liverpool's system. Funny thing is, he was rubbish for us when he got a game in the centre. It didn't take the dippers long to take him out of the centre after he joined. He ended up at left back but seems to have found a role now. We do need someone though. Yaya has left, Fern is 34 and big Dave 33 soon. Really poor not to have got someone in.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Lot of shit in the media about our fans last night v the dippers on Tuesday. Truth is they love the comp and we generally don't. If they were cheated the way we were in both legs last season, or if they had their bus smashed up without punishment for the culprits, maybe they would be pissed off with it too. It seems to me that empty seats is a bigger deal than murdering oppo fans, at least in the media.
I missed only my second ever home Champs league match last night. I'm only 30 miles away but spent 4 hours getting to and from the game in the car on Saturday so I wasn't even attempting it last night. This season will be a nightmare for midweek games.
South Stand Balti

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Milner :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Personally I think we need an actual left back

That's a good call. Was thinking the same yesterday. Not that I don't rate Delph, but we get very one dimensional when Mendy is injured.

Actually, I was including Mendy in the left back position when I made that comment. He looks hopeless when it comes to defending. Now Im not saying Walker is the best defender (although, gaffes aside, I do think hes quite good) but hes capable of attacking and defending.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum