MotM v Cardiff

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Ederson
2%
Walker
No votes
Otamendi
2%
Laporte
No votes
Delph
No votes
Fernandinho
No votes
Gundogan
67%
Bernardo Silva
17%
Sterling
4%
Sane
No votes
Aguero
6%
Mahrez
2%
Stones
No votes
Foden
No votes

Total votes : 52

Re: MotM v Cardiff

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:16 am

There's better options than Gundo for the KDB role. One is a kid.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: MotM v Cardiff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:18 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:Who drops out to allow Gundo to play further forward consistently? Bernard? Silva? Sterling or Sanè?

Nobody is calling for that.

Well it's a fair point from Mase FIBD and I think it's at the crux of the argument between us (fans).
I've nothing against Gundo personally but as I've stated my preferred option would be Aguero, Sane, Sterling, 2 Silvas and Fern. 4 at the back.
So that leaves Gundo as a squad player.
Pep rotates and quite obviously sees things different. He rarely drops Fern and that means dropping one of the other four, usually sane so far this season.
I think that unbalances our team as it involves moving Sterling and Bernardo around, so you expect great things form Ilkay to warrant this.

I don't want to sound like I'm picking on him individually in the team, it's just my preference on what I see as current form.
The guy played well on Saturday and he is well capable of doing that. I say for all, not just him, they have to show it every game or be replaced.
sane was crap for a couple of games and was dropped. When he got back in he's been sensational. Why drop him?

Pep's call and as long as he's getting results who are we to second guess him.
There's a big few weeks ahead though and I do not want to be 5 points behind Liverpool at the end of them, so he better get it right.

How is it a fair point when nobody is calling for that consistently?

Sane wasn't dropped on account of Gundogan being in the side, Gundogan has been in the side because he's filling in for DeBruyne.

I made the point about him getting the consistency further forward in reply to City64.
Sane wasn't dropped on account of Gundogan, but having played his way back in, it seems to be a choice of him in the team or Gundogan.
Depending on which plays, it alters our shape.
Both lineups are playing without KDB, so it really is a squad choice thing.

I think it is a fair point by Mase. It's not a slight on Gundogan. It's simply seems to be an either or situation at the moment with Pep.
Who's to say he won't play both and rotate someone else.

From my point of view I still think the front six I favoured is the most balanced, certainly on current evidence, not withstanding how well Gundo performed against Cardiff.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum