Carabao chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carabao chat

Postby Bluedj » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:41 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:Is it just me, or has Hazard's goal been blown out of proportion. It was a good goal, but I didn't think it was the best goal ever, as being portrayed in many media outlets. It's the type of goal Aguero scores on a regular basis, I don't see him getting this sort of ass licking.

All of a sudden he's a Ballon Christian D'ior winner...WTF. Have I missed something. We all know he has the potential, but Christ, he's been on holiday for the past 18 months hasn't he. Best player in the league, and possibly Europe...my arse.

AND it’s was against the Dippers.......therefore it had to be a great goal

Have to agree a very nice goal but not sure why it’s being hyped up so much.
It’s not as though ther were 21 passes during the build up like some other team scored the other night ;)))

It was an amazing solo goal. But the truth is that Hazards numbers don't compare to the best in our league let alone Europe or the world. The hype is unreal. Popularity is the biggest factor.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Outcast » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:47 pm

I probably would get salughtered for this, I would rather have Sane over Hazard providing he becomes more consistent
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Outcast wrote:I probably would get salughtered for this, I would rather have Sane over Hazard providing he becomes more consistent

Hazard is very good at the moment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Outcast wrote:I probably would get salughtered for this, I would rather have Sane over Hazard providing he becomes more consistent

Not sure if you were meaning to be ironic mentioning Hazard and consistency in the same sentence?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:30 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Not sure if you were meaning to be ironic mentioning Hazard and consistency in the same sentence?

What you mean? Hazard lead Chelsea to a Europa League spot last year. Absolutely quality....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

What you mean? Hazard lead Chelsea to a Europa League spot last year. Absolutely quality....

He went missing a fair bit the season before that or was it the one before that
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:52 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

He's one year on, one year off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:12 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:Is it just me, or has Hazard's goal been blown out of proportion. It was a good goal, but I didn't think it was the best goal ever, as being portrayed in many media outlets. It's the type of goal Aguero scores on a regular basis, I don't see him getting this sort of ass licking.

All of a sudden he's a Ballon Christian D'ior winner...WTF. Have I missed something. We all know he has the potential, but Christ, he's been on holiday for the past 18 months hasn't he. Best player in the league, and possibly Europe...my arse.

It’s not as though ther were 21 passes during the build up like some other team scored the other night ;)))

You know the script, it takes something extraordinary to beat the dippers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

He's one year on, one year off.

Are we talking about Eden Hazard? Quality player who I’d have at City in a heartbeat.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

You know the script, it takes something extraordinary to beat the dippers.

Like honest officials.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:28 pm

I'd rather have Sane full stop.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Dimples » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:23 pm

patrickblue wrote:

+1.

Hazard is 27 and you cannot rely on him. He will down tools if the stars are not aligned to suit him. Done this twice with Chelsea so far.
Sane is 22 and has huge potential. He can be as good as he wants to be. But it appears he also has an attitude issue.

Hazard is to old to change his way now. Sane is young enough to mature. If he does and goes for it he will be better than Hazard.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:53 pm

Dimples wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

+1.

Hazard is 27 and you cannot rely on him. He will down tools if the stars are not aligned to suit him. Done this twice with Chelsea so far.
Sane is 22 and has huge potential. He can be as good as he wants to be. But it appears he also has an attitude issue.

Hazard is to old to change his way now. Sane is young enough to mature. If he does and goes for it he will be better than Hazard.

I think Sanes attitude is more a 'laid back' unintentional one, just part and parcel of his DNA according to reportsf rom Germany.....he certainly doesnt fuckign sulk thats for sure.
When he gets a bollocking from managers for poor displays at least he just goes out the very next game and does better.

I wouldn't swap him for Hazard either.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Well we are drawn home to Fulham and Big Frank is going back to Chelsea, played w/c 29th October:

CITY v Fulham
Bournemouth v Norwich
Arsenal v Blackpool
Leicester v Everton or Southampton
West Ham v Tottenham
Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace
Chelsea v Derby County
Burton Albion v Nottingham Forest
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Well we are drawn home to Fulham and Big Frank is going back to Chelsea, played w/c 29th October:

CITY v Fulham
Bournemouth v Norwich
Arsenal v Blackpool
Leicester v Everton or Southampton
West Ham v Tottenham
Middlesbrough v Crystal Palace
Chelsea v Derby County
Burton Albion v Nottingham Forest

Take that.

Does a home draw mean we get to play at the Etihad? Been so long I’ve forgot... :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Arsenal are always given easy rides in the cups. Weird.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum