Raza's contract.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Raza's contract.

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:11 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
He left Liverpool for a better team. If he leaves us for Barca or Real then he'll have done the same.

Is there actually any interest from them when it comes him? Or is just about money. I think this is the million dollar question.

From what I saw since the sheik came, we are untouchable when it comes to Real or Barca. They can't buy our best players, we never lost a great player in this 10 year era. Well, maybe Milner. :lol:

Joke aside, if Sterling wants to leave and play for them, I agree with you, I will hold no grudges, but if this is money wise, I will be disappointed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:16 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
He left Liverpool for a better team. If he leaves us for Barca or Real then he'll have done the same.

Is there actually any interest from them when it comes him? Or is just about money. I think this is the million dollar question.

From what I saw since the sheik came, we are untouchable when it comes to Real or Barca. They can't buy our best players, we never lost a great player in this 10 year era. Well, maybe Milner. :lol:

Joke aside, if Sterling wants to leave and play for them, I agree with you, I will hold no grudges, but if this is money wise, I will be disappointed.

If it's money wise as in he wants to be paid the same as our highest earners then I agree with him.

He should hold out for that.

It would cost us £80+ million to replace him plus probably £200k+ a week.

Just give him what he wants, IF he wants to be on the same as the top guys.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:20 am

From what I heard at the game yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for Franco's Fascists next season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:25 am

Mase wrote:If it's money wise as in he wants to be paid the same as our highest earners then I agree with him.

But isn't he paid the same? I reckon when he signed had one of the best contracts in the club. However, I don't think he deserves to be better paid than Silva, Sergio and KDB. Not yet.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:If it's money wise as in he wants to be paid the same as our highest earners then I agree with him.

But isn't he paid the same? I reckon when he signed had one of the best contracts in the club. However, I don't think he deserves to be better paid than Silva, Sergio and KDB. Not yet.

why?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:From what I heard at the game yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for Franco's Fascists next season.

but they've got no money these days, they'll have to wait until he goes there on a free (with a massive signing on fee for him to share with his lovely agent). Sell him in January to the highest bidder if he doesn't want to stay long term, don't wait for him to run down his contract. We've got Mahrez as cover and it will create room for Foden to get some starts.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:30 am

PeterParker wrote:

I think he got one of the best contracts at the club at the time. However, his contract hasn't been renegotiated since, while other players' have.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

why?!

Because he is still young and if he will continue the same, he will get several pay rises in his career. Dave and Sergio spit blue blood, Vinnie also, and they deserve to be the best paid players, above the rest of the squad.
And why KDB, because I think he is the best midfielder the EPL ever saw.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:33 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:From what I heard at the game yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for Franco's Fascists next season.

but they've got no money these days, they'll have to wait until he goes there on a free (with a massive signing on fee for him to share with his lovely agent). Sell him in January to the highest bidder if he doesn't want to stay long term, don't wait for him to run down his contract. We've got Mahrez as cover and it will create room for Foden to get some starts.

Easier said than done. From what I understand it's not really a money thing and if not there will be no stopping him ending up there.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:39 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Easier said than done. From what I understand it's not really a money thing and if not there will be no stopping him ending up there.

If it's not a money thing is it because Razza wants to play abroad?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:42 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Maybe he wants to play for RM, I dunno. (Hope I'm wrong by the way, and he stays with us.)
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:43 am

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:47 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Maybe he wants to play for RM, I dunno. (Hope I'm wrong by the way, and he stays with us.)

I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go abroad given how the media have treated him.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:48 am

johnny crossan wrote:Image

Not like the Mirror to pander to supporters fears.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:For me this has some deja vu all around it. Same happend at Scouse.

The thing is, if you don't have a solid option from Real or Barcelona, why would you want to leave the best team that ever played it the Premier League.

The money he has here are beyond good, if all of us put together all our salaries, we might manage to reach the cash he gets for one month. He is set for life.

Bollocks mate. He was playing for Brendan fuckin Rogers. Nothing about what happened at Liverpool is the same as what's happening now.

We don't know anything about what's going on in the background.

The Cnut needs to stay where he is , I have had so many battles and taken so much shift defending him
Over the last few years he owes me ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm

@ South Stand Balti

If you think our press give players a hard time , then Sterling is in for a fucking shock if he plays for RM or Barca !!!

Their press is the most brutal in the world and their fans the most unforgiven. PeP has made Sterling a much better player than he ever was......so he owes him IMO.
If the club sells him , Ill support their decision. No player , NONE , is bigger than our club.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:@ South Stand Balti

If you think our press give players a hard time , then Sterling is in for a fucking shock if he plays for RM or Barca !!!

Their press is the most brutal in the world and their fans the most unforgiven. PeP has made Sterling a much better player than he ever was......so he owes him IMO.
If the club sells him , Ill support their decision.No player , NONE , is bigger than our club.

100% this
and no room for sentimentality
the club is far more important than any individual
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Seems to me the club is in a good position player wise. We have Sane, Mahrez, Diaz, Foden, KDB who can all play out wide. He is not indispensable and the team doesn’t revolve around him. We don’t need to be held over a barrel by his agent. If he wants to stay and play for the PL champions and help cement our position as the best side there has been, then brilliant. Everyone connected to the club will be happy with that.

If he wants to play abroad then good luck to him. But don’t fuck us about. Either sign the deal, which I’m sure is a very handsome one, or let the club know so we can then sell him for a decent fee.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:Seems to me the club is in a good position player wise. We have Sane, Mahrez, Diaz, Foden, KDB who can all play out wide. He is not indispensable and the team doesn’t revolve around him. We don’t need to be held over a barrel by his agent. If he wants to stay and play for the PL champions and help cement our position as the best side there has been, then brilliant. Everyone connected to the club will be happy with that.

If he wants to play abroad then good luck to him. But don’t fuck us about. Either sign the deal, which I’m sure is a very handsome one, or let the club know so we can then sell him for a decent fee.

This
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Two things Sterling and his agent seriously need to consider .......
1, Don't piss our owners or club off .
2, Don't piss Pep off .

If he doesn't want to hang around to win trophies and make history in this incredible era of MCFC show the cunt the door for the right price . And if he doesn't want to hang around to win trophies and make history with THIS squad of players and manager he must be proper fucking stupid ! All in all the truth is somewhere between the club (MCFC) always stays silent on contract negotiations and our clubs and Sterlings "haters" in the press yet again going with a massively negative story .
Last edited by City64 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum