**** Hoffenheim v Man City **** official match thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **** Hoffenheim v Man City **** official match thread

Postby budfox » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 pm

2-2 a good result for us I think.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby aaron bond » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:56 am

I hope Pep goes back to our normal line up on Sunday, same as what we played against Brighton (with hopefully Delph at left back).

Last season he messed around with the line up for the Liverpool games (in the league at Anfield and the CL games) and it cost us.

I understand some rotation against Hoffenheim but not against Liverpool.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:00 am

Wow. Laporte just had his worst match of the season. He is not an option for us at left back unless we're in absolute dire straits, which we weren't today seeing as we had 2 better options on the bench.

Today was a good result against a quality opponent. I think if I could pick any active manager to replace Pep (if he left/retired) it'd be Nagelsmann; that guy is a great, great manager.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:And PS, don't want to be a cunt because this is about a City player, but we played our best game when Gundogan went out.

I bet his stats were great.

I bet they weren't, he was poor, along with the whole back four, Fernandinho from an attacking pov and Sterling. The only ones to have good games were Aguero, Sane and Silva who was levels above anyone else on the pitch, Bernardo was very good when he came on too.

Stones was decent when he came on too, moved the ball quickly and efficiently.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:56 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Wow. Laporte just had his worst match of the season. He is not an option for us at left back unless we're in absolute dire straits, which we weren't today seeing as we had 2 better options on the bench.

Absolutely dire and hopefully lesson learned. Zinchenko is at least an extremely good passer, which is where Laporte kept cocking it up (as well as playing everybody onside)

Kompany got binned for a few games after that lamentable performance at Wolves so maybe Laporte will get the same?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am

Overall I thought City were decent but far from great. Too many players way off their best like Laporte ( should never play left back) Gundo, Dinho and even Sterling 2nd half but you can't have everyone at their best all the time.

I found it interesting how Hoff played early on with a sort of freedom and willingness to attack but they realised being anything like open against City is asking for trouble so they reverted to getting everyone behind the ball plus no doubt in the knowledge that the ref was playing a blinder for them.

Given everything, and especially a corrupt ref, that was a hell of a win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Outcast » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:14 am

Is it just me or has Fern lost his awareness and reaction due to age, they've knicked the ball off his feet from behind numerous times this season, more brain farts like this at Klanfield and it's over.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:25 am

Outcast wrote:Is it just me or has Fern lost his awareness and reaction due to age, they've knicked the ball off his feet from behind numerous times this season, more brain farts like this at Klanfield and it's over.

I think this manager is one of those who has worked out to get his players to 'ambush' ours on the ball. Klopp is another, unfortunately.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:47 am

Outcast wrote:Is it just me or has Fern lost his awareness and reaction due to age, they've knicked the ball off his feet from behind numerous times this season, more brain farts like this at Klanfield and it's over.

fern's best years are behind him imo. he looked poor in the WC and has not been great for us.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 am

I have been worried about him since the summer. We tried and failed to bring in help. That was a big big mistake.
We have to rely on him now too much. Ideally he shouldn't have played last night. But there was no choice.
I would be shocked if a serious attempt wasn't made in January to bring in someone. Easier said than done though.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:25 pm

sheblue wrote:

I have been worried about him since the summer. We tried and failed to bring in help. That was a big big mistake.
We have to rely on him now too much. Ideally he shouldn't have played last night. But there was no choice.
I would be shocked if a serious attempt wasn't made in January to bring in someone. Easier said than done though.

He's actually been shocking since the start of the season , always gets caught in possession (Doesn't any cunt ever scream at him' MAN ON' !!!

The problem with Fern and Kompany is that their mistakes costs us goals and possibly games , it doesn't matter if they play most of the game well , it's those lapses that costs us big time.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:34 pm

I think Fern more than most of our players is missing KDB being in the team.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:42 pm

gillie wrote:

I think Fern more than most of our players is missing KDB being in the team.

Nearly as much as we miss you Gillie.
Welcome back Michael.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

fern's best years are behind him imo. he looked poor in the WC and has not been great for us.

This season. Hoping its just a blip
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum