Champions League UEFA Corruption

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:06 am

Pep does not do
walking ask Yaya. Pep will comment on the treatment of us by some refs when he leaves us
He will be due a book by then.
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6472
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 am

What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:22 am

"I was told that Pep Guardiola is really upset about the fact that City fans are not taking to the Champions League,” said Cheeseman during a discussion on City fans’ relationship with the Champions League.

“Not just the booing of the anthem, but the fact that the ground isn’t noisy.

He’s come from a background of Bayern Munich, Barcelona, where it feels like a Champions League game. It doesn’t feel like that at the Etihad.

“So he (Guardiola) – let’s assume that what I’m being told is correct – is really down about it.

“Some time, somewhere, he’s going to decide to move on and go somewhere else – could that process be speeded up by the fact that he’s at a club where the fans are disillusioned with the Champions League, which he loves and wants to win?”

- so basically it's not what Pep has said it's what Cheeseman thinks. Definitely Cheesies best idea to do this right before and important weekend...
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19263
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 am

Plus he's just signed a new contract so he can't feel too "down" about it :lol:
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19263
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.

Any chance you could quit being a supercilious minge and allow people to express their opinions about a hypothetical situation?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11047
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:56 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.

Any chance you could quit being a supercilious minge and allow people to express their opinions about a hypothetical situation?


I just can't understand why Cheesie (a lifelong blue) would think that it's a good idea to drop his opinion, which will be taken as Pep's opinion by some, right before an important match. Makes no sense.
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19263
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:19 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.

Any chance you could quit being a supercilious minge and allow people to express their opinions about a hypothetical situation?


Any chance you could fuck off being an oversensitive twat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:40 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:From the UEFA site today.
Wednesday 3 October 2018 14.16CETUEFA
Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Champions League group stage match between Manchester United FC and Valencia CF (0-0), played on 2 October in the England.

Charges against Manchester United FC
- Late team arrival - Art. 41 (2) of the Competition Regulations
- Late Kick-off - Art. 11 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)

Charges against Valencia CF
- Setting off of fireworks - Art. 16 (2) DR
- Kit infringement - Art 29 of the UEFA Kit Regulations
- Late Kick-off - Art. 11 (2) DR

The case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 18 October.

Why are charges being placed against Valencia for late kick off. Presumably they were in there dressing room on time.
I'd be shocked if they got fined as well.


I'm not sure about this, but I'd guess it's standard procedure that both clubs might have to be charged in order to determine who was to blame, if it isn't adequately documented in the referee's report. Alternatively, the referee might have claimed/implied in his report that Valencia somehow contributed to the lateness.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
User avatar
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9103
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:43 pm
Location: Sarajevo, BiH
Supporter of: Team Bridge

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.

Any chance you could quit being a supercilious minge and allow people to express their opinions about a hypothetical situation?


Any chance you could fuck off being an oversensitive twat.


So no then.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30232
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:43 am

Slim wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.

Any chance you could quit being a supercilious minge and allow people to express their opinions about a hypothetical situation?


Any chance you could fuck off being an oversensitive twat.


So no then.


Wanting to establish facts is being supercilious is it? Fuck sake.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:What exactly did Cheesy say? Did he speak to Guardiola directly? Any chance we could get some specifics before we pile in.

Any chance you could quit being a supercilious minge and allow people to express their opinions about a hypothetical situation?


Any chance you could fuck off being an oversensitive twat.


So no then.


Wanting to establish facts is being supercilious is it? Fuck sake.


A supercilious minge.
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30232
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:48 am

Oh dear, I've upset the clique.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:50 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Oh dear, I've upset the clique.


Why, what did you say to them?
Image
User avatar
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 30232
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 am
Location: Perth

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Oh dear, I've upset the clique.

Have you upset UEFA though ?
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:49 am

Mase wrote:"I was told that Pep Guardiola is really upset about the fact that City fans are not taking to the Champions League,” said Cheeseman during a discussion on City fans’ relationship with the Champions League.

“Not just the booing of the anthem, but the fact that the ground isn’t noisy.

He’s come from a background of Bayern Munich, Barcelona, where it feels like a Champions League game. It doesn’t feel like that at the Etihad.

“So he (Guardiola) – let’s assume that what I’m being told is correct – is really down about it.

“Some time, somewhere, he’s going to decide to move on and go somewhere else – could that process be speeded up by the fact that he’s at a club where the fans are disillusioned with the Champions League, which he loves and wants to win?”

- so basically it's not what Pep has said it's what Cheeseman thinks. Definitely Cheesies best idea to do this right before and important weekend...

Cheeseman is infantile.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7173
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mase wrote:"I was told that Pep Guardiola is really upset about the fact that City fans are not taking to the Champions League,” said Cheeseman during a discussion on City fans’ relationship with the Champions League.

“Not just the booing of the anthem, but the fact that the ground isn’t noisy.

He’s come from a background of Bayern Munich, Barcelona, where it feels like a Champions League game. It doesn’t feel like that at the Etihad.

“So he (Guardiola) – let’s assume that what I’m being told is correct – is really down about it.

“Some time, somewhere, he’s going to decide to move on and go somewhere else – could that process be speeded up by the fact that he’s at a club where the fans are disillusioned with the Champions League, which he loves and wants to win?”

- so basically it's not what Pep has said it's what Cheeseman thinks. Definitely Cheesies best idea to do this right before and important weekend...

Cheeseman is infantile.


I like him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21866
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:54 pm

IMO we are not going to get a better coach than Pep. We have to make the most of his stay at the club. Most City fans and Pep are frustrated at the club's treatment by UEFA. The question for me is how you try and find success despite their apparent corruption. I hope VAR will help next season, but this season we just have to get behind the team, like we did in the first half at home against Liverpool.
Plain Speaking
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 pm
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:IMO we are not going to get a better coach than Pep. We have to make the most of his stay at the club. Most City fans and Pep are frustrated at the club's treatment by UEFA. The question for me is how you try and find success despite their apparent corruption. I hope VAR will help next season, but this season we just have to get behind the team, like we did in the first half at home against Liverpool.

We always get behind the team on UCL nights pal , even all the tourists and day trippers try their best ! Its erm fucking UEFA we have a major problem with !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6730
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 pm

City64 wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:IMO we are not going to get a better coach than Pep. We have to make the most of his stay at the club. Most City fans and Pep are frustrated at the club's treatment by UEFA. The question for me is how you try and find success despite their apparent corruption. I hope VAR will help next season, but this season we just have to get behind the team, like we did in the first half at home against Liverpool.

We always get behind the team on UCL nights pal , even all the tourists and day trippers try their best ! Its erm fucking UEFA we have a major problem with !

Sorry mate, it can regularly be quiet for PL and CL matches at home. We generally have great support away. I know the tourists/day trippers dont help, (and for CL matches, I have frequently had away fans sitting near me).

It's not unusual for the away fans to be noisier than us, for large parts of the match. There have been a few matches like Hamburg, and Liverpool (first half), where the atmosphere is really rocking, it would be great to get that going more consistently. Hopefully when we get safe standing, that will help.

I can understand Pep's apparent frustration that Ian Cheeseman is reporting.

It's does feel like a circle with UEFA, I am not sure how we are going to break it? We feel badly treated and boo the anthem, they don't like the booing, they give decisions against us, we boo more... they get more determined we will not succeed etc.
Plain Speaking
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:54 pm
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Champions League UEFA Corruption

Postby Nick » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 am

The home Liverpool match second half was a joke.

Everyone giving up and some prick in front I nearly decked taking pics of Salah celebrating.

I won't go again but I can't do week matches across the board.

Showsec fuck the bit of atmosphere we had to sort that out pep before you have a go at us.

Cheaper beer (and better beer and servuce,) cheaper tickets (although can barely shift mine for free at short notice so that's a poor excuse and... Make most of the east stand tier 1 standing.. simples.
Nick
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluedj, CTID Hants, ian494, Majestic-12 [Bot], Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, Piccsnumberoneblue, rosbif cuisson 'bleu', ruralblue and 38 guests