Other UCL games this week.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other UCL games this week.

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 pm

bigblue wrote:owen and mcpointalot are harping on about how good liverpool are, even after losing without a shot on target. If the same result happened to City, they'd be laying into how much money we've spent, how our players are mercenaries who don't put in effort, and how Pep has been found out. A pair of smug cunts

And they’ve no concerns about the weekend game against us.
They won’t play like that.
Good.
I hope they’re comfortable and complacent.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 pm

bigblue wrote:owen and mcpointalot are harping on about how good liverpool are, even after losing without a shot on target. If the same result happened to City, they'd be laying into how much money we've spent, how our players are mercenaries who don't put in effort, and how Pep has been found out. A pair of smug cunts

Yep that's a joke. Constant excuses. Apparently they lost because Liverpool decided not to play thier normal game...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Hahaha you fucking racist scouse cunts. Fuck off.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Doesn't sell subscriptions mate. They both were smirking out of fear that the bubble has burst do early on, relying on that old Scouse magic that's called optomism; it's their day, it'll be their month, their year. You can't be smug when you look at the last few games and then look at the next to come. That was a very difficult game for them, Napoli ran rings 'round them in the second half which they had to put massive effort into to counter.

I've watched a few Dippers games of late, as we know that they are our main challengers, after all, the media keep telling us with the various adverts (note it's the Salah goal against is that's the main Sky advert). And what I've noticed is that they aren't going all out at the start, they are changing it up at various periods, saving their efforts for when Klopp feels it is better exerted. Tonight was a little different, when they tried to step it up they couldn't do it in unison which allowed Napoli to exert their own game on Liverpool.

Maybe all those early games and now hitting difficult teams has now taken its toll. Yes, I'm sure they'll have that extra burst this weekend as it's their cup final, their trophy for the year, but if I was a Dipper fan I wouldn't be looking smug, I'd be fucking worried because looking at tonight's game, their looks to be a chink in their armour.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:16 am

We got beat by Lyon and our world had ended and how we are shite and been found out.
Murdering scum get beat and they chose not to play and are not bothered about the lose all is good!

Can’t make the shit up that comes out of these pundits mouths.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:19 am

Isn't it true that Owen rarely/never sets foot in Sodom-on-the-Mersey any more , for fear he'll get a belting from their "fans" after the way he walked out on them for Madrid ? He's unfit to be a scouse pundit for that (t)reason, and for the fact that he's a smarmy little weasel and thick as horseshit. But that won't stop him doing it for the money, being the total mercenary that he is . . .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:32 am

RodneyRodney wrote:Isn't it true that Owen rarely/never sets foot in Sodom-on-the-Mersey any more , for fear he'll get a belting from their "fans" after the way he walked out on them for Madrid ? He's unfit to be a scouse pundit for that (t)reason, and for the fact that he's a smarmy little weasel and thick as horseshit. But that won't stop him doing it for the money, being the total mercenary that he is . . .

He's from Chester anyway. Not in the Steve MacMahon league of scally cunts. Bit posh
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 pm

mr_nool wrote:Sancho just got a great assist for BvB. The lad really made a good decision swapping City for Dortmund. It hurts me to say it, but he'd play about as much as Brahim of he were still here.

Now he's been called into the England squad for the UEFA Nations League matches.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:Sancho just got a great assist for BvB. The lad really made a good decision swapping City for Dortmund. It hurts me to say it, but he'd play about as much as Brahim of he were still here.

According to stuff on Twitter he's leading the Bundesliga in assists with 5 or so of them coming as a substitute. He is probably their 2nd best attacking midfielder right now behind only Reus.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:51 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Now he's been called into the England squad for the UEFA Nations League matches.

To challenge Rose and Shaw for that left wing back role?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Sancho made the right decision. Anyone know if we have a buy back on him?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:32 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:07 am

Mase wrote:Sancho made the right decision. Anyone know if we have a buy back on him?

When the deal was announced it was stated we have a buy back. Sancho has not started one league game this season.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:13 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Mase wrote:Sancho made the right decision. Anyone know if we have a buy back on him?

When the deal was announced it was stated we have a buy back. Sancho has not started one league game this season.

Not started a game but smashing the stats. Nice.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Utilising him wisely once the legs have gone of those in front of him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Good stats and he's doing well, but a long way to go. Being an impact sub is one thing, being a regular starter another altogether, just ask David Fairclough (since it is the dipper week).
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:16 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Good stats and he's doing well, but a long way to go. Being an impact sub is one thing, being a regular starter another altogether, just ask David Fairclough (since it is the dipper week).

I can only say 'Good luck to the lad', it's a dog-eat-dog business. Just hoping his agent hasn't sold him short for the quick fix, burning him out by the time he would've been shining with us.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Similar to Adama.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum