Mahrez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:16 am

Another Monday City Top, scum in meltdown drink it in. The rags in the media V José.. Happy days !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:40 am

I believe Pep made the call and told Mahrez to take it? Daft!

Apparently he was banging them in in training and the decision was based on that, pressure enough on that penalty without nominating the new guy to step up.

There again, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Spider Legs » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:52 am

Mahrez is not playing that badly! Yes he missed the pen yesterday when he should have banged it in, but he had a decent game, nearly bagged a great goal after his run through the middle, and has 3 goals so far this season, same as David and Bernado, but with less mins on the pitch. This is def a Yaya style witch hunt like his early days, what's going on, he s only been here a few weeks, he ain't that bad ffs!!! And .. Pep did make the call for him to take it.
Spider Legs
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Peter Denis Tueart Barnes

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:53 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I believe Pep made the call and told Mahrez to take it? Daft!

Apparently he was banging them in in training and the decision was based on that, pressure enough on that penalty without nominating the new guy to step up.

There again, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Our keeper strikes it well enough but hey lessons will be learned, pretty sure of that !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 am

mr_nool wrote:I thought Mahrez was alright in the second half, the penalty miss aside. It was obvious Pep had gone for ball retention and possession rather than pace - hence Mahrez over Sané.

He was much the better of our 3 starting forwards in the second half. They were all anonymous in the first half. As Pep told him to take the penalty I'm blaming him for that fuck up.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sniffer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:05 am

We need a squad, if Bernardo slowly and eventually takes Dave's roll Mahrez, Stirling and Sane will rotate wide rolls. No prob with that give him time. He came closer than most to scoring yesterday. OK the pen was shit but one bunus is he stepped up and will not hide away. The last thing you want is a forward afraid to take a shot.
sniffer
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby patrickblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:You pay big money to have big players to win you big games - Mahrez failed , and yes , it’s his bastard fault for missing , something he’s got history on and if he was a team player he shouldn’t have tried to grab the headlines by insisting on taking the fuxkign penalty .

Also PeP didn’t know his past history in missing penalty’s ffs !!! , so much for PeP analyses everything and everyone - Bullshit!
To think foden suffers on the bench to allow this fucker to play instead of him .

Annoyed as we were better than the dippers today and we didn’t take advantage .

Agree with that apart from the highlighted bit.
Pep told him he had to take it, so it's 100% down to Pep.

I especially agree with the last bit though, we were much the better side, and missed a golden opportunity to get another monkey off our back.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 am

patrickblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:You pay big money to have big players to win you big games - Mahrez failed , and yes , it’s his bastard fault for missing , something he’s got history on and if he was a team player he shouldn’t have tried to grab the headlines by insisting on taking the fuxkign penalty .

Also PeP didn’t know his past history in missing penalty’s ffs !!! , so much for PeP analyses everything and everyone - Bullshit!
To think foden suffers on the bench to allow this fucker to play instead of him .

Annoyed as we were better than the dippers today and we didn’t take advantage .

Agree with that apart from the highlighted bit.
Pep told him he had to take it, so it's 100% down to Pep.

I especially agree with the last bit though, we were much the better side, and missed a golden opportunity to get another monkey off our back.

I just feel Mahrez seeks personal glory over our other players —- it’s the vibe he sends out .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 am

He scores the penalty he is the best signing ever, he missed the penalty and he is the worst signing of all time! :lol:
He will come good and if there is anyone who can bring out the best of him its Pep.
Of course he needs time, were not Leicester, were way more complicated and he will learn.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 am

sheblue wrote:He scores the penalty he is the best signing ever, he missed the penalty and he is the worst signing of all time! :lol:
He will come good and if there is anyone who can bring out the best of him its Pep.
Of course he needs time, were not Leicester, were way more complicated and he will learn.

Pep couldn't bring out the best in players like Zlatan. What's with this arrogance we have that Pep is the Messiah?

How good was Nolito? What did Pep do with him apart from cut his loses?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:29 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:He scores the penalty he is the best signing ever, he missed the penalty and he is the worst signing of all time! :lol:

Pep couldn't bring out the best in players like Zlatan. What's with this arrogance we have that Pep is the Messiah?

Sorry mate, Nolito wasn't particularly good and he was a poor fit for our system. It felt like he was brought in as a stop gap solution until Sané would find his feet and him spitting his dummy wouldn't have helped.

Zlatan is a head case who needs the team built around him. I think Pep learned a lot from that and that's why he's adamant to sign players who fits the setup personality wise.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:42 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sorry mate, Nolito wasn't particularly good and he was a poor fit for our system. It felt like he was brought in as a stop gap solution until Sané would find his feet and him spitting his dummy wouldn't have helped.

Zlatan is a head case who needs the team built around him. I think Pep learned a lot from that and that's why he's adamant to sign players who fits the setup personality wise.

If Nolito wasn't good then why did Pep sign him? Proved my point for me, thanks mate.

Who is Mahrez a stop gap for?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:30 am

Wasn't Nolito homesick and wanted to go back to Spain. I thought.
Anyway look at players who are vastly improved under Pep. The vast majority. Most of them have even said it themselves. It's beyond question.
This suggests he will bring out the best from Mahrez too.

Anyway back to penos Mahrez missed, and Sergio has missed some as well, it happens. Even when Sergio steps up to take one now I am not 100% confidant of him burying it.
One thing about yaya he was class at them, Mario the mad bastard, was pretty good at them as well.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am

Ah , the next day blues.

It would have been nice for Mahrez to get the goal. We would still have to ride it out to the end of the game and who knows what might have happened differently from a spot kick off.

Still we are top of the league and moving on now to knock up points and put pressure on Chelsea, who i feel will be our real threat and not Scousepool.

It would have been fantastic, but it all happened too fast - just brilliant if Pep had said to Ed 'go on son' take the penalty. That would have really blown Klopp's brains out.

Now two weeks of boredom until it all starts again.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am

zuricity wrote:Ah , the next day blues.

It would have been nice for Mahrez to get the goal. We would still have to ride it out to the end of the game and who knows what might have happened differently from a spot kick off.

Still we are top of the league and moving on now to knock up points and put pressure on Chelsea, who i feel will be our real threat and not Scousepool.

It would have been fantastic, but it all happened too fast - just brilliant if Pep had said to Ed 'go on son' take the penalty. That would have really blown Klopp's brains out.

Now two weeks of boredom until it all starts again.

Imagine if Ed had taken and missed it, the fallout would've been off the charts.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:10 am

Mase wrote:Surely if this guy is amazing and class and POTY he doesn't need a season to "fit in" with the team?

Some player gave an interview last season (maybe Walker) and he said that at first Pep absolutely bombards you with information but when you have time to take it in, apply it in training over and over again, it eventually comes good in matches and it is then easy and second nature.

In Pep's first season, it took a long time for some of our established premier league players to get a handle on this game plan. Mahrez will be no different.

The more minutes he gets on the pitch, the better he will become
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
Mase wrote:Surely if this guy is amazing and class and POTY he doesn't need a season to "fit in" with the team?

Some player gave an interview last season (maybe Walker) and he said that at first Pep absolutely bombards you with information but when you have time to take it in, apply it in training over and over again, it eventually comes good in matches and it is then easy and second nature.

In Pep's first season, it took a long time for some of our established premier league players to get a handle on this game plan. Mahrez will be no different.

And then we’ll love him.
For now though, he’s a bit, meh!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mase wrote:

If Nolito wasn't good then why did Pep sign him? Proved my point for me, thanks mate.

Who is Mahrez a stop gap for?

He was signed as a stop gap for Sané. He might have turned good, but list his head here, so we will never know. Not sure how that proves your point (whatever it is – that Pep can't bring the best out of players or that he isn't infallible?).

Mahrez isn't a stop gap for anyone. He's started below par, but the last couple of performances have been promising, and I hope he will turn good and be an important member of this squad.

For the record, I don't think Pep is infallible, but he's a damn good manager, and he does seem to learn from the mistakes he makes (yesterday's controlled and cautious approach attests to that).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 am

I think Pep is infallible.
Didn’t he set the league alight last season.

Oh wait, that’s inflammable isn’t it.
Or just an arsonist.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:

And then we’ll love him.
For now though, he’s a bit, meh!

and the only way he will get to the level required is by playing games and learning from his mistakes.

From his time at Leicester, it's clear he has the qualities. Good touch, can beat players at speed, can score, good decision making, can take games by the scruff of the neck and get the team over the line.

I don't think pep expects any player to come in and hit the ground running but he will be by January
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum