Mahrez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mahrez

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I like him.

Mahrez, Pep, Jesus, Ferguson, or all of the above?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:55 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Can we stop this "it took balls for him to step up" bullshit. Jesus stepped up and got pushed away. It was arrogance.

Pep has explained it. Park it move on. Pity no cherry on the cake, but we are good and getting even better if that's possible. City are top of the league.

Need to park this piss taking we do on Sanchez then as well. It's embarrassing when our own £60 million signing is worse.

What a croc of shite !
Sanchez is a rag mercenary !!!

Was Mahrez that bad ???? Was he fuck !!!

Has Sanchez been any worse than Mahrez? You keep bringing today up. This is about Mahrez in the games he's played.

But today, yes Mahrez was poor. Kept giving the ball away and then went and missed the pen AFTER telling a kid that's been here longer than him he's not taking it.

I'll give you a chance though, which game has Mahrez looked like our record signing in?

So its Mahrez fault he has a £60 million price tag ??? Pogba has a £100 million price tag and he is shit every fucking week and has an ego destroying the football club that pays him .Mahrez has been at city a few weeks FFS !!! Bernado Silva struggled for a few months when signed so did Sane but yet you totally destroy Mahrez after a penalty miss ............... pathetic pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm

Bernardo. The one that was new to this league. Not the one that was POTY in the Premier League as people keep mentioning.

Wasnt his fault he was £60 million. He didn't buy himself. Pep bought him. He's allowed to have a bad buy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Mahrez is a class player. Similar start to Bernado but look at him now, If the documentary told the doubters and negative fans one thing it is we plan and Mahrez was part of the plan, give it time its October FFS.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Can we stop this "it took balls for him to step up" bullshit. Jesus stepped up and got pushed away. It was arrogance.

Pep has explained it. Park it move on. Pity no cherry on the cake, but we are good and getting even better if that's possible. City are top of the league.

Agree with Mase here.

If Pep is a perfectionist , why the fcuk is mahrez in the team?

Blew it , not letting a true striker take the penalty .Jesus !

You know better than Pep then ?
Holy shit !

Well.... yes

I agree on many occasions with what you say and write, but tonight , no way. Mahrez is simply not good enough and to think he should step up and take such a critcal penalty - Silva should have stopped him ! - is complete arrogance, he has not proven anything since coming to City and he should have stepped back . Christ ! he even wears his socks above his knees the soft bugger.

Merlin isn't great at pens pal . I will level with you ......... we didn't really have one proper penalty taker on the pitch when Aguero went off which in itself is quite disturbing and needs sorting !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Mahrez is a class player. Similar start to Bernado but look at him now, If the documentary told the doubters and negative fans one thing it is we plan and Mahrez was part of the plan, give it time its October FFS.

What class has he shown since being with us? If he's this class player, let me know which game he's played that's been class. He's an arrogant dickhead - taking ridiculous shots on, pushing a kid away from taking a penalty. I've given examples of him being arrogant. Throw me your class examples mate.

Bernardo was completely new to this league. He isn't a former POTY.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Mase wrote:Bernardo. The one that was new to this league. Not the one that was POTY in the Premier League as people keep mentioning.

Wasnt his fault he was £60 million. He didn't buy himself. Pep bought him. He's allowed to have a bad buy.

So its ok to be "new" to this league but not "new" to the Champions of England and fit in straight away hitting the ground running because people voted for you ??? your off your fucking cracker pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:08 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Mahrez is a class player. Similar start to Bernado but look at him now, If the documentary told the doubters and negative fans one thing it is we plan and Mahrez was part of the plan, give it time its October FFS.

What class has he shown since being with us? If he's this class player, let me know which game he's played that's been class. He's an arrogant dickhead - taking ridiculous shots on, pushing a kid away from taking a penalty. I've given examples of him being arrogant. Throw me your class examples mate.

Bernardo was completely new to this league. He isn't a former POTY.[/quote

Pushing a kid away, Pep has called it. Nothing to see. Give the lad a season not a couple of months. This is the champions never going to be easy and nor should it be. POTY what more evidence is needed. Try the clip of him rinsing Otter.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Sterling and this astronaut need to switch sides.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:12 pm

Surely if this guy is amazing and class and POTY he doesn't need a season to "fit in" with the team?

FFS has Pep never made a bad signing? So glad he's our manager and always makes absolutely class signings that are never shit.
Last edited by Mase on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:13 pm

City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Agree with Mase here.

If Pep is a perfectionist , why the fcuk is mahrez in the team?

Blew it , not letting a true striker take the penalty .Jesus !

You know better than Pep then ?
Holy shit !

Well.... yes

I agree on many occasions with what you say and write, but tonight , no way. Mahrez is simply not good enough and to think he should step up and take such a critcal penalty - Silva should have stopped him ! - is complete arrogance, he has not proven anything since coming to City and he should have stepped back . Christ ! he even wears his socks above his knees the soft bugger.

Merlin isn't great at pens pal . I will level with you ......... we didn't really have one proper penalty taker on the pitch when Aguero went off which in itself is quite disturbing and needs sorting !

i don't mean Merlin should take it, i mean Merlin should have taken the ball off Mahrez and handed it to Jesus, he would have nailed it - and really, pardon the pun.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spider Legs » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:27 pm

Yeah, what does Riyad Mahrez actually do? Sounds like a good title for thread. Obvs should get rid of him now!
Spider Legs
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Peter Denis Tueart Barnes

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Spider Legs wrote:Yeah, what does Riyad Mahrez actually do? Sounds like a good title for thread. Obvs should get rid of him now!

Offer Dortmund a straight swap for that Sancho lad that's tearing up the Bundesliga.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I’m annoyed because he actually created most of our openings and had a reasonably good game before giving us all the lasting memory of blowing our first win at anfield since I was a fucking teenager.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:46 pm

I don't have time to read 4 pages, but let's be honest he was always a questionable signing not so much in terms of pedigree but how he would fit in to the squad.

I, like quite a few had the jury out and then he started to impress but there were still questions about his selfishness and today with that penno has just reset himself to zero and me again questioning why we bought him!

He needs to start grovelling by playing out of his skin or fuck off simple as.

What he did for Leicester is totally irrelevant, he no longer plays for them.

I want to like him as he plays for my club, but.......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby JamieMCFC » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:53 pm

The City manager explained in his post match press conference at Anfield that although Jesus wanted to take the spot kick he instructed Mahrez should be the one to take it.

Leroy Sane won the penalty in the final few minutes of the game and with regular penalty taker Sergio Aguero on the bench having been substituted it was the Algerian who stepped up to take it.

Jesus had initially stepped up to take the kick, but, Guardiola pulled Benjamin Mendy over with a message that Mahrez had to take the penalty, which he then blazed over the bar.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... z-15251035
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Not having that it was the worse pen I've seen from a city player in years

Granted Jesus wouldn't have filled with that much more confidence but it should have been Dave , hell even ederson

Remember all the cup pens ? We would score every goal - kids, defenders, and Mahrez can't hit the target

Aside from that I thought he was a threat ( I thought better game than sterling)

We should have won, they will be much happier with a point from that ( we also should have had at least one more pen - blatant foul on aguero but he gets up cos he's blue AND expects not to get it)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:03 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:Bernardo. The one that was new to this league. Not the one that was POTY in the Premier League as people keep mentioning.

So its ok to be "new" to this league but not "new" to the Champions of England and fit in straight away hitting the ground running because people voted for you ??? your off your fucking cracker pal !

Thing is, Mahrez may well come good. But Bernardo, in his first season and not in great form, wouldn't have selfishly taken that penalty. And that's the difference. Mahrez wasn't for one second thinking of the team, he just wanted to stamp his authority and prove himself for selfish reasons. He'd already missed 3 of his last 5 penalties, he's a bottle job prick. Fuck him, should have left him well alone as soon as he went on strike at Leicester, that showed his character
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 pm

You pay big money to have big players to win you big games - Mahrez failed , and yes , it’s his bastard fault for missing , something he’s got history on and if he was a team player he shouldn’t have tried to grab the headlines by insisting on taking the fuxkign penalty .

Also PeP didn’t know his past history in missing penalty’s ffs !!! , so much for PeP analyses everything and everyone - Bullshit!
To think foden suffers on the bench to allow this fucker to play instead of him .

Annoyed as we were better than the dippers today and we didn’t take advantage .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:07 am

"It won’t affect me at all. Everyone misses penalties, even big, big players."

Fantastic.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision