***Official Match Thread | City v Burnley***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread | City v Burnley***

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Glad that Sane got his goal. That will help keep him engaged in the coming matches.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 pm

3 minutes added time when their player was injured and down for about 6 minutes!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Slim wrote:Poor joe.

He'll probably be laughing about it with his best mate Shrek tonight.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby budfox » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Let's hope there are no unseemly incidents after the game.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Leroy losing your head a bit mate. Chill son.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm

9 games played, 26 goals scored, 3 against, a goal difference of 23, and top of the league with 23 points.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:55 pm

Can't ask for any more than that. Excellent stuff.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:58 pm

This seems rather relevant

I don't want to steal CM's thunder but as i do, was taking a peak on their forum and this one made me chuckle.....

Head says 4-0
Hart says 5-0
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PrezIke » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:00 pm

gmercer1 wrote:3 minutes added time when their player was injured and down for about 6 minutes!

Yeah, but Pep would probably be happy to have this one over faster.

It is now.

Not Joe's fault. We're just mint.

3 top class finishes and a clean sheet.

Some big away games coming up.

Great to see KDB get back and already looking like he's on his game. Foden some time as well, and getting Mahrez confidence level up and fans to back him even better for us.

Got Serg and Silva off early which also was only good for us. Oh yeah, and any worries about Nations League causing problems with meaning top European Internationals playing more games (i.e. Sterling), didn't hurt us as Raz got a full rest and is sure to start away against Shakthar.

We're getting into gear, I suspect, and the rest better be on their games or the gap will widen.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Has Dyche told the world how they were right in it until Silva stole it when the ball went out?

And how the fuck didn't the ref give that on Sane, he even had the whistle ready, that's why all the Burnley players stopped.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Are the Dippers still joint top with their anticipated win at Huddersfield?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Are the Dippers still joint top with their anticipated win at Huddersfield?

They've already won the competition, they're just holding off printing the teeshirts 'til their gyros arrive.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Thought foden was quietly brilliant. he’s gonna be some player if he continues to develop.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Are the Dippers still joint top with their anticipated win at Huddersfield?

They've already won the competition, they're just holding off printing the teeshirts 'til their gyros arrive.

Good to hear the rest of us are playing for the 'Also-Rans' spot. Better get the Blue candles ready ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm starting to hate fucking ginger minge boring Dyche, banging on about the controversial second goal and Sane along Kompany should have received red cards. The same prick tells us this is a physical league then moans when it doesntvsuit him?? As if those cogs deserved anything out of this game, I don't think the contoversial second goal would have made a difference to the inevitable outcome.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:19 pm

Outcast wrote:I'm starting to hate fucking ginger minge boring Dyche, banging on about the controversial second goal and Sane along Kompany should have received red cards. The same prick tells us this is a physical league then moans when it doesntvsuit him?? As if those cogs deserved anything out of this game, I don't think the contoversial second goal would have made a difference to the inevitable outcome.

It's the usual losing manager speak. I let it go in one ear and out the other. Dont give it the time of day. When he calms down he'll know neither was a red.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:21 pm

Dyche said: "Kompany is out of control and he does not know where the man is, or the ball. It is just a throw of the leg and it is high - Aaron has got a cut with two stitches in it, high in his thigh.

"It is not vicious or anything but there is no control in the challenge and we are told that is a big thing in challenges like that, so in the modern game that is a red card."

While Dyche felt his players were at fault for switching off for City's second goal, he was adamant it should not have stood, with Hart also saying the assistant referee apologised to him later.

Dyche said: "Sane goes down with the tiniest of touches and the referee is going to blow his whistle, but then decides not to and waves it away.

"In the meantime a player who is off the pitch has walked back on the pitch to go and get the ball that is off the pitch to deliver a cross that they then score from. If that is not confusing for everyone in the stadium, it is certainly confusing for me.

"I thought it at the time, and I have seen it back since. With the best view that we can get of it, the ball is out of play, so you can forget about everything else."

Dyche also felt Sane should have been sent off late on for a challenge on Matt Lowton.

"With Sane right at the end, it has got to be a red card," Dyche added. "He kicked Matt for no reason at all, just smashing him around his legs. It has got to be a red card, as simple as that."

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Dyche said: "Kompany is out of control and he does not know where the man is, or the ball. It is just a throw of the leg and it is high - Aaron has got a cut with two stitches in it, high in his thigh.

"It is not vicious or anything but there is no control in the challenge and we are told that is a big thing in challenges like that, so in the modern game that is a red card."

While Dyche felt his players were at fault for switching off for City's second goal, he was adamant it should not have stood, with Hart also saying the assistant referee apologised to him later.

Dyche said: "Sane goes down with the tiniest of touches and the referee is going to blow his whistle, but then decides not to and waves it away.

"In the meantime a player who is off the pitch has walked back on the pitch to go and get the ball that is off the pitch to deliver a cross that they then score from. If that is not confusing for everyone in the stadium, it is certainly confusing for me.

"I thought it at the time, and I have seen it back since. With the best view that we can get of it, the ball is out of play, so you can forget about everything else."

Dyche also felt Sane should have been sent off late on for a challenge on Matt Lowton.

"With Sane right at the end, it has got to be a red card," Dyche added. "He kicked Matt for no reason at all, just smashing him around his legs. It has got to be a red card, as simple as that."

Did Dyche had any comment on the fact his parents are siblings?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:59 pm

We are now 35 PL games unbeaten in Saturday 3pm kick offs. Unsurprisingly, a record.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Does that thick fucker think he lost the game 1-0.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum