***Official Match Thread | City v Burnley***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread | City v Burnley***

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:45 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Whether it should have been a red card for Kompany tackle or not is not the big issue for me. Seen them given and he was nowhere near the ball so had it have been given a red card we couldn’t really complain too much. Would have been a bit harsh but that’s football.

No, the bigger concern for me is that these aren’t one off challenges that Kompany makes. He often gets caught out of position and makes last ditch challenges, which as he gets older he isn’t timing them as well. This will happen again in the not too distant future and against better opposition or a less lenient referee, it will cost us.

I’ve said it for months now , Vinnie should never ever ever play unless we have numerous injuries .He was fucking terrible and what really drove me over the edge was when he fucking had a shit fucking pass to KDB who had to stretch to recieve it and nearly got injured in the process due to their player being ontop of him !!!!!

He gets on my bastard nerves and if PeP cannot see that he is a fucking liability then god help us !!!

The likes of Stoke and West Brom might have gone but Vinny is made to measure for the remaining thuggish teams such as the Rags, Everton, Burnley, Huddersfield, Palace, Cardiff, Watford, Leicester etc etc. He's always had a rash lunge in his game but they are less frequent these days and more than compensated for by his power and leadership qualities. Lennon was very quiet after the first minute yesterday I noticed :lol:

Problem being , he will be red carded against those teams and if we go down to 10 men...like we nearly did in the first fuckign minute , would that 5 nil have happened ?

I stick to my main point , cannot cannot play for us unless we are fucked with injuries.

Probably not, would only have been about 4 nil.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:41 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Whether it should have been a red card for Kompany tackle or not is not the big issue for me. Seen them given and he was nowhere near the ball so had it have been given a red card we couldn’t really complain too much. Would have been a bit harsh but that’s football.

No, the bigger concern for me is that these aren’t one off challenges that Kompany makes. He often gets caught out of position and makes last ditch challenges, which as he gets older he isn’t timing them as well. This will happen again in the not too distant future and against better opposition or a less lenient referee, it will cost us.

I’ve said it for months now , Vinnie should never ever ever play unless we have numerous injuries .He was fucking terrible and what really drove me over the edge was when he fucking had a shit fucking pass to KDB who had to stretch to recieve it and nearly got injured in the process due to their player being ontop of him !!!!!

He gets on my bastard nerves and if PeP cannot see that he is a fucking liability then god help us !!!

Isn't it a bit harsh blaming Komps for that challenge...It was a crap ball from the left over to him, from Laporte, I think it was, that forced him into the challenge, a challenge he had to make, otherwise Lennon would have been away.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:46 am

Elvistheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Isn't it a bit harsh blaming Komps for that challenge...It was a crap ball from the left over to him, from Laporte, I think it was, that forced him into the challenge, a challenge he had to make, otherwise Lennon would have been away.

he’s always loved a lunge has our vinnie but 5 years ago he had sufficient pace to get himself out of that one on saturday. i agree with carl that he’s not up to the standard we require anymore and is a liability.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:01 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

he’s always loved a lunge has our vinnie but 5 years ago he had sufficient pace to get himself out of that one on saturday. i agree with carl that he’s not up to the standard we require anymore and is a liability.

Do you honestly think he's a liability, and not up to the standard anymore? Really?

The point I'm making, Is that the challenge he made, was down to a shit pass from Laporte......I don't see anyone blaming Laporte.

Other than that, I thought he had a decent game. I certainly don't think he is out of his depth when playing against the likes of Burnley, and he is definitely not someone I think.....shit, Vinnie is playing....when I see the team sheet. On the contrary, I think Vinnie possesses a leadership quality that the other defenders don't have, and that is certainly something we require in certain games of the season. I don't think he's lost too much pace, look at the league cup last season against Arsenal, when Aubameyang had 2 yards on him but he still managed to get there ahead of him.

Pep wouldn't play him if he wasn't up to the necessary standard. Pep isn't the sort to play him out of sentiment...look at Joe Hart. Vinnie still has plenty to offer...don't you worry about that.
Elvistheblue

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:20 am

Spot on Elvis, Vinnie is not the imperious force he once was but he's nowhere close to being a liability either.

Also agree about that pass from Laporte, a hospital ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Spot on Elvis, Vinnie is not the imperious force he once was but he's nowhere close to being a liability either.

for arron lennon!
if it was a one off, i'd give vinnie the benefit of the doubt but we see those kind of rash challenges (because he's not as quick as he once was) quite often these days. or am i imaging them?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:28 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Spot on Elvis, Vinnie is not the imperious force he once was but he's nowhere close to being a liability either.

for arron lennon!
if it was a one off, i'd give vinnie the benefit of the doubt but we see those kind of rash challenges (because he's not as quick as he once was) quite often these days. or am i imaging them?!

You're imagining them :roll:
Elvistheblue

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:32 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

for arron lennon!

For both.

The lunges you referred to that he's been guilty of in the past tend to be as a result of poor judgement, the shit pass from Laporte gave Vinnie no choice but to try to play the ball with a raised foot otherwise Lennon is gone by him with the ball.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

for arron lennon!

For both.

The lunges you referred to that he's been guilty of in the past tend to be as a result of poor judgement, the shit pass from Laporte gave Vinnie no choice but to try to play the ball with a raised foot otherwise Lennon is gone by him with the ball.

How about the fuckign shit pass to KDB that could have got him injured when KDB had to stretch for it? it was short as were so many of his balls yesterday and its not acceptable.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

for arron lennon!

For both.

How about the fuckign shit pass to KDB that could have got him injured when KDB had to stretch for it? it was short as were so many of his balls yesterday and its not acceptable.

Yep, poor ball, that doesn't negate the fact that Laporte's was though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:14 pm

The Wolves game made it quite clear Vincent is not really at it anymore. Shame and all that but he must be regarded as cover from now on. 'Inspirational' cover? I think he can deal with that.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:32 pm

john@staustell wrote:The Wolves game made it quite clear Vincent is not really at it anymore. Shame and all that but he must be regarded as cover from now on. 'Inspirational' cover? I think he can deal with that.

but not as a starter in the winning games against Burnley, Hoffenheim, Huddersfield, Oxford this season - added to the 250+ other appearances and 29 goals for us - including against the rags in April and before that ...You 'Vinny's past it' boys crack me up.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

for arron lennon!

For both.

I'm sure every player on that pitch put in a shit pass somewhere during the game, picking one of Vinnies out isn't going to change my mind on him. I'm sure we can forgive the odd shit pass here and there.

As for the Wolves game, had we converted one of numerous chances we had that day, we would have won comfortably. As for their goal, I'm not sure even Vinnie could have stopped them punching one into the back of our net.
Elvistheblue

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

for arron lennon!

For both.

I'm sure every player on that pitch put in a shit pass somewhere during the game, picking one of Vinnies out isn't going to change my mind on him. I'm sure we can forgive the odd shit pass here and there.

As for the Wolves game, had we converted one of numerous chances we had that day, we would have won comfortably. As for their goal, I'm not sure even Vinnie could have stopped them punching one into the back of our net.

No mate. He was poor and out of touch. The main thing, as pointed out by someone above, is his passing. Laboured at best but just not fitting in with the rest. Sorry if that's not obvious.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Vinnys trade mark throughout his career is he has always been a tad rash and prone to a lunge . He sees things and anticipates things very very quickly only class players can do that . For people to say he is shit after the career he has had with us is mind blowing ! Sort of sums this site up at the moment though a bewildering mess !
Vinny is an unbelievable class player world class ! Age isn’t on his side anymore but what a leader he has been for us fucking superb !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:27 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:I'm sure every player on that pitch put in a shit pass somewhere during the game, picking one of Vinnies out isn't going to change my mind on him. I'm sure we can forgive the odd shit pass here and there.

No mate. He was poor and out of touch. The main thing, as pointed out by someone above, is his passing. Laboured at best but just not fitting in with the rest. Sorry if that's not obvious.
Why are you sorry it's not obvious that your jaundiced view of Vinny's passing ability is correct? Better to just put 'fact' at the end of your contribution (or provide some evidence).
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 pm

I'm confused though, is it his passing ability, or lack of pace that's the issue...asking for a friend.

His decision making.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:00 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Apology accepted....cos it's not obvious. I'm in good Kompany though (See what I did there), as it's not obvious to Pep either.

I'm confused though, is it his passing ability, or lack of pace that's the issue...asking for a friend.
Elvistheblue

Postby Elvistheblue » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:I'm confused though, is it his passing ability, or lack of pace that's the issue...asking for a friend.

His decision making.

Vinnies or other's on this thread?
Elvistheblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:I'm confused though, is it his passing ability, or lack of pace that's the issue...asking for a friend.

His decision making.

Vinnies or other's on this thread?

Joking aside.
I only saw the highlights so can't judge how Vinny played.
I would however say I would regard the decision to go for the ball as he did, knowing it could be a red or at least a yellow that would put him on notice for the whole game, a bit rash, in the first minute of the game.
In years gone by when Vinny had a bit more pace and mobility he would have bet on himself to try to keep the guy away from goal. he would have stood him up.

If the worst had come of it and we went a goal down in the first minute, we would still have won that game.
Go a man down in the first minute and it becomes a whole different ball game.

So regardless of who's fault the pass was, I'd put the tackle down to an error of judgement.

I still love Vinny though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum