Worst memories as a city fan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Worst memories as a city fan

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:57 am

A few have been complaining that this place has slowed down a bit and it seems to have coincided with us being really fucking brilliant. So let’s see if we can lure some of them back with some good old fashioned negativity.

I’ll go first with two of mine. First coming in from a big night out at 4am and realizing city were on at 5. I was steaming and made a lot of coffee and stayed awake only to see Blackburn batter us 3-0 and ruin my buzz. This was about 2006-7 ish

Second off top of my head was under Hughes (hmmm think he was the architect of the first too) and that 3-3??? Draw at home to Burnley. My mate Mark who used to post here was over at the time and we were again pretty pissed and when they equalized he cobbed his phone against the fence and broke it, we had the outside lights on trying to find the pieces when the cops turned up for the noise complaint since it was again about 4 in the morning and we’d screamed at the fucking tv.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: Worst memories as a city fan

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:05 am

When we spent two windows chasing Mahrez only for him to be absolutely shite.

Also when we sold Kolarov. Still devastated now.
Last edited by Mase on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am

My worst memory was also one of my best.

Half time against Blackburn where we had to win to get promoted back to the prem. I remember crying at half time cause I thought we weren't going to do it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:11 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:A few have been complaining that this place has slowed down a bit and it seems to have coincided with us being really fucking brilliant. So let’s see if we can lure some of them back with some good old fashioned negativity.

I’ll go first with two of mine. First coming in from a big night out at 4am and realizing city were on at 5. I was steaming and made a lot of coffee and stayed awake only to see Blackburn batter us 3-0 and ruin my buzz. This was about 2006-7 ish

Second off top of my head was under Hughes (hmmm think he was the architect of the first too) and that 3-3??? Draw at home to Burnley. My mate Mark who used to post here was over at the time and we were again pretty pissed and when they equalized he cobbed his phone against the fence and broke it, we had the outside lights on trying to find the pieces when the cops turned up for the noise complaint since it was again about 4 in the morning and we’d screamed at the fucking tv.

No offence a 3-3 ! Fuck me, Try popping over to Edgeley Park with more city fans than the scrags and getting tanked a cherry on the cake Tony Dinning sailing 1 over the head of the donut in net from 40 yards, with every blue in the railway end knowing full well thats in !, Barnsley away and being smashed with the twats singing Just like watching Brazil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Vale away a must win and we find a way to lose 1-2 to a team that had 1 shot, Forward with Franny Lee, only it was backwards and toxic. Some of the trips were crazy but the football was OMG we are pants !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:28 am

Losing the derby 3-2 having been 2 nil up, Keane scoring the winner for them.

Lomas holding the ball to waste time.

The Steve Coppel saga.

The second half of the 06/07 season, tested me more than any of the relegations did.

Dunne og v West Brom after we battered them.

Danny Mills, Steve McPointalot, Nigel Clough.

That little ponce Owen scoring the winner in the 4-3.

Selling Shaun Wright-Phillips.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:28 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:A few have been complaining that this place has slowed down a bit and it seems to have coincided with us being really fucking brilliant. So let’s see if we can lure some of them back with some good old fashioned negativity.

No offence a 3-3 ! Fuck me, Try popping over to Edgeley Park with more city fans than the scrags and getting tanked a cherry on the cake Tony Dinning sailing 1 over the head of the donut in net from 40 yards, with every blue in the railway end knowing full well thats in !, Barnsley away and being smashed with the twats singing Just like watching Brazil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port Vale away a must win and we find a way to lose 1-2 to a team that had 1 shot, Forward with Franny Lee, only it was backwards and toxic. Some of the trips were crazy but the football was OMG we are pants !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

That’s the spirit :)
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:31 am

0-5 on the Stratford End was pretty bad.5-2 win at Stoke and still going down.
First time I ever saw us get relegated is truly the shortest though. Luton Town 0-1. We were always a good team before that, so it never crossed my mind we could go down.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That little ponce Owen scoring the winner in the 4-3.

This for me. We've suffered many more lows, but I don't think any have hit with such immediacy. I was in a foul mood for days afterwards.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:21 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That little ponce Owen scoring the winner in the 4-3.

This for me. We've suffered many more lows, but I don't think any have hit with such immediacy. I was in a foul mood for days afterwards.

I know what you mean, but to be honest, I was just angry about the inevitability of it, it was so blatantly fixed.
Derby wise, my biggest downer was Nasri deflecting that last minute free kick in, it really fucked me off.
But for me, the spuds home match for fourth was the one that really got me down, I've never been so depressed about football before or since.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:04 am

Far too much stuff gone on and so many proper shit experience,s to even start to mention some of them on here , spent fucking fortunes watching that shite aswell but wouldn’t swap it for anything , all the totally shit experience,s all the cuts and bruises runs in with dickhead West Midlands / Yorkshire police , mocking from rags , it has all been worth it big time . I will just leave this one here as it sorts of sums up city in the past up without the aggro ....... away trip to shitty Barnsley , got train from Manchester only for it to get stopped somewhere remote in the middle of the Pennines because there was a dead fucking cow on the track . Eventually we got to shithole Barnsley 20 minutes late for the game , city were winning 2-1 but Barnsley equalised in the 8th minute of added on time . What a fucking shit journey home that was !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

That’s the spirit :)
:mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen: :lol:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Paul68 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:34 am

1981 replay
:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And I STILL hate the fucking mummies boys today....
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:15 pm

Too many to mention. In the 80,s when I was based in Aldershot I used to go to all the away matches from the midlands down around London - I would not be exaggerating if I said we had a fight more often than not with opposing fans and I also had to make sure never to get caught by the police as I was in the army and would have been given time before being booted out.

Worse time in the ''physical sense ''was when I got seperated from my mates at west ham and the police would not let me back in the city crowd on the way back to the train station....I got fuckign battered by west ham supporters and the Pigs did nothing.Head looked like Nigels tackle..battered.

Worst mental time, too many to mention , but it has to be when we went down to the 3rd division and I think we battered stoke on the last day and all the city fans were singing even though we knew we were down...I cried all day and called my whole family bastards.(Apart from me mam, she was City through and through)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:49 pm

After a Derby at Maine Road, walking back through Platt Fields, we lost BTW, being chased by a some red bastards ! and to my shame leaving a mate who had to jump in the lake and swim to the Island to escape a proper shoeing.

As the years go bye there was millions of em ......... in reality 2 v 100. Anyway my fila top survived and Kev got a free bath. He maintains I was out of order, i stick with I will see you later.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:44 pm

It may not actually be the utter worst, but this sticks in my memory:

Away game at Birmingham in 1981, travelled down on the train. I decided to walk to the ground and it poured down halfway there. I arrived wet and got wetter in the open standing area. We lost 3-0. I got wetter still walking back to New Street, no seats on the train and I had to stand at the end of the carriage all the way back to Manchester, next to my tutor from University, trying to convince him that despite appearances I was making a success of life post-Uni.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:09 pm

Being 2-0 down to Gillingham in the play off final, followed by one of the best
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ruralblue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Walking back down from Barnsley in the late eighties after losing, I was just a kid. Hot into the car park only to be surrounded by dozens of Barnsley fans out for a dust up. My two older pals asked them to leave us be with me being a kid but they wanted a scrap no matter what. Am not a fighter so shat myself. Tony got me safely in the car and popped the boot ready for Steve to grab his baseball bat and take a good dozen straight down. Horrible sight.

Many other memories of shit times during the years prior to takeover but the one of them that tops the lot. That feeling prior to Dzeko getting his noggin on the ball prior to Agueroooooo!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Halifax in fa cup, chesterfield in league cup and when I got to work, we always had a meeting b4 work and my manager who was a chesterfield fan had me stood up and took piss shrewsbury in fa cup my own town Doncaster in league cup put my mobile off after that and when I put it back on I had 15 voice mail and 50 txt and many more, BUT IT IS GOOD NOW
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:35 pm

In general, the 06/07 season was a total nightmare but losing pitifully to 10 men Blackburn in the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup was the angriest I have ever got as a City fan.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:39 pm

2 down against Gillingham at Wembley with minutes to go. I thought I was going to be sick. Hundreds of City fans had left the ground. Then Kevin Horlock scored.
That and getting beaten 2-1 I think at Maine Road by Boro in a cup game and my mate gobbing off at some Boro fans and getting us into a scrap.
Last edited by The Maine Man on Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum