Worst memories as a city fan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Worst memories as a city fan

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Start of last season when I realised the Balti was off the menu. We have improved in so many ways but the pie situation is undermining it all.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Start of last season when I realised the Balti was off the menu. We have improved in so many ways but the pie situation is undermining it all.

Beer is always flat as fuck as well and cost £500
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Stuart Pearce as manager.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Stuart Pearce as manager.

The most famous ball boy to ever retrieve for us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby budfox » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:20 pm

All of these fights sound horrible but I am a complete wuss.

Ricky Fucking Villa is my answer.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:31 pm

My worst moment that sticks out, was when we didn't even play!!
We then stuffy bastards won the European cup after getting battered for 80 mins by Bayern, and them winning the treble I couldnt sleep that night.
Also last season 2 up and winning the league if we beat the swamp Donkeys.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:51 pm

dick dastardley wrote:My worst moment that sticks out, was when we didn't even play!!
We then stuffy bastards won the European cup after getting battered for 80 mins by Bayern, and them winning the treble I couldnt sleep that night.
Also last season 2 up and winning the league if we beat the swamp Donkeys.

Exactly.

Am still pissed off we didn’t win the PL that day. I know that given last seasons record breaking play is hardly cause for concern and all’s well that ends well and all that. But it fucking still rankles badly.

The semi v Madrid is another. Just didn’t fully commit and we so easily could’ve won the fucking thing.

But when we were shit, there are loads. But that’s the thing. Because we were shit we didn’t expect anything other than to be fucked over. It was a bonus when we weren’t almost! But again, 2-0 up at home through 2 Quinn goals to lose 3-2. The year after the 5-1, 3-1 up v the rags for Brian fucking fat cunt Mcclair to get two near the end to nick a draw. Little Mickey even the dippers hate him Owen with that flukey goal about five minutes after the final whistle should have gone to lose 4-3. Fucking spuds in 81. And 93.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Reading on the Teletex that we relegated in 2001. That was my first and only relegation as a City fan and felt really bad, because, funny enough, I was thinking at the start of the season we were going to fight for the title, as Forest did when they promoted with Cloughie.

Another really bad memory was in april, when we failed to win the league vs the rags. It might sound spoiled and stupid, thinking at what season we had last year, but I really felt bad, bad, after that game, almost at the point of crying.
The lose hurt a lot and, for me, took a lot of the spark of what we did last season. I was a moment when felt that no one in the dressing room gaved a flying fuck about us, the fans.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:43 pm

i didn’t really give a shit about results when i first started going to city. it was more about the experience. we’d drive up on a friday night and stay with my grandpa in heald green, game day was always 3pm on a saturday afternoon, mindya car mista on one of the side streets, buy a programme and mark the team out when it was selected, attempt to copy my dad and have a bovril and never finish it, watch the game and very little idea of what was happening on the pitch, the kippax (still standing) was fascinating, we’d normally lose, walk back to car with all the crowds (my dad would always say ‘will it be there?” i was always nervous it wouldn’t be, get back in the car and get final score on, back to grandpa’s and have tea, reread of the programme, go to bed and then wake up in the morning pester my dad to go again.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:31 pm

Relegations, there's been a few. And having to listen to gloating rags.
They are my worst memories. Long may they stay in the past.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:39 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:i didn’t really give a shit about results when i first started going to city. it was more about the experience. we’d drive up on a friday night and stay with my grandpa in heald green, game day was always 3pm on a saturday afternoon, mindya car mista on one of the side streets, buy a programme and mark the team out when it was selected, attempt to copy my dad and have a bovril and never finish it, watch the game and very little idea of what was happening on the pitch, the kippax (still standing) was fascinating, we’d normally lose, walk back to car with all the crowds (my dad would always say ‘will it be there?” i was always nervous it wouldn’t be, get back in the car and get final score on, back to grandpa’s and have tea, reread of the programme, go to bed and then wake up in the morning pester my dad to go again.

What an annoying cunt...Id have spanked you and sent you to the fuckign naughty step.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby dazby » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 pm

City v QPR. Between 85-90 minutes. The realisation that we'd fucked up winning the league and thinking of all the shit I was going to cop. Tears there were.

It's what made the win so fucking awesome.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:That little ponce Owen scoring the winner in the 4-3.

This for me. We've suffered many more lows, but I don't think any have hit with such immediacy. I was in a foul mood for days afterwards.

After equalizing in the 89 - 90th minute as well. Horrible. Those cunts made a habit of coming back against us.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 am

From what I've seen live it must be that Nasri duck when van penis scored the winner in injury time in the home derby. I think the tide turned that game and that that game basically won United the league. It's perhaps a bit melodramatic since it was a pre-Christmas game, but that's really how it felt to me back then.

I was also in the stands this spring when we lost the 2-3 to the scum. It was very disappointing and I was very deflated afterwards, but it didn't feel as monumentally shit as it perhaps should've. We all knew it was just a matter of time before we would win the league anyway and in hindsight we did end up breaking all those records and becoming centurions.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:57 am

dazby wrote:City v QPR. Between 85-90 minutes. The realisation that we'd fucked up winning the league and thinking of all e shit I was going to cop. Tears there were.

I forgot about this. That was the most excruciatingly depressing 25-30 mins watching us. Followed by the biggest high of my life.

Nonetheless, Stuart Pearce.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:14 pm

sheblue wrote:Relegations, there's been a few. And having to listen to gloating rags.
They are my worst memories. Long may they stay in the past.

Yeah and the hope when we go up against them, only to be dashed by the likes of Alan Wilkie. Or the classic comedy moment of Summerbee walking the ball into Nigel Clough. Bounces free for Giggs, who advances forward. Keith Curle points with his right arm right toward the top corner. Giggs smashes it right in the top corner. past Immel who was unable to see more than 20 yards. Awful, awful.

I think at that time we got very resigned to it, the Buster Phillips miss, the later comedy central own goal by Jamie Pollock.

The disallowed Kevin Reeves goal when Alf Gray did us out of the league cup. The Dave Watson OG that ultimately meant we lost the league to Liverpool by one point.

I can go on forever and it's why I have absolutely no problem being clearly the best team in England if not Europe. At least for a year or two.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Worst match feeling I had was the 90s 3-2 loss at home to the rags (93?) 2-0 up at HT and to lose it the way we did, I was gutted for well over a week.

All the obvious relegations are fresh as ever but the typical city gallows humour got me through it.

Happy as a pig in muck these days
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Fullartj » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:45 pm

I have to agree with the Gillingham match was probably the lowest point that I ever felt as a City fan. I thought fuck me another year in Division 2, how did it come to this. I was outside my mates house with my head in my hands. I remember someone shouting out that Horlock had scored and I was saying fuck it's too late.

Obviously we all know what happened after that! To be honest I don't think that low point will ever be topped for a lot of City fans.
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Oh fuck me where do you start with such a thread.
I'll kick off with the day I got a brand new full city kit for my birthday, 9th to be clear. As a joke, a fucking joke I said " I don't want to support city anymore, I want to follow united" my dad and his two mates with with my mum watching g decided that I wasn't funny at all so tied me to the church fence and cover me in flower and eggs. That kind of sums up following city the rough that period of my life, no matter how much you love the club and want it to win you just new you were going to get it thrown back in your face.
Then there's was the Middlesbrough game, the Gilling game that fuckin derby where we where winning and giggs smashed it in the top corner right in front front of us to snatch the win. It wasn't even an important game results wise, it was more the manner of the loss as usual. Time after time we got fucked over, dragged into the shit, mad to look so bloody stupid or simply the moments of Andy fucking dibble.
God this could turn into some kind of therapy lol
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:22 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
dazby wrote:City v QPR. Between 85-90 minutes. The realisation that we'd fucked up winning the league and thinking of all e shit I was going to cop. Tears there were.

I forgot about this. That was the most excruciatingly depressing 25-30 mins watching us. Followed by the biggest high of my life.

Nonetheless, Stuart Pearce.

yer wussies, i never had a doubt , i gave my ticket to a young city fan and said go ahead and enjoy .

I was the only City fan left in the pub we meet in Zürich and the rag fans were baying for blood until that sergio moment and it was high fives all around - ( i mean Roman numeral fives V of course ).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum