Lawro & DC Predictions v Spuds (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Spuds (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:30 am

This week's guest is singer and knobhead Richard Ashcroft. The former Verve frontman is a Manchester United fan who has followed them since he was "about four or five years old".

Richard Ashcroft, says his favourite current Manchester United player is Marcus Rashford
"My United heroes are the people like George Best, Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs who have the club within their DNA and spirit," Ashcroft explained to BBC Sport.

There's tons more of his rag bollox but I will spare you

Lawro Says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45941891

Manchester City beat Tottenham easily at Wembley at the end of last season and, with its wide open spaces, I think it is a stadium that suits them.

I cannot see any reason why City won't do something similar this time - especially now Kevin de Bruyne is back from injury.

City boss Pep Guardiola said his side's performance in their midweek win over Shakhtar Donetsk was the best he had seen since he has been at the club, so it would appear they are in decent form too.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Richard's prediction: We know City are rolling, we know they have got a great manager and we know they have got a great team, but Tottenham are due a wake-up - they have got a couple of players who are not hitting the form of last season, but this could be the day. 1-1

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... vs-arsenal

This should be a cracker! Tottenham are getting results without playing well - I thought they rode their luck against West Ham. There's a few in that squad who aren't playing to their full ability at the moment. However, look where they are in the league - they will only get better.

I think the pitch could become an issue. Modern players are not used to playing on a dodgy pitch? We were more accustom to it back in the day - I once played at the Baseball Ground and there was not one blade of grass on the pitch.

It just may suit Manchester City that little better as they have a bit more pace in their team and will not be fully reliant on pass, pass, pass.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-3 ()

So a bad pitch suits us better as we are not reliant on pass pass pass, WTAF is he on about the dogturd
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Spuds (A)

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:47 am

"followed them" aka never been a match in his life. Cunt.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum