mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby mr_nool » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:28 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
dazby wrote:
Mase wrote:Pep still never makes a mistake I see. So happy we have him.

No goals conceded last night mate. Thankfully Spurs have a problem with their finishing.

They had one decent chance and missed because of the state of the pitch.

They also had the Kane one-on-one in the first period. That he lost control of the ball can probably also be blamed on the pitch.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:38 am

mr_nool wrote:
dazby wrote:

No goals conceded last night mate. Thankfully Spurs have a problem with their finishing.

They also had the Kane one-on-one in the first period. That he lost control of the ball can probably also be blamed on the pitch.

I thought he controlled it to the best of his ability. I give credit to Ederson for that save/block.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:06 am

mr_nool wrote:
dazby wrote:

I thought he controlled it to the best of his ability. I give credit to Ederson for that save/block.

It's hard to tell whether that was the pitch or Kane's club foot, he tried controlling a high ball late in the game last night and no City player bothered challenging him, they just waited for the second ball which he duly delivered as his attempt to trap the ball ended up 10 yards away to the feet of a City player.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:10 am

He needs to control hot headed reactions like when Lamela pushed him late on, and he swung out behind him, without looking with flailing arms. If he had connected, it would have been a straight red card and a likely 5 match suspension.

It was only good luck Lamela wasn't in range. Mendy didn't have a clue where Lamela was.

He will be targeted when opposition players and managers see how he can easily over react.

We probably need another decent left back, like Alex Sandro, if Pep isn't sure about Delph.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 am

Plain Speaking wrote:He needs to control hot headed reactions like when Lamela pushed him late on, and he swung out behind him, without looking with flailing arms. If he had connected, it would have been a straight red card and a likely 5 match suspension.

It was only good luck Lamela wasn't in range. Mendy didn't have a clue where Lamela was.

He will be targeted when opposition players and managers see how he can easily over react.

We probably need another decent left back, like Alex Sandro, if Pep isn't sure about Delph.

Pushed him or punced him?

Agree his needs to control it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:sell him ASAP and take the loss

Fuck off.

Class.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:08 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:an absolute joke of a defender

Those who admonish others about their construction of thread titles should be careful with their own.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:32 pm

He was all over the place last night and had a shocker. But wanting him sold is nuts.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:39 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:He needs to control hot headed reactions like when Lamela pushed him late on, and he swung out behind him, without looking with flailing arms. If he had connected, it would have been a straight red card and a likely 5 match suspension.

I think a major problem with Delph is his fitness - he is barely ever available these days.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Drinking a bit of that Carl tonic, eh?

Lol

I’m surprised you’d go that far. His performance was terrible but he provides so much else. His decision making was way off on both ends so seemed odd like he was out of sorts mentally. Not sure what was going on, even his crossing and attacking 3rd play was more off and suffered under pressing.

He did have one good header I must say and had some good touches in the middle of the pitch. On the wing was very different story.

I think Pep can sort him out as it’s
Too soon for this talk to me. One howler does not make a player, usually, and it didn’t cost us. He need a real run of games, we shall see.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Lol

I’m surprised you’d go that far. His performance was terrible but he provides so much else. His decision making was way off on both ends so seemed odd like he was out of sorts mentally. Not sure what was going on, even his crossing and attacking 3rd play was more off and suffered under pressing.

He did have one good header I must say and had some good touches in the middle of the pitch. On the wing was very different story.

Too soon for this talk to me. One howler does not make a player, usually, and it didn’t cost us. He need a real run of games, we shall see.

Some reckon he was confused by the NFL lines but I think he was just outmuscled by Sissoko - which is worrying.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Lol

Some reckon he was confused by the NFL lines but I think he was just outmuscled by Sissoko - which is worrying.

Sissiko is not a weak man, so I can see how that could happen. Seemed Mendy also was far less focused.

I wonder if he just took the wrong attitude for the intensity needed in this game and was too nonchalant and overconfident. Not sure what that was about, but I'd have to write the performance off, but make sure you don't do that crap again, unless we see this regularly. Yes, I know he has made errors before, but this was a comedy of them.

Thinking Zinch gets the start against Fulham, whose defence is so poor that I could see us winning 10-4.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Lol

Sissiko is not a weak man, so I can see how that could happen. Seemed Mendy also was far less focused.

I wonder if he just took the wrong attitude for the intensity needed in this game and was too nonchalant and overconfident. Not sure what that was about, but I'd have to write the performance off, but make sure you don't do that crap again, unless we see this regularly. Yes, I know he has made errors before, but this was a comedy of them.

Thinking Zinch gets the start against Fulham, whose defence is so poor that I could see us winning 10-4.

10 - 4?
We have conceded very few goals this season can't see us shipping 4, even with otamendi playing.
As for scoring 10. By some people's calculations we would have to create 100 chances for that to happen...
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:52 pm

zinchenko has looked very good when (the few times) we've seen him this season. could not have done any worse than mendy last night. not sure why pep doesnt rate him.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:zinchenko has looked very good when (the few times) we've seen him this season. could not have done any worse than mendy last night. not sure why pep doesnt rate him.
being better than Mendy was last night is not a reason to rate him as a left back. ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 pm

sheblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Lol

10 - 4?
We have conceded very few goals this season can't see us shipping 4, even with otamendi playing.
As for scoring 10. By some people's calculations we would have to create 100 chances for that to happen...

You're right. More like 10-1 or 10-0. I wrote in another post about how great our defence is right now, so makes a lot more sense. Only thoughts why is that no Stones nor Laporte nor Fernandinho could change things.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:03 pm

He's left the French squad. He has a sprained knee and meniscal injury.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:He's left the French squad. He has a sprained knee and meniscal injury.

Hes made of putty.

Anyway , not a big loss imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:He's left the French squad. He has a sprained knee and meniscal injury.

Very bad news - is it his ACL knee? Balotelli was out for months with a meniscus tear and claimed he was never the same after it.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Has it been confirmed as a tear?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site