British Bias Corporation

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

British Bias Corporation

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:41 am

Our national broadcaster deserves its own thread on this subject.

You'd think they had enough Rags and Dippers on their payroll already. Seems they can't get too many.

BBC Sport joins with Man Utd and Liverpool FC to launch search for talent
Simon Austin

BBC Sport, MUTV, LFC TV, Stream AMG and ADI have joined together to launch a new networking group aimed at matching production freelancers with new employment opportunities.

The Sport North Network will launch with its first event on January 24th in Salford. It will be an opportunity for media and broadcast professionals, from across a range of disciplines, to learn more about the many freelance roles available within Sports Production in the North.

Anita Walsh, Head of Production Talent at BBC Sport, said: “The North West has become a real hub for sports broadcast and production. We want that growth to continue, which is why we’re bringing the region’s biggest producers of sports content together with the vast freelancer talent from the area.

“It’s often a challenge for us, and the other organisations involved in this venture, to find the talent we need quickly and easily.

“We very much hope that the Sport North Network will help us tap into the broad range of production skills we have on our doorstep, whilst helping freelancers find roles in sports broadcast more easily.”

The inaugural networking event will be an informal opportunity for freelancers, experienced in the production roles listed below, to meet the media companies involved and discuss new opportunities in sports media.

Roles required are:

Producers
Production Coordinators (Including Gallery & OB)
Directors
Journalists
Craft & Technical (Including VT Editors and Broadcast Engineers)
Researchers
Floor Managers
Assistant Producers
Make-up Artists
While open to anybody with experience in the roles, the event can only be attended by prior arrangement. Those wishing to attend should register by submitting some simple pre-qualifying information at http://www.sportnorthnetwork.co.uk.

Successful applicants will then be invited to the event, where they will meet recruiters from BBC Sport, MUTV, LFC TV, Stream AMG and ADI.

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/br ... rch-talent
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: British Bias Corporation

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Just listening to Ratboy trying to mark Fern's card for future games in the disguise of compliments. Contrasting his 'nice personality' with his 'dark fouling arts'.
They know he is currently irreplaceable and will go to any lengths. Before the game he was smearing Stones and Laporte as a weakness.

It was going n all game mate and Hinchy had very much a say on it. Disappointing really but when he's been given an editorial then he's got to tow the line to put food on the table.

Here's the BBC's very own simian snake Keown - following up on Ratboy's rant on Sky - see the next instalment of their campaign to get him banned on MOTD
"Smiling assassin: For all of their flair, Manchester City have a master of the dark arts in Fernandinho
Fernandinho is crucial to Manchester City as he is their master of the dark arts
His reactions after committing fouls is an effort to escape a card from referees
He was the dirtiest player on the pitch during City's 1-0 win over Tottenham

By MARTIN KEOWN FOR THE DAILY MAIL

Manchester City may be majestic to watch but in Fernandinho they have a player who is helping them become masters of the dark arts.

The midfielder is their smiling assassin. He was the dirtiest player on the pitch at Wembley during City’s win over Tottenham and has been responsible for one fifth of all the free-kicks his side have conceded in the Premier League this season.

Fernandinho is Manchester City's master of the dark arts which is helping them in big games

But watch what he does after sending an opponent tumbling to the floor. With a big smile on his face, he picks them up and dusts them down. It is a conscious attempt to convince the referee not to show him a yellow card....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... dinho.html
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Just listening to Ratboy trying to mark Fern's card for future games in the disguise of compliments. Contrasting his 'nice personality' with his 'dark fouling arts'.
They know he is currently irreplaceable and will go to any lengths. Before the game he was smearing Stones and Laporte as a weakness.

It was going n all game mate and Hinchy had very much a say on it. Disappointing really but when he's been given an editorial then he's got to tow the line to put food on the table.

Here's the BBC's very own simian snake Keown - following up on Ratboy's rant on Sky - see the next instalment of their campaign to get him banned on MOTD
"Smiling assassin: For all of their flair, Manchester City have a master of the dark arts in Fernandinho
Fernandinho is crucial to Manchester City as he is their master of the dark arts
His reactions after committing fouls is an effort to escape a card from referees

Manchester City may be majestic to watch but in Fernandinho they have a player who is helping them become masters of the dark arts.

The midfielder is their smiling assassin. He was the dirtiest player on the pitch at Wembley during City’s win over Tottenham and has been responsible for one fifth of all the free-kicks his side have conceded in the Premier League this season.

Fernandinho is Manchester City's master of the dark arts which is helping them in big games

But watch what he does after sending an opponent tumbling to the floor. With a big smile on his face, he picks them up and dusts them down. It is a conscious attempt to convince the referee not to show him a yellow card....

The dirtiest player on the pitch? Sissoko or Lamela for me, none of Fernandinho's challenges were violent and/or reckless, that's what constitutes dirty in my book, now back to Lamela and Sissoko..
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Outcast » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm in two minds about this article, I personally dont think he's digging us out, I feel its a compliment, he's highlighting we dont have a soft belly, for all our flair we have steel about us too. Anyway thats my personal view.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:04 pm

He 'has been responsible for one fifth of all the free-kicks his side have conceded in the Premier League this season' - well that's because he is the DM and only one of the front six with regular defensive duties (front 7 if you count Bendy).
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:34 pm

Bunch of Biased Cunts?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Outcast wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm in two minds about this article, I personally dont think he's digging us out, I feel its a compliment, he's highlighting we dont have a soft belly, for all our flair we have steel about us too. Anyway that's my personal view.

Mine is he's reminding Pigmol that they are not doing their job.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dimples » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm in two minds about this article, I personally dont think he's digging us out, I feel its a compliment, he's highlighting we dont have a soft belly, for all our flair we have steel about us too. Anyway that's my personal view.

Mine is he's reminding Pigmol that they are not doing their job.

He is going to be busy writing is Martin - just ensuring he keeps a fair balance.
Being published shortly are Martin's views on the importance of:

Bog Brush
Mane
Deli Ali
Dembele
Xhaka
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:50 am

Cyrano Stone last night -
"BBC Sport at the Etihad Stadium
If anything unexpected happens tonight, City manager Pep Guardiola has quite a bit of experience to call on.
His bench contains six full internationals, who cost the club a combined total of £270m.
Not a bad back up plan"

Gomes is now a full international according to this pustule.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dipstick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:44 pm

For the record: Top 5 number of fouls committed by players from the "Manchester" clubs:

Paul Pogba 19
Fernandinho 16
Luke Shaw 13
Ashley Young 11
Fred 10

And guess who has the most playing time this season.
"People say I'm egocentric, but enough about them." Lily Allen
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchster CIty
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby bigblue » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:56 pm

Dipstick wrote:For the record: Top 5 number of fouls committed by players from the "Manchester" clubs:

Paul Pogba 19
Fernandinho 16
Luke Shaw 13
Ashley Young 11
Fred 10

Fred?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dipstick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 pm

bigblue wrote:
Dipstick wrote:For the record: Top 5 number of fouls committed by players from the "Manchester" clubs:

Paul Pogba 19
Fernandinho 16
Luke Shaw 13
Ashley Young 11
Fred 10

Fred?

Minutes per foul:
Fred 10 in 428 = 43
Paul Pogba 19 in 873 = 46
Ashley Young 11 in 540 = 49
Fernandinho 16 in 884 = 55
Luke Shaw 13 in 810 = 62
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:52 am

From those stats it is also hard to pick out how many of those fouls really were fouls or refs just being useless/biased.

Fern is a great tackler , winning the ball many, many times. i think 'Tackles won and lost' would be better stats. Fouls , quite often , are in the eye of the beholder. to use a Keegan mixed metaphor.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Dipstick wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Paul Pogba 19
Fernandinho 16
Luke Shaw 13
Ashley Young 11
Fred 10

Fred?

Minutes per foul:
Fred 10 in 428 = 43
Luke Shaw 13 in 810 = 62

But how many cards?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dipstick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dipstick wrote:Minutes per foul:
Fred 10 in 428 = 43
Luke Shaw 13 in 810 = 62

But how many cards?

Fernie has 2 yellow (no City player has more than 2). City total 13Y 0R
Shaw 4, Young 3, Fred 1, Pogba 1. Total 23Y 2R (Matic and Rashford)
Dipstick
De Jong's Tackle

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 pm

The BBC2 PL show tonight had Andy Cole picking the best 3 goals ever - 2 were Rags including one of his :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 pm

Dipstick wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dipstick wrote:Minutes per foul:
Fred 10 in 428 = 43
Luke Shaw 13 in 810 = 62

But how many cards?

Fernie has 2 yellow (no City player has more than 2). City total 13Y 0R
Shaw 4, Young 3, Fred 1, Pogba 1. Total 23Y 2R (Matic and Rashford)

Cheers mate, they're very interesting stats. Young and Shaw get more because they're chopping players down at pace breaking up the quick attacks whereas Pogba gets away with many just because he's the Rags Golden Child plus, he's a soft cunt (no Vieira) who doesn't want to get hurt and pulls out of most challenges.

All-in-one it seems that the Rags are a far dirtier side than us yet it Maureen and RatBoy who shout loudest about our cynical play.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:36 pm

johnny crossan wrote:The BBC2 PL show tonight had Andy Cole picking the best 3 goals ever - 2 were Rags including one of his :lol: :lol:

He was on the Debate last night. Lasted 2 minutes and then 'Off'. Not a chance I'm listening to the crap he's paid to spout for them.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:The BBC2 PL show tonight had Andy Cole picking the best 3 goals ever - 2 were Rags including one of his :lol: :lol:

He was on the Debate last night. Lasted 2 minutes and then 'Off'. Not a chance I'm listening to the crap he's paid to spout for them.

Is he still pretending that his kid didn't make it at City because he's English?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Is he still pretending that his kid didn't make it at City because he's English?

Sums him up completely.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum