Time to go cottaging...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Time to go cottaging...

Postby CuteMancs » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:50 am

I like Fulham, and I hope they get a manager who can rescue them in the New Year. I guess they will come and play tomorrow night, which gives me a lot of confidence, no matter what Pep does with the team. The draw is tonight, so both sides will know their fate before kick-off. I would like Burton Albion, but I fully expect us to get spuds – if we get through

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: MARTIN ATKINSON
Assistant Referees: Stephen Child and Lee Betts
Fourth Official: Paul Tierney

Team Selection

Rico
Odoi(TFM) Mawson MLM Sess
Seri Zambo Cairney
Schuerrle Mitro Vietto

And the rest…

We need to pressure City and every player must run their hearts out. Not expecting a result but we need a performance from the players. We're not suited to sitting off teams.

Joka need to take some risk by at least having some youngsters from our under-23 in the bench…The seniors have mostly used up their chances already, for now at least.

V Citeh I want EITHER a team that is entirely defensive in approach OR a team that has no chance of playing against Huddersfield while the potential Huddersfield team practices defensive drills back at Motspur…The ONLY important thing about the Citeh game is that it gives opportunity to practice defence.
City game totally unimportant…lay u23 team. Huddersfield team should be preparing back at MP.

Play our strongest team for once, win lose or draw give them chance to play with one on other

No point leaving the first team at MP, they clearly don’t do anything or learn anything when they are there. Better off getting a full 90 minutes at City. They need to get back on the horse…What do you think Fulham FC is, a flaming holiday camp.

I would pick the team that is going to play against Huddersfield and just pray that the players start to build some understanding and partnerships. (And pray we don't get a thumping)

5-0 or 1-0 it doesn't matter, we seem to learn nothing from defeat no matter if it's a mauling from the champions or an embarrassing slump to another promoted team…We're beyond praying for understanding and partnerships, we need to demand it and expect it by now.

What I want is a back four who keep their shape not chase around following the ball like a team of under 11s do. This applies to the midfield as well some structure and along with that a bit of width rather than trying to pass the ball through a small area packed with a dozen players…The sad thing is that I decided to buy a ticket for the match so will be actually watching it.

Although I would always prefer us to pick our strongest team. Even an extreme optimist like myself can't see us getting a result against City. Playing our strongest side might risk injury to some individuals and I wouldn't want us to be missing key players for the Huddersfield match. I would prefer us to use a similar eleven to that which was used against Millwall with the possibility of players like Mawson who need game time at the moment to be given a start
Problem is it's highly likely we will lose to City. Do we want to damage the teams morale even more before Huddersfield? I'd play a 11 of subs and say publicly we're concentrating on the league.

City game is pointless, it will be like a friendly, but like that one last year where we got spanked 8-0 by Chelsea. Give all the summer signings a run-out, rest Mitro and Cairney

Its a tough call. We are all sick of Slav Bingo. He needs to pick a team structure based on his best available players, stick to it and play the players in those positions. No-one out of position, no fliers like Kamara as right midfield. However, there is probably a view that says completely forget Citeh, play the kids and StefJo and use the week we have with the right team to get ready for Hudderesfield. The issue is I suppose do we use Citeh as a training game or does it have a negative impact on an already shaky squad morale?

Play a weaken team against Man City and risk getting completely thrashed (even more pressure on the boss and the team) or a play a strong team and risk playing with tired players against Huddersfield next Monday, which we have to win or at least a draw. What do we do?! Personally I’d like a 2-0 bearing by Man City with a weakened team and play a strong and fit team against Huddersfield! But sadly anything but our best team will probably mean a big thrashing by the Man City’s second team!! What do we do?

Can't we just forfeit the game on Thursday?

A 7 or 8 nil won’t be a very good reading! I like the idea we forfeit the game!

Talk of forfeiting a game, what planet are you on... seriously??? Maybe Wigan should have forfeited the Fa Cup final or when they knocked City out of the cup last season. City are playing Spurs tonight and playing again on Sunday, they have Champs Lge crunch games coming up so they will not be anything like full strength (although there reserves are still decent) but talk of forfeiting or taking a 2-0 defeat is pathetic.

Sad to say it, time for a new Manager tho I am a admirer of yours Slavisa, but your time is up with Sadness

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Time to go cottaging...

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:28 pm

They were serenaded as the Man City of the Championship last season.....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:01 pm

Oh dear, not much optimism there. I hope they are right.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Cheers CM.

They are where we were under Pearce. Eternal optimism and expecting a drubbing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun