Lawro & DC Predictions v Southampton (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Southampton (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 am

Both Lawro and Merson are going for goals and clean sheets this week. You can tell the guest is a Ciity fan, he thinks Southampton will score :D :D

This week's Lawros guests are Matt Kean and Matt Nicholls, bassist and drummer in rock band Bring Me The Horizon. Bring Me The Horizon bassist Matt Kean is a Manchester City fan and drummer Matt Nicholls supports Rotherham. No interview about their allegiances, i think thats left to paragraphs of text if they are a rag or dipper fan!!

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46046671

Southampton cannot buy a goal at the moment - they have only managed six from their first 10 league games.

So, their chances of getting anything out of this game will rely on their defence, and whether they can hold out at Etihad Stadium.

Saints kept a clean sheet against Newcastle and Bournemouth in their past two games, but stopping City's attack is something else entirely. I cannot see it happening.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

BMTH's prediction: 4-1

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ter-united

What score do you want? Seriously.

I'm going to go 4-0. This could be any score. Southampton haven't scored since I was 11, I don't think. I've watched Manchester City play second gear against a good Tottenham team and win 1-0 away, with a fair few chances too.

I saw them playing second gear against Burnley and beat them 5-0.

PAUL PREDICTS: 4-0

I think Merson might believe we have a good chance against Southampton :mrgreen:
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Southampton (H)

Postby john@staustell » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 am

I think Paul is right. Funny old world.

Still when Mark Hughes gets fired from this one as well I'm sure all his friends in the pundit-world will rally together in outrage once again.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:44 am

john@staustell wrote:I think Paul is right. Funny old world.

Still when Mark Hughes gets fired from this one as well I'm sure all his friends in the pundit-world will rally together in outrage once again.

Please let us hammer them and for that rag bastard to be given his P45
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:22 pm

I think Lawro is probably right, too good for Southampton (fingers crossed), then ease up in view of the next two games.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum