*** Official Match Thread | City v Southampton***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread | City v Southampton***

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:12 pm

So I take it we played well then. Can't argue with 6-1 and Mahrez nowhere near the pitch. Up the blues!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:maybe we’ve been saving the double figures for next weekend? i fucking hope so. imagine putting 10 (ten) past them...

I am convinced we will get ten in a game sooner or later. Might as well be against the rags :lol: :lol:

today and huddersfield should have been 10...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:41 pm

Boring boring City!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:as a fan, i want my team to perform to their abilities. i don’t think that the finishing / chance conversion is up to the rest of our play. we are capable of scoring double figures. do you not want to see that???

I'm more than happy with the amazing football and 5 goals I've seen today. You're starting to sounds like a spoiled rag

a classic line from a super fan who thinks he’s better than everyone else.... fuck off!
who said i’m not loving the football? it’s amazing but it would be even more amazing if we could finish as well as we can create. we need to be ruthless if we are going to win the champions league and at the moment we are blowing too many chances - we won’t have 15/20 if we play juve...

top of the league with 29 points, +29 GD. Not only defending the title, but on pace to break last season's records. We're 3rd in the league with shots/goals ratio. But that doesn't really matter since we are taking 25% more shots than the team with the 2nd most shots in the league. Made this just for you nige:

I'd be worried if we weren't creating chances and our play was static (like the past 1/2 seasons under Mancini/Pellers). But we're playing the best football I've ever seen, and almost all of our players are hitting top form. 6-1 win at home, top of the league, averaging 20 shots and 3 goals per game. So cheer up, because football doesn't get much better than this for a supporter.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:59 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:as a fan, i want my team to perform to their abilities. i don’t think that the finishing / chance conversion is up to the rest of our play. we are capable of scoring double figures. do you not want to see that???

I'm more than happy with the amazing football and 5 goals I've seen today. You're starting to sounds like a spoiled rag

a classic line from a super fan who thinks he’s better than everyone else.... fuck off!
who said i’m not loving the football? it’s amazing but it would be even more amazing if we could finish as well as we can create. we need to be ruthless if we are going to win the champions league and at the moment we are blowing too many chances - we won’t have 15/20 if we play juve...

We all say you’re not loving the football based on al the fucking moaning you do every single day. Seriously I cannot remember anyone more miserable on here even when we were proper shit.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:12 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:

We all say you’re not loving the football based on al the fucking moaning you do every single day. Seriously I cannot remember anyone more miserable on here even when we were proper shit.

I loved it when we were shit...I used to compile a whole fuckign list of where we were going wrong.The slaggings people got....them were them days.

Im loving our football now, of course I am..but it was more fun on SM when we were fuckign RANK.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:I just have to mention again that I got Raheem as my Fantasy captain this week.

Me too mate.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:59 pm

I think we are the greatest team this country has ever seen, we would batter any team Fergie had. If we keep this up the rest will crack.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:we are giving up a lot of chances. pep wont like it.

doesn’t matter
the average brigade will be over joyed that we’re 5-1 up

average brigade = not clinically depressed, miserable old cunts

i don’t think pep is clinically depressed or miserable, do you?

As the manager, it's his job to keep the team at a high level. As a fan, you're supposed to enjoy your team playing brilliant football and winning by 5 games at home.

As brilliant as we were going forward we were easy to cut through at times. We had 8 shots on target and they had 6. I think Pep, a perfectionist, was pretty pissed off with the number of chances they carved out.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:09 pm

RE Post above

PePs a negative cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:15 pm

Nothing with our conversion today, 6 goals from 18 shots.

As per the table above we're steadily creeping back up to last season's levels.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby budfox » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Hazy2 wrote:I think we are the greatest team this country has ever seen, we would batter any team Fergie had. If we keep this up the rest will crack.

Agreed. This is without question.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:18 pm

Pep knows we could unleash hell on a team, I think even he is getting very excited, I also think Raheem is going some way to ease the Kun issue down the line. Plus no KDB again Scary thought.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:30 pm

bigblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
bigblue wrote:

top of the league with 29 points, +29 GD. Not only defending the title, but on pace to break last season's records. We're 3rd in the league with shots/goals ratio. But that doesn't really matter since we are taking 25% more shots than the team with the 2nd most shots in the league. Made this just for you nige:

I'd be worried if we weren't creating chances and our play was static (like the past 1/2 seasons under Mancini/Pellers). But we're playing the best football I've ever seen, and almost all of our players are hitting top form. 6-1 win at home, top of the league, averaging 20 shots and 3 goals per game. So cheer up, because football doesn't get much better than this for a supporter.

You should spend more time watching City than the dross that is written on this web site.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:23 pm

Anyone else who went to the game today notice Pep look up in disbelief when the mass exodous of all the early leavers started at around 83 minutes ? Was a fucking embarrassment seeing those wankers leave en mass when the team was playing beautiful football and pushing for more goals absolutely no excuse for it on a sunday afternoon 3pm ko and the roads quiet as fuck ......... FUCKING EMBARRASSING !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:58 pm

City64 wrote:Anyone else who went to the game today notice Pep look up in disbelief when the mass exodous of all the early leavers started at around 83 minutes ? Was a fucking embarrassment seeing those wankers leave en mass when the team was playing beautiful football and pushing for more goals absolutely no excuse for it on a sunday afternoon 3pm ko and the roads quiet as fuck ......... FUCKING EMBARRASSING !!!

I saw him lose it with the 4th official over the state of the one sided bullshit display. I enjoyed Sane’s goal though even if most missed it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else who went to the game today notice Pep look up in disbelief when the mass exodous of all the early leavers started at around 83 minutes ? Was a fucking embarrassment seeing those wankers leave en mass when the team was playing beautiful football and pushing for more goals absolutely no excuse for it on a sunday afternoon 3pm ko and the roads quiet as fuck ......... FUCKING EMBARRASSING !!!

I saw him lose it with the 4th official over the state of the one sided bullshit display. I enjoyed Sane’s goal though even if most missed it.

He gave the early leavers the proper stare like only he can pal. Ref Lee Mason is probably the most inconsistent ref in the PL , he is also shite ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ShimmyShaker » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:26 pm

We're watching the best football our club has ever produced and the scariest thing is, for our rivals, there is still room for improvement. The only reason for a mass exodus is for an emergency, how the fuck can you not want to stay until the game is over and give Pep and the players the ovation they deserve? It's astonishing to me.
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:28 pm

I left on 73 minutes today, as I was due in work at 1651 at Piccadilly. I had to swap jobs, cajole and fiddle to even get to the game. I even had to run a bit to get to work on time. I don't feel embarrassed at all about it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:56 pm

When you win 6-1 at home , any person finding fault with the winning team is an Arse.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum