*** Official Match Thread | City v Southampton***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread | City v Southampton***

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm

well i always make it a point to watch until the very end before i change the channel.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I'm beginning to think that Saul's never been near a City game :roll:

I'm beginning to think that you think this matters. I live overseas and cant afford the thousands of dollars to make it over there.
Plus, with the apparently shit stadium atmosphere why would I want to? :lol:

It matters if you think that "most people who go to football matches are casual fans" ..and .."assuming the entire stadium is filled with diehard fans is ridiculous". Just one visit to City would change your views I think.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:And what you apparently dont understand is that leaving 10 minutes early doesnt equal arriving 10 minutes sooner to wherever youre trying to go. If the assumption is most fans stay until the end then by leaving early youre avoiding the slow walk out of the stadium amongst the throngs of people and youre avoiding being late for public transit because of that and having to wait for the next one or youre avoiding having the sit in your car in the parking lot behind thousands of people all trying to exit the same way. It's exponential.

And, believe it or not, there are fans who find 6-1 boring. Not you or me or others on this site but we are also invested enough to go onto to a City fan website and discuss the club day in and day out. That's not the norm. Thats the exception.

You shouldn't get so riled up about things. You support your club your way and let others support their club their way.

The whole of this post is fucking bollocks !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I'm beginning to think that Saul's never been near a City game :roll:

I'm beginning to think that you think this matters. I live overseas and cant afford the thousands of dollars to make it over there.

It matters if you think that "most people who go to football matches are casual fans" ..and .."assuming the entire stadium is filled with diehard fans is ridiculous". Just one visit to City would change your views I think.

maybe he's confusing casual fans with football casuals? i imagine 64 still likes to think he's one of the latter. i can imagine him in his stone island jacket and armani jeans thinking he's a big man....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

maybe he's confusing casual fans with football casuals? i imagine 64 still likes to think he's one of the latter. i can imagine him in his stone island jacket and armani jeans thinking he's a big man....

I can imagine you being a miserable boring cockney gimp !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:45 pm

City64 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

I can imagine you being a miserable boring cockney gimp !

nothing remotely cockney about me...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Most people who go to football matches are casual fans that would rather beat traffic than stay until the end and/or have places to be and therefore leave early. It's not embarrassing at all. Assuming the entire stadium is filled with diehard fans is ridiculous. People can leave whenever they want.

That being said, leaving early when its a draw and we're pushing for a goal is a different story but still understandable.

People can leave whenever they want. But it's a really stupid way to defend 1,000s of fans shamefully leaving early. It's the same argument used by conservatives in America, "I have free speech, I can say whatever I want." Yes, but everyone else is also free to judge you for what you say and do. Just because something is legal, doesn't make it free from ethical judgement. And not staying to applaud the players for a brilliant performance is disrespectful and embarrassing. You don't need to be a diehard fan to show respect.

Easy solution if you don't want to sit in traffic (this also work for other large events and concerts) - just hang out for a bit and wait for the rush to die down.

Saul Goodman wrote:And, believe it or not, there are fans who find 6-1 boring. Not you or me or others on this site but we are also invested enough to go onto to a City fan website and discuss the club day in and day out. That's not the norm. Thats the exception.

You shouldn't get so riled up about things. You support your club your way and let others support their club their way.

If someone calls themselves a fan (even a casual) and doesn't find yesterday's game enjoyable, they are an extra miserable individual. And it's perfectly normal to get riled up about it - because their actions reflect bad on the club that we love (as well as the players and managers who've worked so hard to make the performance happen).

Like I said above, you can support the club any way you like. But that fact doesn't shield you from judgement, especially if your way of supporting the club is to act like a disrespectful twat whose behavior makes City look like a joke to everyone looking in.

I find your view especially strange given that you're American. There is a HUGE taboo over here about leaving games early. Universally, all American sports fans look at early leavers as disrespectful idiots who are wasting their seat when a real fan could have sat there instead. Ever heard the term "fair weather fan"?!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:05 pm

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else who went to the game today notice Pep look up in disbelief when the mass exodous of all the early leavers started at around 83 minutes ? Was a fucking embarrassment seeing those wankers leave en mass when the team was playing beautiful football and pushing for more goals absolutely no excuse for it on a sunday afternoon 3pm ko and the roads quiet as fuck ......... FUCKING EMBARRASSING !!!

I saw him lose it with the 4th official over the state of the one sided bullshit display. I enjoyed Sane’s goal though even if most missed it.

He gave the early leavers the proper stare like only he can pal. Ref Lee Mason is probably the most inconsistent ref in the PL , he is also shite ! :lol:

I have 4 fans next to me 80 mins, excuse me mate we are gone, Real Madrid semi, The Derby you name it, along with many thousands it is a City thing that has since as far back as the Platt Lane day's, Thousands of blues think a game finishes on 80 mins. I have never understood it. Yes the traffic is shit but you are missing so much with us. With added time it is over 2 full games my loons miss over a season.

It is mind blowing for sure pal and beyond embarrassing yesterday .

Id rather the fans who leave early dont go at all..they should just fuck off at home.

When I used to go to matches Id stay till the end even though we played fuckign shit shite shit football. The only time I have ever ever fucked off early was the Gillingham game...and that's because I was crying like a bitch..the emotion fucked me over.

It is embarrassing...please dont go..Id rather watch 34000 fans supporting our team till the end.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Tune in on Wednesday, Carl, you might get your wish.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Tune in on Wednesday, Carl, you might get your wish.

Its better than streaming out while we are still playing.

On a side note, as a player , it must distract the fuck out of them when they have all this movement around the stadium walking out
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Tune in on Wednesday, Carl, you might get your wish.

Its better than streaming out while we are still playing.

On a side note, as a player , it must distract the fuck out of them when they have all this movement around the stadium walking out

It is embarrassing. It's not just us but other teams don't play the sort of football we do. I hope there is a big crowd on Wednesday. I can understand fans' attitude given the bent refereeing, but it's not the lads or Pep's fault. Pep virtually pleaded for fans to go recently, so I'm hoping there is a response.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 pm

V Fulham CB Level2 a fella and his lad 9 or 10 were leaving 80 mins or so the kid was distraught. I try not judge anyone at the game, but this us our golden era our time why in gods name would you want to miss a minute. The time has come to sit down if you love City.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Sorry they were not regulars which is even more odd.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:58 pm

Sat next to a group of tourists myself the other day. Left 3 times each in the first half alone. Plus filmed their penalty. With an Aussie accent it’s hard to criticize but it was bloody annoying as I barely saw the second goal as they were walking through ignoring the attack going on.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 pm

a lot of miserable moaners in this thread...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Probably not properly qualified to comment with my user name but I make sure me and the boy stay till the end every visit. Would love to be in a position to go every week and I cannot understand why fellow blues want to leave before the end. Especially with this current crop of players.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:15 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Probably not properly qualified to comment with my user name but I make sure me and the boy stay till the end every visit. Would love to be in a position to go every week and I cannot understand why fellow blues want to leave before the end. Especially with this current crop of players.

I don't park on the club's carparks when I go. But I have done previously and trust me when I say that getting off those carparks can add easily add hour to an hour and half on to your journey home.
People have more important things in their life than football. The club have had years and years and sort those carparks out but haven't. Typical City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Unless your disabled / not mobile or a tourist why would anyone park in city's car park ?

Even if you got out early your sat in traffic in the roads
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Mase wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Probably not properly qualified to comment with my user name but I make sure me and the boy stay till the end every visit. Would love to be in a position to go every week and I cannot understand why fellow blues want to leave before the end. Especially with this current crop of players.

I don't park on the club's carparks when I go. But I have done previously and trust me when I say that getting off those carparks can add easily add hour to an hour and half on to your journey home.
People have more important things in their life than football. The club have had years and years and sort those carparks out but haven't. Typical City.

Only not very bright types with six fingers park on official city car parks . Its only 15 minutes walk to Piccadilly station ffs .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:38 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Only not very bright types with six fingers park on official city car parks . Its only 15 minutes walk to Piccadilly station ffs .

There's a few thousand City fans that park on them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum