derby day build up

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: derby day build up

Postby bigblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Ps. The best anti-Rag vid has to be the 5 mins 27 seconds. It may not be a Derby against each other but it was the biggest Derby Day in history.

Aaaaagggggguuuueeeeeeerrrrroooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!


This one's not bad either (looks like Sky took down the Youtube version):

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4lcns9
User avatar
bigblue
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8993
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: derby day build up

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 am

The SCUM have got lucky, Teams have missed chances to set up a cricket score. Juve, should have been 5-0 at HT. The time has come to put the red bastards to the sword. For me I just want the scum fans to see how good we are. 4-0 and piss take the shit out of the CUNTS !
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: derby day build up

Postby Dimples » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:57 pm

I think this is a really tough one for us.

The ref is in position and he can really make it tough for us:
early yellows for Fern and our defenders, breaking up our play, 70/30 decisions will go to the Rags, etc...
the Rags will be allowed kick us around the place, not to mention Bogbrush's elbows, etc...
this is before considering the key decisions like penalty calls, red cards, etc...
Sky have everybody primed for the above via Gary Neville

Any sort of a win will do for me.
User avatar
Dimples
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 728
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: derby day build up

Postby ruralblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:15 pm

Dimples wrote:I think this is a really tough one for us.

The ref is in position and he can really make it tough for us:
early yellows for Fern and our defenders, breaking up our play, 70/30 decisions will go to the Rags, etc...
the Rags will be allowed kick us around the place, not to mention Bogbrush's elbows, etc...
this is before considering the key decisions like penalty calls, red cards, etc...
Sky have everybody primed for the above via Gary Neville

Any sort of a win will do for me.


Agree with all of that Dimples except the last sentence. I want nothing less than us to spank these rag bastards and out another six past em. Fuck em.
Image
ruralblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10316
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm
Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: derby day build up

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:I think this is a really tough one for us.

The ref is in position and he can really make it tough for us:
early yellows for Fern and our defenders, breaking up our play, 70/30 decisions will go to the Rags, etc...
the Rags will be allowed kick us around the place, not to mention Bogbrush's elbows, etc...
this is before considering the key decisions like penalty calls, red cards, etc...
Sky have everybody primed for the above via Gary Neville

Any sort of a win will do for me.


Agree with all of that Dimples except the last sentence. I want nothing less than us to spank these rag bastards and out another six past em. Fuck em.


It would be great to spank them and we are capable but I just don't see it happening. They do seem to have been lucky of late with teams letting them off big time but they have kept going and slutched results.

maybe the best result would be for us to win with a late goal and preferable an offside one with Taylor getting the last touch
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10454
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Re: derby day build up

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:38 pm

We can let Anthony Taylor know his B.S is kidding nobody, "WE KNOW YOUR A RAG ANTHONY TAYLOR WE KNOW YOUR A RAG"
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: derby day build up

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Total ragfest on all the media outlets playing up to the "worldwide" audience , fucking shameful reporting . Rags are 8th in the league because they are shit ! nothing more nothing less THEY ARENT GOING TO BE IN CONTENTION TO WIN THE LEAGUE FOR A FEW YEARS they are going backwards yet the media WANT THEM TO BEAT US ????? Why is that I wonder ????
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: derby day build up

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:45 pm

Fuck Off Taylor You Rag Cunt !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: derby day build up

Postby sheblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Not my predicted team for sunday, just my current MC/MU combined team.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6237
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: derby day build up

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:41 pm

JamieMCFC
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1753
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:40 pm
Supporter of: MCFC

Re: derby day build up

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 pm

sheblue wrote:Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Not my predicted team for sunday, just my current MC/MU combined team.

I’d prefer Zinchenko instead of Mendy at th moment.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9011
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: derby day build up

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:19 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:

Ha ha ha, get in Pep!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 35336
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: derby day build up

Postby budfox » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:22 pm

I'd like to see Mahrez start. He's got a huge game in him and this could be it.
When I go to my grave, I shall go with content. I shall go in the knowledge that every rag fan's nightmare ends with a single word: "Aguerrrrroooooo...."
User avatar
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm
Location: Somerset
Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Brown

Re: derby day build up

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Ha ha ha, get in Pep!

He’s had a number of little digs at the rags this week, playing down how much of a threat they can be. Love it
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14949
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: derby day build up

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Ha ha ha, get in Pep!

He’s had a number of little digs at the rags this week, playing down how much of a threat they can be. Love it

He's become a little spikey, in a positive way, and now doesn't take any shit from the media pillocks. I like the way he now gets how we are treated by most of the twats and even though he understands that they are clueless when it comes to tactics, he still spends an age talking through it.

He may not be here to change the league but by fuck he's spent enough time trying to educate the press. One day they might just get it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 35336
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: derby day build up

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Not my predicted team for sunday, just my current MC/MU combined team.

I’d prefer Zinchenko instead of Mendy at th moment.


Mendy should not play and neither should Kompany..we lost the last time because of Kompany.

Zinchenko is a must...also , Zinch is one of the best long passers of the ball in our entire squad...this goes under radar imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21684
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: derby day build up

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Bellew opponent wearing a City scarf at the weigh in.
Hazy2
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6457
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:34 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: derby day build up

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:25 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Bernard
David
Ferna

Sterling
Sergio
Sane

Not my predicted team for sunday, just my current MC/MU combined team.

I’d prefer Zinchenko instead of Mendy at th moment.


Mendy should not play and neither should Kompany..we lost the last time because of Kompany.

Zinchenko is a must...also , Zinch is one of the best long passers of the ball in our entire squad...this goes under radar imo.

Zinchenko is going to be a quality player in time. He seems to have that rare quality of time and being unruffled and his passing is usually on point as well. Let’s hope the boys make it a good birthday weekend celebration for you
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14949
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: derby day build up

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Feck me, why did I?

Thought I'd throw The Debate on to see what they are talking about and wish I'd wasn't so curious. They must've been talking about the game but as I only Cathy the last minute before the ads all I seen was Danny Mills telling Strachan that the Rags in their team can cause an upset and the talks of a Blue win are for debate, even in doubt.

Not to say that we will win but for a supposed City correspondent, debating with a Rag correspondent, you'd say that he should be looking to the Blue side rather than the red.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 35336
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: derby day build up

Postby PrezIke » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Feck me, why did I?

Thought I'd throw The Debate on to see what they are talking about and wish I'd wasn't so curious. They must've been talking about the game but as I only Cathy the last minute before the ads all I seen was Danny Mills telling Strachan that the Rags in their team can cause an upset and the talks of a Blue win are for debate, even in doubt.

Not to say that we will win but for a supposed City correspondent, debating with a Rag correspondent, you'd say that he should be looking to the Blue side rather than the red.


Most hilarious was how the combined best 11 for Mills were ALL City players and for Stachan it was 10 with only De Gea over Big Ed.

Then, as if there is some desperate reason to sound objective Mills says he can "equally" see City winning or Utd winning. Equally?

Stachan effectively said the same because of Utd's "power."

How does that fit into your best 11, who will be playing the game and whilst also praising Pep throughout.

Also, whoever this new host was (don't know him), noticed how he took a little dip into the agenda pool with what he thought was clever jab at us, referring to Ratboy's claim about so-called "tactical fouls" which is one of the most overblown things I've heard about us in my memory, and there isn't exactly a short list to refer to.

Yes, sometimes Dinho fouls with intent and other players take tactical fouls to prevent counters when they use their awareness to see the danger...like every club who has had success across Europe has for ages. Yet, some of this is also because we press hard.

Funny how I haven't heard the same amount of attention given (there was a bit I recall after last season) about how the same can easily be applied to Liverpool who press even higher and arguably harder. In fact, I recall some journalist suggesting that against us last season they got away with quite a few fouls and other games last season, but I don't recall one story coming out of relevance about this.

Mills, of course the so-called representative of City here -- another hilarious claim as we all know, and vintage Sky -- ends the segment saying there's a "huge debate and a huge doubt about" City winning this game.

Look, yes, Utd could win the game, but trying to take off my own tinted glasses I have a hard time saying with much conviction that Utd are just as likely to win this game as we are. They've had a better run of games than earlier, but it's not been anywhere near the level we have played on of late.

Again, his claim could happen, but I don't think that POV sounds terribly objective, and my guess is the bookies agree.
Image
Razza | Boo Bwoy Extrodanaire
User avatar
PrezIke
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5571
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Location: 'N Why See
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigblue, carl_feedthegoat, FA cup winners 2006, Google [Bot], iwasthere2012, JamieMCFC, johnny crossan, King_Tueart, nottsblue, sheblue, ShimmyShaker, South Stand Balti and 60 guests