FIFA Open New Investigation into Man City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FIFA Open New Investigation into Man City

Postby patrickblue » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:29 am

johnny crossan wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Your man in the other thread was spot on when he says City should have taken Uefa to court back in 2014.

Who knows? We could have lost.

I don't think we would but UEFA wouldn't be worried about that,it would've been the fact that the cartel had used a once decent method to look after clubs and turned it into a blunt instrument to stop investment by clubs they wanted to stop.

UEFA were forced into a situation that they didn't want in the first place, the settlement was a way of ensuring that they weren't put into a position where they would've lost all credibility going forward. Plus, we would've forced them to show evidence of the pressure exerted,. Now, that'd have been interesting, moreso than the recent leaks.

My thoughts precisely.

Nonsense. You think things would be better now if we'd lost in court?
If UEFA had won we wouldn't have the manager and the team we have now. We wouldn't be complaining about media attacks - they wouldn't be any - we'd win nothing.

I'm certain in my own mind we would not have lost.
And we would have made the statement that we believed the whole thing was a sham, designed to protect the existing elite and not allow anyone else in.
By accepting UEFA's deal we validated FFP to a degree. It was a compromise, and at the time seemed a reasonable one, but with the benefit of hindsight, I'd lay odds that the club now wish they had taken the legal route.
We would have been taking the moral high ground, but as it now is we will keep on being accused of dodgy dealing, simply because we did a deal with a suspect organisation over a very dubious set of rules.
It's my belief this will all end up in litigation anyway, I believe we should have made our point at the outset and stuck to it
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We wouldn't have lost JC, and if the leaks are correct, we'd have grabbed the whole corrupt saga, and the corrupt clubs, through the mud for years.

I personally would be loved to see it but the club did the right thing and took the pinch.

You're right Beefy, the risk of losing was too great given the settlement that was negotiated - we took the right course and Mullock is just plain wrong. Bill, a long time poster in the other place, deserves that his latest comment there about this be shared
There are so many attacks on our club its not true.

I have to ask.

A, are we really that good?
B,are they really hurting that much?
C, have we cost them that much money?
D,are they really that scared of what we are going to become?

And of course why were these attacks not forthcoming when a certain other club were dominating?

We have smashed their cartel wide open and I'm so proud of our club. I dont care what sactions they impose, i dont care what division we play in,or what players we do or do not sign,not bothered if they ban us from Europe,as proven with this shit we were never going to be allowed to win it. Only went to the games for the short jolly.

I wonder if they have thought that ANY tournament we are not part of is farce,any win would be diluted. The real champions are over there looking in, a team so feared they wouldnt let us join in.
You take your ball in UEFA but be it at your peril.

Well worth a read and gets the mind working overtime with regard to what this has all been about, and I think that there's much more to it than them just being pissed with our rise, to me there's much more at stake and the battle lines have just been drawn.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Our friends couldn't wait

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46159075

Just a regurgitation of the German papers shit/extension thereof.

Pathetic at best, sad sad days where the likes of the BBC don't actually employ any real journalists and just employ copy/pasters of other internet sites.

Journalism in football died many years ago, no real reporting, it's all about the immediate click-bait.

I'd go further, beefy. I'd say it's mostly about painting a distorted picture of the world in which the good guys look like the bad guys and the bad guys look like the good guys. All for the sake of rinsing money out of people.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Some of the people we employ at director level seem to be complete idiots.

FFP was the easiest set of rules to circumvent but we leave incriminating written records all over the place and then we bring a fifa investigation onto us for a academy in Africa that will probably produce no-one
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Our friends couldn't wait

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46159075

Just a regurgitation of the German papers shit/extension thereof.

Pathetic at best, sad sad days where the likes of the BBC don't actually employ any real journalists and just employ copy/pasters of other internet sites.

Journalism in football died many years ago, no real reporting, it's all about the immediate click-bait.

I'd go further, beefy. I'd say it's mostly about painting a distorted picture of the world in which the good guys look like the bad guys and the bad guys look like the good guys. All for the sake of rinsing money out of people.

Of course mate, that's what I call click-bait - to distort news to appeal to the biggest audience.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum