Premier League clubs have approved VAR for next season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Premier League clubs have approved VAR for next season

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:24 pm

Funny how so many were against it and searching for every example after each week to be against it.

Barry Glendenning (not exactly our biggest supporter) would whinge on about it constantly like Chicken Little and I think there was a point where a few bad decisions occurred and he was reveling in the idea that VAR was failing as he was very strongly against it from the start.

It's never going to be perfect, but it was/is always going to take time for referees and fans to adjust. It isn't ruining games and improves the chances of the correct outcome.

Glad it will be in the Prem next season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Chinners wrote:Another nail in the coffin for me . . . football debate will be non existent in the not too distant future once this beds down.

Think there will always be debate as some decisions are not going to be so clear cut and contraversial.

I don't recall the rules, but like in American sport, usually, the best way to handle that is if the video replay is not 100% clear to overturn then whatever the decision was made by the ref(s) stands.

VAR doesn't apply to everything either, I think, so still will be plenty to talk about regardless.

We stand to benefit based on what I've seen, and hopefully lowers biased referees possibly for or against a given club for whatever reason.

Liverpool CL quarters last season, as many have referred to, being the most obvious example.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:20 am

PrezIke wrote:
Chinners wrote:Another nail in the coffin for me . . . football debate will be non existent in the not too distant future once this beds down.

Think there will always be debate as some decisions are not going to be so clear cut and contraversial.

I don't recall the rules, but like in American sport, usually, the best way to handle that is if the video replay is not 100% clear to overturn then whatever the decision was made by the ref(s) stands.

VAR doesn't apply to everything either, I think, so still will be plenty to talk about regardless.

We stand to benefit based on what I've seen, and hopefully lowers biased referees possibly for or against a given club for whatever reason.

Liverpool CL quarters last season, as many have referred to, being the most obvious example.

Problem is how some things get brought up and others swept under. That liverpool stuff barely gets a mention outside us blues. If nobody looks, nothing changes. I’m dead against this btw
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:33 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Problem is how some things get brought up and others swept under. That liverpool stuff barely gets a mention outside us blues. If nobody looks, nothing changes. I’m dead against this btw

To be fair, I actually heard on either Football Weekly, The Totally Football Show pod or maybe ESPNFC discussion by at least one or two non-City reporter that they felt the decisions against us were wrong and most likely would have been solved by VAR.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:03 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

To be fair, I actually heard on either Football Weekly, The Totally Football Show pod or maybe ESPNFC discussion by at least one or two non-City reporter that they felt the decisions against us were wrong and most likely would have been solved by VAR.

Talk about covering your options :lol:

You don't know where or by whom, the jist of what was being said !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:12 pm

So what about the two useless cunts "officiating " behind each goal in the CL games ? Don't think I have ever seen one of the useless cunts ever make or give a decision in all the years UEFA have employed them ? Great work if you can get it , stand there like a plank and do fuck all for 90 minutes what a complete fucking joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:18 pm

City64 wrote:So what about the two useless cunts "officiating " behind each goal in the CL games ? Don't think I have ever seen one of the useless cunts ever make or give a decision in all the years UEFA have employed them ? Great work if you can get it , stand there like a plank and do fuck all for 90 minutes what a complete fucking joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of them flagged for a foul when Otto upended Lionel Rashford the Barca player , outside the box for their penalty at our house .
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:So what about the two useless cunts "officiating " behind each goal in the CL games ? Don't think I have ever seen one of the useless cunts ever make or give a decision in all the years UEFA have employed them ? Great work if you can get it , stand there like a plank and do fuck all for 90 minutes what a complete fucking joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of them flagged for a foul when Otto upended Lionel Rashford the Barca player , outside the box for thier penalty at our house .

So the only decision ever made by one of them cunts was against us ?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 pm

City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

One of them flagged for a foul when Otto upended Lionel Rashford the Barca player , outside the box for thier penalty at our house .

So the only decision ever made by one of them cunts was against us ?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Not sure about that , they are still totally irrelevant and are basically along for the joy ride .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum