***West Ham v City| Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***West Ham v City| Official Match Thread***

Postby bluemoon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
bluemoon wrote:40 today and watching this in Ramallah, Palestine, just need City to make this a perfect day now, come on you blues!

Shame Foden isn't starting, would've thought this would be an ideal game for him.

Many happy returns

Indeed. +1

Let’s hope the boys give you something to cheer tonight

Thanks guys.

That rounded off the birthday nicely. Imagine what the score would've been if we'd got of 2nd gear in that 2nd half!
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bluemoon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
bluemoon wrote:40 today and watching this in Ramallah, Palestine, just need City to make this a perfect day now, come on you blues!

Shame Foden isn't starting, would've thought this would be an ideal game for him.

Happy birthday pal!

Thanks man, hope you're well!
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:35 pm

sheblue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I’m the short time he’s been on Foden has given the ball away 3-4 time already. We all want him to play more, can’t imagine that’s helping his chances though.

The game was effectively over when he came on. He just got on for the experience. It won't do him any harm with pep whatsoever.

Wasn’t his best but he was warming up to the task at the end and played his part in the 4th.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Bit worrying for me today. I know the game was over after 20 mins, but we allowed WH far too many opportunities in the game. Only for their bad finishing, we could have tripped up here. A more clinical side would have scored a few against us today. Hopefully I'm just being too picky, but we looked poor at the back.

Also could just be the change from Stone to Otter...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:37 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:Bit worrying for me today. I know the game was over after 20 mins, but we allowed WH far too many opportunities in the game. Only for their bad finishing, we could have tripped up here. A more clinical side would have scored a few against us today. Hopefully I'm just being too picky, but we looked poor at the back.

We switched off and coasted home , simple as that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:53 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:Bit worrying for me today. I know the game was over after 20 mins, but we allowed WH far too many opportunities in the game. Only for their bad finishing, we could have tripped up here. A more clinical side would have scored a few against us today. Hopefully I'm just being too picky, but we looked poor at the back.

well if it had carried on the way it started Pellegrini would be looking for a job .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby bluemoon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:55 pm

I share Paulie's sentiments, we were way too open even after being 1 and 2 up. West ham had plenty of chances before we made it 3. I'm sure Pep will have noted that too.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Another factor is that teams are under real pressure to take their chances and where a player has the opportunity, that opportunity becomes 10 times harder, even for a sitter.

We did what we needed to today and walked away with 3 points and 4 goals. Yes, we could complain about finishing or defensive lapses but when you think about it, it was us who were clinical, the pressure was all thiers.

Oh, and some of the interplay sounded fantastic, even the Hammer supporter I was listening to said we were amazing, even saying that the Hammers fans were applauding our play.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Pep read it right didn't he. Great result , not a great performance and we were a bit lucky. Spot on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:19 pm

Aguero hasn't scored in an away PL game for a year ! That needs to change soon ! Training exercise today , West Ham fans think we are the best team on the planet . Bournemouth at the Etihad next week and Ginger Kev is nearly fit ......... wow we are going to get even fucking better !

Ps all those journo,s that hate us ................ FUCK OFF YOU SAD CUNTS ! Hahahaha sad fucked up twats your full of fucking shit ! CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:37 pm

City64 wrote:Aguero hasn't scored in an away PL game for a year ! That needs to change soon ! Training exercise today , West Ham fans think we are the best team on the planet . Bournemouth at the Etihad next week and Ginger Kev is nearly fit ......... wow we are going to get even fucking better !

Ps all those journo,s that hate us ................ FUCK OFF YOU SAD CUNTS ! Hahahaha sad fucked up twats your full of fucking shit ! CTID

Read that today about Aguero. Not strictly true, it’s that he hasn’t scored in an English away game in that time but he has scored twice in Wales. Still, it’s unlike him and let’s hope he gets back in the saddle away from the Etihad and soon
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:20 pm

We've now scored 53% more goals than "best attack in the league" dippers. And 100% more goals the the rags.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:09 am

Just watching the game back and those that complain about people leaving early need to look at all those white empty seats at West Ham, ours is nothing like that.

I wonder when the media will be writing stories about the Hammers support, or anybody else's for that matter. Seems it's only City fans they attack.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just watching the game back and those that complain about people leaving early need to look at all those white empty seats at West Ham, ours is nothing like that.

I wonder when the media will be writing stories about the Hammers support, or anybody else's for that matter. Seems it's only City fans they attack.

It happens literally everywhere mate. Everywhere.
I remember taking a pic of the rags stadium when they were 2 up against a team on Sky the other year because as soon as it got to 80 mins it was dead!

People that think it's just us are naive.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 am

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just watching the game back and those that complain about people leaving early need to look at all those white empty seats at West Ham, ours is nothing like that.

I remember taking a pic of the rags stadium when they were 2 up against a team on Sky the other year because as soon as it got to 80 mins it was dead!

Rags had a huge amount of empty seats throughout the game yesterday. Apparently it was put down to Christmas shoppers!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:31 am

Mase wrote:

but it ruins their experience. as they watch it on tv in brisbane of new york.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:03 pm

But they were losing 3-0 with zero chance to get anything. People complain when fans leave during a close game or one that we are playing great and scoring goals for fun.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum