***watford v man city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***watford v man city official match thread***

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:07 pm

sheblue wrote:Seriously are we going to start GJ against the chavs?

you're right - Sterling should play there - just keep Gundogan off the pitch is all I ask.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 pm

41, points , over the relegation points total . Now to enjoy the rest of the season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Gundogan just kills our momentum every time he comes on. Ajax should be encouraged to give him a good deal.

It's under instruction, he comes on to slow it down, to keep possession, see out time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:21 pm

zuricity wrote:41, points , over the relegation points total . Now to enjoy the rest of the season.

Even better is knowing the rags are still 18 points from safety :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it looks like the question needs updating to "can they do it on a wet Tuesday night at Watford"

Thankfully the answer is YES
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Gundogan just kills our momentum every time he comes on. Ajax should be encouraged to give him a good deal.
It's under instruction, he comes on to slow it down, to keep possession, see out time.

It would be reassuring to think that was the case tonight but it's every game he plays FIBD :(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:24 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
zuricity wrote:41, points , over the relegation points total . Now to enjoy the rest of the season.

Even better is knowing the rags are still 18 points from safety :lol: :lol: :lol:

So it looks like the question needs updating to "can they do it on a wet Tuesday night at Watford"

Thankfully the answer is YES

You never know, the rags still might have a wet Tuesday night at Stoke next season :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Those disgusting misses by GJ nearly cost us dear tonight....we got away with it.....this time.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

It would be reassuring to think that was the case tonight but it's every game he plays FIBD :(

Fair enough, he's not as direct as the others in them half spaces but he performs that possession role particularly well, he was tonight until Delph forgot the baesics and then he's effectively taken out of the game when they start bypassing the midfield with their aerial assault.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:03 pm

Thank fuck for that! Didn't see the game, hear it or have any news of it. Thought I'd wait to get home and read the thread to see what went down and by fuck, it was a difficult read. Something about 'Surrey'ist', lots of 'Wtf Jesus' and plenty of miserable shot play comments.

God bless the match thread, from what I seen I knew we'd won it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Possession game performed well? From the minute Gundo came on we looked incapable of keeping possession. Not for the first time either. The guy kills us. Pep has such a blind spot for him.
Also, I know he scored and I know his stats are good, but we need a right footed player on the right. Watching Mahrez.... and Bernard constantly turn inside onto their left drives me insane. We need variety. Go to the fucking line sometimes!
On the whole though I thought we were very good again. Some nice football that should have resulted in the comfortable win that looked on the cards.
Will the Scouse twats crack, or get another slice of luck?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:36 am

Happy for the 3 points in an away game midweek ahead of a BIG match, but surprised by the last 10 minutes. I'm really disappointed that we let them score that goal out of nowhere (fucking Delph!); I really want the club to break the lowest goals allowed total this season.

Jesus did alot well. He made good runs and took up some great positions but his finishing is woefully out of form. He cannot start vs Chelsea.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:36 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:From the minute Gundo came on we looked incapable of keeping possession. Not for the first time either. The guy kills us. Pep has such a blind spot for him.

He'll score against Cardiff though and posters in the match thread will be like "Get in Gundo. See he's not bad"..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 am

mr_nool wrote:I think Watford is the sort of team that can hurt us with their physicality if given the chance. But they can also roll over and concede six goals if things go against them early on. I.E. I, like salford city, want us to start with a strong team and then switch down a gear in the second half if we're well ahead.

This is pretty much what happened. We should have scored a third to kill them off. Now they got a sniff at it and started playing long balls to their giants up front, which we really struggled with.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:59 am

Mase wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:From the minute Gundo came on we looked incapable of keeping possession. Not for the first time either. The guy kills us. Pep has such a blind spot for him.

He'll score against Cardiff though and posters in the match thread will be like "Get in Gundo. See he's not bad"..

We’ve got a striker that won’t score and plenty saying he’s not too bad.

Gundo is just an odd fit for this team where eveyone is available. He’s not a bad player just not better than what we have.

I’d back him to finish a chance over Jesus right now though. Really hoping Jesus hits the net again and gets going, but he’s been off for a while.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Mase wrote:

We’ve got a striker that won’t score and plenty saying he’s not too bad.

Gundo is just an odd fit for this team where eveyone is available. He’s not a bad player just not better than what we have.

I’d back him to finish a chance over Jesus right now though. Really hoping Jesus hits the net again and gets going, but he’s been off for a while.

In a thread where Jesus has been absolutely slated..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 am

Just to put to bed this crap about Jesus not being able to score, this season he's got 5 goals in 9 starts in all comps. Not bad really.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 am

is that why he gave it away twice in injury time?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:05 am

Mase wrote:Just to put to bed this crap about Jesus not being able to score, this season he's got 5 goals in 9 starts in all comps. Not bad really.

I thought he worked hard last night and showed a good attitude. A good assist.
A problem with his lack of goals is sometimes he's so desperate to get on the score sheet he's not passing to a player in a better position to score. He needs to remember the Pep team ethos.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:Just to put to bed this crap about Jesus not being able to score, this season he's got 5 goals in 9 starts in all comps. Not bad really.

I thought he worked hard last night and showed a good attitude. A good assist.
A problem with his lack of goals is sometimes he's so desperate to get on the score sheet he's not passing to a player in a better position to score. He needs to remember the Pep team ethos.

That's all well and good running working hard etc. But ultimately he has to be able to find the net when given good opportunity to do so.

If he plays and misses chances against Chelsea, we draw or loose I wonder what the attitude will be like then.
It will come good for him in time. Just it's a risky one for this Saturday. That's all. He should have a rest and a front 3 of Mahrez Sane Sterling would give Chelsea nightmares at the moment.
Pick your best in form players for big games and give GJ the time he needs.
Pep has a call to make, and.pep will probably stick with him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum