The Premiership

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Premiership

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:45 am

Went to shit?

Usually teams at home, small teams, gave a hell of a performance when big clubs came. Burnley looked last night a team that would battle relegation in the Championship, not even close of a team that is EPL material.

Ok, we took a big big step ahead and teams are super afraid of us, but even back a few years ago, when the top two teams came to town, the local fellas will give 200 %, now they just lay down and wait.

Chelsea, Scouse, United, Arse and Spuds got away with many points from places you could have the game of your life. Looks like a league broken, like the one in Spain.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9754
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Premiership

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:48 am

Teams like Burnley will have voted for FFP and that's made sure they'll never become "big". So fuck um.
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19403
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Premiership

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 am

it’s called the premier league
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13512
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: The Premiership

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:36 am

PeterParker wrote:Went to shit?

Usually teams at home, small teams, gave a hell of a performance when big clubs came. Burnley looked last night a team that would battle relegation in the Championship, not even close of a team that is EPL material.

Ok, we took a big big step ahead and teams are super afraid of us, but even back a few years ago, when the top two teams came to town, the local fellas will give 200 %, now they just lay down and wait.

Chelsea, Scouse, United, Arse and Spuds got away with many points from places you could have the game of your life. Looks like a league broken, like the one in Spain.

Are you having a fucking laff ? Watford gave it everything against us the other night and surprisingly only a couple of teams have come to the Etihad to defend so far this season . Far far more class top quality players in the PL than Spain . Burnley are crap and have gone backwards, dyche has been found out as a one dimensional manager ever warnock is doing better than him . This seasons PL title race will come down to how us and the dippers rotate squads during the winter and how each club fares in the top six head to heads . PL is fucking awesome get a grip ! Twists and turns to come massive style !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Premiership

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Went to shit?

Usually teams at home, small teams, gave a hell of a performance when big clubs came. Burnley looked last night a team that would battle relegation in the Championship, not even close of a team that is EPL material.

Ok, we took a big big step ahead and teams are super afraid of us, but even back a few years ago, when the top two teams came to town, the local fellas will give 200 %, now they just lay down and wait.

Chelsea, Scouse, United, Arse and Spuds got away with many points from places you could have the game of your life. Looks like a league broken, like the one in Spain.

Are you having a fucking laff ? Watford gave it everything against us the other night and surprisingly only a couple of teams have come to the Etihad to defend so far this season . Far far more class top quality players in the PL than Spain . Burnley are crap and have gone backwards, dyche has been found out as a one dimensional manager ever warnock is doing better than him . This seasons PL title race will come down to how us and the dippers rotate squads during the winter and how each club fares in the top six head to heads . PL is fucking awesome get a grip ! Twists and turns to come massive style !


Not talking about us here. I am refering about the other teams.
But if you want to go on that, Watford gave everything after we let one stupid goal in. It could had been 6-0 before they could go for half time. From my point of view, we are, at least, on level above everyone else, even if we play, at times, arrogant.

I am speaking about the other games, most of all when local teams have big teams at their home. Per example, Scouse had a lot of easy games away from home at Watford and Huddersfield this season. Of course, they had two big decisions going their way, however, since the start of the game you could see the goal was coming. Yesterday the same, I had a good feeling about it before the game started, then after 2-3 minutes in I was certain there was no way Burnley could get anything.

Look, I quite enjoy a Brighton vs Palace game, for example, two teams that are almost equal, game their best, and played a superb game. But now, a trip for a top team away from home is far more easier from how it has been. Look at Newcastle, remember what a difficult trip was to go there and get anything, now you have to be poorer than United not to get anything from there.
Imho, this regress of the teams is showed in Europe, most of all in the Europa League. You work all season long to go in Europe (Burnley) and when you get there you do not even get the groups or have a pathetic presence like Everton did last season.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9754
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Premiership

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:59 am

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Went to shit?

Usually teams at home, small teams, gave a hell of a performance when big clubs came. Burnley looked last night a team that would battle relegation in the Championship, not even close of a team that is EPL material.

Ok, we took a big big step ahead and teams are super afraid of us, but even back a few years ago, when the top two teams came to town, the local fellas will give 200 %, now they just lay down and wait.

Chelsea, Scouse, United, Arse and Spuds got away with many points from places you could have the game of your life. Looks like a league broken, like the one in Spain.

Are you having a fucking laff ? Watford gave it everything against us the other night and surprisingly only a couple of teams have come to the Etihad to defend so far this season . Far far more class top quality players in the PL than Spain . Burnley are crap and have gone backwards, dyche has been found out as a one dimensional manager ever warnock is doing better than him . This seasons PL title race will come down to how us and the dippers rotate squads during the winter and how each club fares in the top six head to heads . PL is fucking awesome get a grip ! Twists and turns to come massive style !


Not talking about us here. I am refering about the other teams.
But if you want to go on that, Watford gave everything after we let one stupid goal in. It could had been 6-0 before they could go for half time. From my point of view, we are, at least, on level above everyone else, even if we play, at times, arrogant.

I am speaking about the other games, most of all when local teams have big teams at their home. Per example, Scouse had a lot of easy games away from home at Watford and Huddersfield this season. Of course, they had two big decisions going their way, however, since the start of the game you could see the goal was coming. Yesterday the same, I had a good feeling about it before the game started, then after 2-3 minutes in I was certain there was no way Burnley could get anything.

Look, I quite enjoy a Brighton vs Palace game, for example, two teams that are almost equal, game their best, and played a superb game. But now, a trip for a top team away from home is far more easier from how it has been. Look at Newcastle, remember what a difficult trip was to go there and get anything, now you have to be poorer than United not to get anything from there.
Imho, this regress of the teams is showed in Europe, most of all in the Europa League. You work all season long to go in Europe (Burnley) and when you get there you do not even get the groups or have a pathetic presence like Everton did last season.

You missed the rags and their demise out ? Now they are proper shit and I am fucking loving it pal !
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Premiership

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am

Wolves just beat Chelsea last night mate.

Burnley, Huddersfield and Palace took points off us last season, Wolves this season.

Burnley are gone to the dogs, Liverpool are riding the crest of a wave, there was only ever going to be one winner last night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: The Premiership

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:13 am

the league is stronger than ever
the teams in the lower half today would smash top half teams from 15 years ago
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13512
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: The Premiership

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:it’s called the premier league


For over 10 years now, we win the title this year and we go joint top of most Premier League's won.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: The Premiership

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:the league is stronger than ever


Then why aren't they performing as well in Europe? Except Newcastle a few years ago, under Pardew, when they reach the quarter finals of the Europa and lost vs Benfica if I recall, who did anything in that competion? And I am not speaking about Arse, Chelsea, Scouse, etc.
You might argue the league is more important, because here is where the money are, but why the hell then participate and fight for a whole year?

For me, the league is doing something similar to la Liga, top teams are becoming stronger and stronger, while the rest are lost in mediocrity, the only difference is that a mediocre team from Spain will reach the superiour stages of Europa. We are 15 games in and there is already a 8 points gap between 5th position and the 6th.

Don't get me wrong, I would watch Fulham vs Cardiff any day instead of Valencia vs Sevilla or Inter vs Lazio, it's just a difference between small teams act at home vs big ones and how it used to be.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9754
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Premiership

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the league is stronger than ever


Then why aren't they performing as well in Europe? Except Newcastle a few years ago, under Pardew, when they reach the quarter finals of the Europa and lost vs Benfica if I recall, who did anything in that competion? And I am not speaking about Arse, Chelsea, Scouse, etc.
You might argue the league is more important, because here is where the money are, but why the hell then participate and fight for a whole year?


This does my head in, the "distraction" of the Europa League only seems to apply to teams who do badly in it. Take Burnley this season who are all too happy to blame the Europe League on their shite start to the season. They have a huge budget compared to Aberdeen and that Turkish side they scrapped past, no excuses for looking so poor against teams of that level. They were eventually pumped out by the first decent team they played but a team of Burnley's finances should easily be able to be competitive in the group stages regardless of league form.

As regards to the OP, the bottom six sides in the league are as poor as I can remember. There is some real dross in this league.
ross.mcfc
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:50 am
Location: London

Re: The Premiership

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:43 pm

^^^^^^^^

If Southampton hadn´t sold their top players to scousepool, where would they be now ! and of course. where would Scousepool be now. Positions reversed , possibly.

Asking about Europe is just plain silly. We all know the CL is bent.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: The Premiership

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:58 pm

The league is much more competitive than it was 15 to 20+ years ago.
Back then it was only two teams that could win the league, mostly the rags and arsenal. Often just the rags with no body else to complete. That was up until Roman came along.

In recent seasons the experts, before the season starts, tell us that there are 5 to 6 sides well capable of winning it.
Plus with the TV money a lot has changed with teams down the table.
Gone to shit no, changed yes.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: The Premiership

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:05 pm

sheblue wrote:The league is much more competitive than it was 15 to 20+ years ago.
Back then it was only two teams that could win the league, mostly the rags and arsenal. Often just the rags with no body else to complete. That was up until Roman came along.

In recent seasons the experts, before the season starts, tell us that there are 5 to 6 sides well capable of winning it.
Plus with the TV money a lot has changed with teams down the table.
Gone to shit no, changed yes.


Exactly. Changed is a better term, I agree.
We have a solid 6 teams, with three, at the moment, above everyone, but solid 6 teams that could win the league. Then we have a big gap and come the likes of Everton, etc, teams that are miles behind those top 6.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9754
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Premiership

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm

PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:The league is much more competitive than it was 15 to 20+ years ago.
Back then it was only two teams that could win the league, mostly the rags and arsenal. Often just the rags with no body else to complete. That was up until Roman came along.

In recent seasons the experts, before the season starts, tell us that there are 5 to 6 sides well capable of winning it.
Plus with the TV money a lot has changed with teams down the table.
Gone to shit no, changed yes.


Exactly. Changed is a better term, I agree.
We have a solid 6 teams, with three, at the moment, above everyone, but solid 6 teams that could win the league. Then we have a big gap and come the likes of Everton, etc, teams that are miles behind those top 6.

Only two teams will win the PL. Us and the dippers. And even that is heavily weighted in our favour. The rest are making up the numbers.
nottsblue
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15332
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Premiership

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:06 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the league is stronger than ever


Then why aren't they performing as well in Europe? Except Newcastle a few years ago, under Pardew, when they reach the quarter finals of the Europa and lost vs Benfica if I recall, who did anything in that competion? And I am not speaking about Arse, Chelsea, Scouse, etc.
You might argue the league is more important, because here is where the money are, but why the hell then participate and fight for a whole year?


This does my head in, the "distraction" of the Europa League only seems to apply to teams who do badly in it. Take Burnley this season who are all too happy to blame the Europe League on their shite start to the season. They have a huge budget compared to Aberdeen and that Turkish side they scrapped past, no excuses for looking so poor against teams of that level. They were eventually pumped out by the first decent team they played but a team of Burnley's finances should easily be able to be competitive in the group stages regardless of league form.

As regards to the OP, the bottom six sides in the league are as poor as I can remember. There is some real dross in this league.


Window of opportunity...and your in !!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21880
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: The Premiership

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:09 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:the league is stronger than ever


Then why aren't they performing as well in Europe? Except Newcastle a few years ago, under Pardew, when they reach the quarter finals of the Europa and lost vs Benfica if I recall, who did anything in that competion? And I am not speaking about Arse, Chelsea, Scouse, etc.
You might argue the league is more important, because here is where the money are, but why the hell then participate and fight for a whole year?


This does my head in, the "distraction" of the Europa League only seems to apply to teams who do badly in it. Take Burnley this season who are all too happy to blame the Europe League on their shite start to the season. They have a huge budget compared to Aberdeen and that Turkish side they scrapped past, no excuses for looking so poor against teams of that level. They were eventually pumped out by the first decent team they played but a team of Burnley's finances should easily be able to be competitive in the group stages regardless of league form.

As regards to the OP, the bottom six sides in the league are as poor as I can remember. There is some real dross in this league.


Window of opportunity...and your in !!!


Hahahaha
Mase
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19403
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: The Premiership

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:50 pm

It’s quite interesting to think how the PL has changed. I never bought into Sky’s claim that it was the greatest league in the world, but for a period English clubs were amongst the most successful in Europe.

There has frequently been some dire teams in the league (Derby anyone?), and often the football has been defensively naïve, having a few great defenders but not great defences. The defence that Wenger inherited was obviously an exception to that, and one or two others, but in general I felt English teams were more feared for their attack than defence (note to Pulis: parking the bus is not having a great defence). I think this attacking power became more noticeable towards the end of the nineties when enough of the Sky and CL money had been accumulated to allow the top four clubs to buy some of the best forwards and midfielders around. They could never quite get the Galacticos, but the bet of the rest.

Sometimes someone would challenge, as Everton did one year, but mainly it was a question of which order would the top four finish in and which other team would fight it out with the rags for top spot? There was then a group of solid teams whose ultimate prize was fifth place, and a group who were fighting relegation from off. The commentators would say ‘anyone can beat anyone’ and surprises did happen in individual matches, but at the top it was pretty predictable. Before City in 2012 there had only been 4 winners, and even now there have only been 6, and two of those won once then fell back (Blackburn and Leicester). From about the time of our title win in 2012, City and Spurs have forced their way into that top group (not without a lot of complaints from the others), but it is still a similar scenario. The rags can lose to anybody, but the other top teams win most of their matches. The fact that they lose a few does not make it an equal fight. However, the extra cash available for all clubs recently has improved the standard of play of some of those middle clubs, without necessarily closing the gap.

Between 1998 and 2008 in Europe, English clubs made the finals 8 times, including the rags playing Chelsea in 2008. After that things took a dip, the rags being slaughtered by Pep’s Barca, Chelsea winning with a drab display and nothing else till the Dippers last year. I know the finalists don’t tell the whole story, but I do think that around the time Pep won it with Barca, English teams started to look old fashioned in Europe. It is only since City and Spurs challenged the establish order from 2012 and the arrival of more tactically flexible coaches like Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc. that things have started to look up. I think the top teams now are playing better football than before, and it will be reflected in CL Finals before too long (cheating aside).

So think there have probably been three significant periods in PL history (an over simplification I know), the early period when it was like the old First Division with more money, the Sky 4 golden age from about 1998-2011, and then the current era.

Well, that went on a bit didn’t it? That’s what happens when there is no football to watch!
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3378
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: The Premiership

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:58 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It’s quite interesting to think how the PL has changed. I never bought into Sky’s claim that it was the greatest league in the world, but for a period English clubs were amongst the most successful in Europe.

There has frequently been some dire teams in the league (Derby anyone?), and often the football has been defensively naïve, having a few great defenders but not great defences. The defence that Wenger inherited was obviously an exception to that, and one or two others, but in general I felt English teams were more feared for their attack than defence (note to Pulis: parking the bus is not having a great defence). I think this attacking power became more noticeable towards the end of the nineties when enough of the Sky and CL money had been accumulated to allow the top four clubs to buy some of the best forwards and midfielders around. They could never quite get the Galacticos, but the bet of the rest.

Sometimes someone would challenge, as Everton did one year, but mainly it was a question of which order would the top four finish in and which other team would fight it out with the rags for top spot? There was then a group of solid teams whose ultimate prize was fifth place, and a group who were fighting relegation from off. The commentators would say ‘anyone can beat anyone’ and surprises did happen in individual matches, but at the top it was pretty predictable. Before City in 2012 there had only been 4 winners, and even now there have only been 6, and two of those won once then fell back (Blackburn and Leicester). From about the time of our title win in 2012, City and Spurs have forced their way into that top group (not without a lot of complaints from the others), but it is still a similar scenario. The rags can lose to anybody, but the other top teams win most of their matches. The fact that they lose a few does not make it an equal fight. However, the extra cash available for all clubs recently has improved the standard of play of some of those middle clubs, without necessarily closing the gap.

Between 1998 and 2008 in Europe, English clubs made the finals 8 times, including the rags playing Chelsea in 2008. After that things took a dip, the rags being slaughtered by Pep’s Barca, Chelsea winning with a drab display and nothing else till the Dippers last year. I know the finalists don’t tell the whole story, but I do think that around the time Pep won it with Barca, English teams started to look old fashioned in Europe. It is only since City and Spurs challenged the establish order from 2012 and the arrival of more tactically flexible coaches like Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc. that things have started to look up. I think the top teams now are playing better football than before, and it will be reflected in CL Finals before too long (cheating aside).

So think there have probably been three significant periods in PL history (an over simplification I know), the early period when it was like the old First Division with more money, the Sky 4 golden age from about 1998-2011, and then the current era.

Well, that went on a bit didn’t it? That’s what happens when there is no football to watch!

Decent post that
nottsblue
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15332
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The Premiership

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:It’s quite interesting to think how the PL has changed. I never bought into Sky’s claim that it was the greatest league in the world, but for a period English clubs were amongst the most successful in Europe.

There has frequently been some dire teams in the league (Derby anyone?), and often the football has been defensively naïve, having a few great defenders but not great defences. The defence that Wenger inherited was obviously an exception to that, and one or two others, but in general I felt English teams were more feared for their attack than defence (note to Pulis: parking the bus is not having a great defence). I think this attacking power became more noticeable towards the end of the nineties when enough of the Sky and CL money had been accumulated to allow the top four clubs to buy some of the best forwards and midfielders around. They could never quite get the Galacticos, but the bet of the rest.

Sometimes someone would challenge, as Everton did one year, but mainly it was a question of which order would the top four finish in and which other team would fight it out with the rags for top spot? There was then a group of solid teams whose ultimate prize was fifth place, and a group who were fighting relegation from off. The commentators would say ‘anyone can beat anyone’ and surprises did happen in individual matches, but at the top it was pretty predictable. Before City in 2012 there had only been 4 winners, and even now there have only been 6, and two of those won once then fell back (Blackburn and Leicester). From about the time of our title win in 2012, City and Spurs have forced their way into that top group (not without a lot of complaints from the others), but it is still a similar scenario. The rags can lose to anybody, but the other top teams win most of their matches. The fact that they lose a few does not make it an equal fight. However, the extra cash available for all clubs recently has improved the standard of play of some of those middle clubs, without necessarily closing the gap.

Between 1998 and 2008 in Europe, English clubs made the finals 8 times, including the rags playing Chelsea in 2008. After that things took a dip, the rags being slaughtered by Pep’s Barca, Chelsea winning with a drab display and nothing else till the Dippers last year. I know the finalists don’t tell the whole story, but I do think that around the time Pep won it with Barca, English teams started to look old fashioned in Europe. It is only since City and Spurs challenged the establish order from 2012 and the arrival of more tactically flexible coaches like Pep, Klopp, Pochettino etc. that things have started to look up. I think the top teams now are playing better football than before, and it will be reflected in CL Finals before too long (cheating aside).
Bang on that , nice one !

So think there have probably been three significant periods in PL history (an over simplification I know), the early period when it was like the old First Division with more money, the Sky 4 golden age from about 1998-2011, and then the current era.

Well, that went on a bit didn’t it? That’s what happens when there is no football to watch!
Not really here
User avatar
City64
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6773
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueinBosnia, Burt, carolina-blue, Douglas Higginbottom, Foreverinbluedreams, Hazy2, Hutch's Shoulder, johnnyondioline, london blue 2, Nigels Tackle, nottsblue, Outcast, rosbif cuisson 'bleu', ross.mcfc, s1ty m, Sparklehorse, trueblue64, walshawblue, Wonderwall and 56 guests