Lawro & DC Predictions v Rent Boys (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Rent Boys (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 pm

This week's guest is boxer Josh Warrington, the IBF world featherweight champion.

Warrington is a Leeds United fan - and chairman of their supporters club - who became the first male boxer from his home city to win a world crown when he beat Lee Selby at Elland Road in May. That fight and the years leading up to it are documented in a new film 'Josh Warrington: Fighting For A City'. He defends his title against Carl Frampton in Manchester on 22 December, but has been keeping a close eye on how Marcelo Bielsa's side are doing in the race for promotion from the Championship.

Lawro Says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46467688

Chelsea made a fabulous start to the season but I have never seen them as genuine contenders in the title race.

This has become an even tougher game for Blues boss Maurizio Sarri with his side losing two of their past three away games, and I am going for a City win here.

Away from the Champions League, very few teams have really tested City this season - Liverpool gave them a good game at Anfield and they drew at Wolves, but Wolves' goal should never have been allowed anyway.

So it is going to be interesting to see how close Chelsea get to them, and whether they can make life difficult for the champions at all. I really do have my doubts.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Josh's prediction: City boss Pep Guardiola has got his boys flying again and they are looking very strong. 1-3

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... redictions

Liverpool will be hoping Chelsea do them a favour against Manchester City but in truth, Maurizio Sarri's side must do themselves a favour in regard to getting into the top four.

They are 10 points behind Man City now so even if Chelsea win, seven points is a big gap at this stage of the season. When are City going to lose another three football matches? And that's without Chelsea losing another game.

If you are going on form, you can't see anything but a Man City win. If City get this game out of the way and don't lose, I don't see how they don't go through the whole league season without losing. There's this game and then Manchester United away but they play Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal at home so if they come through this game unscathed I really don't see where they lose.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Rent Boys (A)

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:55 pm

I quite like that Warrington kid ..

"Liverpool fans will be believing it's their year" :lol:

& "Ranieri to leave (the swamp) with points 0-7"
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 pm

DC already trolling out the should go the season unbeaten bullshit. But he is correct in saying going on form we are the better side and should win.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:00 pm

I'm not daft enough to argue with a boxer from Leeds, so 1-3 it is.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I'm not daft enough to argue with a boxer from Leeds, so 1-3 it is.

his take on the rags v fulham game is also pretty decent
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Return to The Maine Football forum