Champions League Round of 16

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions League Round of 16

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:42 pm

That's the best draw we could've gotten. Schalke are terrible! I'm very happy with that.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Nick wrote:What are the nearest other airports ?

Dusseldorf flights all sold out. Fuming was 50£ return.

Are there airports in Cologne or Frankfurt? Those are about 30-40 minutes by train from Dusseldorf.
Saul Goodman

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:48 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Are there airports in Cologne or Frankfurt? Those are about 30-40 minutes by train from Dusseldorf.

Trains are fantastic in Germany and decent prices , it’s on google . Pretty good is google .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:26 pm

City64 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Trains are fantastic in Germany and decent prices , it’s on google . Pretty good is google .

I'm aware of Google. I was trying to help Nick out.
Saul Goodman

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
City64 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Yeah I know pal , don’t think Nick knows about google though ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:05 pm

City64 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
City64 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Yeah I know pal , don’t think Nick knows about google though ........

Nick if you want to find out more about Google, just Yahoo it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:09 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Nick if you want to find out more about Google, just Yahoo it.

or ask jeeves
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Nick if you want to find out more about Google, just Yahoo it.

or ask jeeves

I've just been on Bing to ask jeeves if yahoo knows about Google.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

or ask jeeves

I was saving that, for finding out more about Yahoo!. etc.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:22 pm

What's the point in being a smart arse ? Guessing your not going. Already wasted hours this morning looking at flights etc then it all goes in seconds. Are all blues off or something..

What am I supposed to Google? How the fuck do I get to shalke without spending a grand and travelling for 2 days?

Cheers will look at Frankfurt. Even direct Dam flights on the day went as lads are suggesting flying there and then the train but only wanted to stay over one night really.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Nick wrote:What's the point in being a smart arse ? Guessing your not going. Already wasted hours this morning looking at flights etc then it all goes in seconds. Are all blues off or something..

What am I supposed to Google? How the fuck do I get to shalke without spending a grand and travelling for 2 days?

Cheers will look at Frankfurt. Even direct Dam flights on the day went as lads are suggesting flying there and then the train but only wanted to stay over one night really.

You're bolloxed if you can't laugh Nick.
The further out you land the cheaper you'll get.
Looking on Tripadvisor,there is an early morning Eurowings flight into Dusseldorf on 20/02/18 (is that the date?) but the return is very early morning next day.
€172.
Frankfurt would be €168 but it's a lot further away. Don't know about the rail links but I'm sure you could work that out.
Hotels in Gelsenkirchen don't look too dear.
https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotels-g187376-Gelsenkirchen_North_Rhine_Westphalia-Hotels.html#apg=7abc410f27674ac0b6e8899785e93787&ss=6D17B726BECBB88B6FDAD70C47FCA927
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Nick wrote:What's the point in being a smart arse ? Guessing your not going. Already wasted hours this morning looking at flights etc then it all goes in seconds. Are all blues off or something..

Brussels a good point to travel around Europe . Regular cheap flights there for around £30 - £50 from Manchester then get a cheap connecting flight to wherever you want in Germany, dead easy pal .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:05 pm

That's a tasty draw for us. Happy days.
Dortmund will do spurs.
Rags chances are not great but PSG are erratic.
I think the vermin will get past Bayern.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 pm

City64 wrote:

Brussels a good point to travel around Europe . Regular cheap flights there for around £30 - £50 from Manchester then get a cheap connecting flight to wherever you want in Germany, dead easy pal .

German Railways:
https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?revia=yes&existOptimizePrice=1&country=GBR&dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0059_qf-bahn-svb-kl2_lz03&start=1&protocol=https%3A&S=frankfurt&REQ0JourneyStopsSID=&Z=Gelsenkirchen-Buer+Nord&REQ0JourneyStopsZID=&date=Wed%2C+20.02.19&time=12%3A00&timesel=depart&returnDate=&returnTime=&returnTimesel=depart&optimize=0&auskunft_travelers_number=1&tariffTravellerType.1=E&tariffTravellerReductionClass.1=0&tariffClass=2&rtMode=DB-HYBRID&externRequest=yes&HWAI=JS%21js%3Dyes%21ajax%3Dyes%21
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

German Railways:
https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?revia=yes&existOptimizePrice=1&country=GBR&dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0059_qf-bahn-svb-kl2_lz03&start=1&protocol=https%3A&S=frankfurt&REQ0JourneyStopsSID=&Z=Gelsenkirchen-Buer+Nord&REQ0JourneyStopsZID=&date=Wed%2C+20.02.19&time=12%3A00&timesel=depart&returnDate=&returnTime=&returnTimesel=depart&optimize=0&auskunft_travelers_number=1&tariffTravellerType.1=E&tariffTravellerReductionClass.1=0&tariffClass=2&rtMode=DB-HYBRID&externRequest=yes&HWAI=JS%21js%3Dyes%21ajax%3Dyes%21

Try www.loco2.com simple to book trains from UK to Europe.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

German Railways:

Skyscanner . Manchester to Brussels 19th Feb £58 , Brussels to Berlin 19th Feb £9 yes nine quid ! Train from berlin to Dortmund then short trip to Schalke deady easy .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:54 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

German Railways:

Skyscanner . Manchester to Brussels 19th Feb £58 , Brussels to Berlin 19th Feb £9 yes nine quid ! Train from berlin to Dortmund then short trip to Schalke deady easy .

Ill laugh my cock off if your trains delayed.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:01 pm

sheblue wrote:That's a tasty draw for us. Happy days.
Dortmund will do spurs.
Rags chances are not great but PSG are erratic.
I think the vermin will get past Bayern.

Never underestimate the Caché of driving around in a big fat Beemer
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:02 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

German Railways:

Ill laugh my cock off if your trains delayed.

Think they are better than shite Northern Rail lol the germans wouldn't put up with that shit ! Train from Brussels to Dusseldorf or Dortmund not far aswell . Fucking amazing thing google ! :D
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:10 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

German Railways:

So Berlin to Dortmund is 500 kilometers and takes 4 hours by train after already flying over Gelsenkirchen from Brussels.

not very green is it ?

Simply taking the train from Brussels Airport will get you at fastest in 4 hours in Gelsenkirschen. for 58 Euros http://www.db.de.

That takes you through Eindhoven. So better still , is there a flight to Eindhoven or possibly Amsterdam (must be the biggest airport near Gelsenkirschen anyway)
Flights from Manc to Eindhoven showing about 35 quid with Ryanair.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum