Champions League Round of 16

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions League Round of 16

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I might go to this match - get off my sofa / couch / settee and spend a few grand .

And that's only my beers :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Nick wrote:What's the point in being a smart arse ? Guessing your not going. Already wasted hours this morning looking at flights etc then it all goes in seconds. Are all blues off or something..

What am I supposed to Google? How the fuck do I get to shalke without spending a grand and travelling for 2 days?

Cheers will look at Frankfurt. Even direct Dam flights on the day went as lads are suggesting flying there and then the train but only wanted to stay over one night really.

Nick it seems a few have misunderstood their Geography. Eindhoven is Serviced by Ryan Air from Manchester and is about 2 hours by train. You could probably even hire a car for the relatively short drive

By train it is about 2 hours away from Gelsenkirschen Hbf.

I mean , at worse case, Amsterdam is a good shout. since the flying times are shorter and you don't want to be bouncing all over the place for hours.

Köln and Frankfurt are about the limit. Hamburg is some 2-3 hours away by train but a great place to go to and well, there's the Reeperbahn.

Of course Düsseldorf would be about the best.

Don't rule out Holland, there are very good train connections between Holland and the Ruhrgebiet.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:27 pm

zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Nick wrote:What's the point in being a smart arse ? Guessing your not going. Already wasted hours this morning looking at flights etc then it all goes in seconds. Are all blues off or something..

What am I supposed to Google? How the fuck do I get to shalke without spending a grand and travelling for 2 days?

Cheers will look at Frankfurt. Even direct Dam flights on the day went as lads are suggesting flying there and then the train but only wanted to stay over one night really.

Brussels a good point to travel around Europe . Regular cheap flights there for around £30 - £50 from Manchester then get a cheap connecting flight to wherever you want in Germany, dead easy pal .

German Railways:
https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?revia=yes&existOptimizePrice=1&country=GBR&dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0059_qf-bahn-svb-kl2_lz03&start=1&protocol=https%3A&S=frankfurt&REQ0JourneyStopsSID=&Z=Gelsenkirchen-Buer+Nord&REQ0JourneyStopsZID=&date=Wed%2C+20.02.19&time=12%3A00&timesel=depart&returnDate=&returnTime=&returnTimesel=depart&optimize=0&auskunft_travelers_number=1&tariffTravellerType.1=E&tariffTravellerReductionClass.1=0&tariffClass=2&rtMode=DB-HYBRID&externRequest=yes&HWAI=JS%21js%3Dyes%21ajax%3Dyes%21

Skyscanner . Manchester to Brussels 19th Feb £58 , Brussels to Berlin 19th Feb £9 yes nine quid ! Train from berlin to Dortmund then short trip to Schalke deady easy .

So Berlin to Dortmund is 500 kilometers and takes 4 hours by train after already flying over Gelsenkirchen from Brussels.

not very green is it ?

Simply taking the train from Brussels Airport will get you at fastest in 4 hours in Gelsenkirschen. for 58 Euros http://www.db.de.

That takes you through Eindhoven. So better still , is there a flight to Eindhoven or possibly Amsterdam (must be the biggest airport near Gelsenkirschen anyway)
Flights from Manc to Eindhoven showing about 35 quid with Ryanair.

Yeah I googled cheapest flights Brussels to Germany and the £9 flight came up , I’ve already posted it is probably quicker getting train via Brussels to Dortmund or Düsseldorf. Amsterdam also , loads of options if you know how to use google. Pretty good that google ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:31 pm

2/10 Chelsea (H)
2/20 Schalke (A)
2/23 Everton (A)
2/26 West Ham (H)

3/9 Watford (H)
3/12 Schalke (H)
3/16 United (A)

Not only is the draw itself favorable but the schedule is too
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:37 pm

City64 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
City64 wrote:

Skyscanner . Manchester to Brussels 19th Feb £58 , Brussels to Berlin 19th Feb £9 yes nine quid ! Train from berlin to Dortmund then short trip to Schalke deady easy .

So Berlin to Dortmund is 500 kilometers and takes 4 hours by train after already flying over Gelsenkirchen from Brussels.

not very green is it ?

Simply taking the train from Brussels Airport will get you at fastest in 4 hours in Gelsenkirschen. for 58 Euros http://www.db.de.

That takes you through Eindhoven. So better still , is there a flight to Eindhoven or possibly Amsterdam (must be the biggest airport near Gelsenkirschen anyway)
Flights from Manc to Eindhoven showing about 35 quid with Ryanair.

Yeah I googled cheapest flights Brussels to Germany and the £9 flight came up , I’ve already posted it is probably quicker getting train via Brussels to Dortmund or Düsseldorf. Amsterdam also , loads of options if you know how to use google. Pretty good that google ........

So many coming up with various alternatives it is difficult to follow all the possibilities. However the Rail links from Holland are very good, so if anything basically it's eastward from Manc over Amsterdam to Gelsenkirschen.

As for me , i'm just arranging work so that i am about 300 km from Gelsenkirschen and will cruise up the Autobahn at about 200kmph for 90 minutes.

a flight to Amsterdam or Eindhoven might seem optimal.
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Very reasonable draw. Schalke are poor this season thus far and of course they may hit a bit of form in February, but if you could pick a side it would’ve been them.

Coupled with a tough draw for the dippers and the Gods were smiling on us today
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Id rather Liverpool keep advancing and getting stretched thin and tired. They can lose in the semis.
Saul Goodman

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Id rather Liverpool keep advancing and getting stretched thin and tired. They can lose in the semis.

Rather them get dumped out as soon as myself. They got to the final last year and was mainly on adrenaline and self belief. They are the kind of side under Klopp who will feed on that and improve as the season goes on
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:20 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I might go to this match - get off my sofa / couch / settee and spend a few grand .

And that's only my beers :lol:

Grey goose for me.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Id rather Liverpool keep advancing and getting stretched thin and tired. They can lose in the semis.

Rather them get dumped out as soon as myself. They got to the final last year and was mainly on adrenaline and self belief. They are the kind of side under Klopp who will feed on that and improve as the season goes on

Thats true too. Maybe beat Bayern and lose to Real/Barca next round. Hah!
Saul Goodman

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:39 am

Cheers for the post above - for some reason. Skyscanner had shown nothing for dam yesterday but mate booked us Manc to Dam circa 1030am UK time. Then we'll get the train. Slightly cheaper and removes the hour wait in flying to Copenhagen then Dusseldorf.

Didn't realise the train was so quick.

Long winded Vs the 50£ direct return I was a out to click... But did similar to Basel with connections in Paris and dam.

Can you beer on the train ? ;)

Just need tickets now !!!

Buzzing, slightly dampened by Maureen leaving
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Nick wrote:Cheers for the post above - for some reason. Skyscanner had shown nothing for dam yesterday but mate booked us Manc to Dam circa 1030am UK time. Then we'll get the train. Slightly cheaper and removes the hour wait in flying to Copenhagen then Dusseldorf.

Long winded Vs the 50£ direct return I was a out to click... But did similar to Basel with connections in Paris and dam.

Can you beer on the train ? ;)

Just need tickets now !!!

Buzzing, slightly dampened by Maureen leaving

Re : Beers on the train , yes you can.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Nick wrote:

Too long in Britain mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum