mahrez's penalty miss

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mahrez's penalty miss

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:58 pm

No. it'll all come down to Jan 3rd.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:No. it'll all come down to Jan 3rd.

And the 16 or 17 games after that , it will be only the Jan 3rd afterall . End of April usually interesting !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:11 pm

No it will not come down to one missed penalty. Winning or losing a 38 game PL never comes down to one incident.

This thread is disappointing. It is a throwback to the 'old' days. The typical City days. The 'we are inferior' days. Why the fear?

We are only ONE point behind Liverpool with 22 games left to play (and that is without our best player)
So many variables that will come into play: injuries, squad depth, CL commitments, cup runs, form, media pressure, expectations, etc...

In the short term Liverpool have to play us on our patch on 3rd Jan. Lets say we win and we are then 2 points ahead of them.
Will you see a Liverpool thread opened with the question 'Etihad game - will it come down to this'. Not a chance.

Lets grow a pair and believe in what we see week after week - the best team in the land.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:15 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Not a chance the bin dippers will win the league . They were bang average again today and got all the breaks , they are winning but getting away with it . We aren't even at the half way stage yet and this shit thread get put up absolutely fucking mind blowing ! The wheels will fall off at some point for the dippers they are there own worst enemy !

Problem is mate, people were saying that about us 11/12.

Scouse are a despicable club, from top to bottom, from their manager to their last one fan, and all the luck they are having so far this season is absolutely incredible. Everything, every pass, shot, decision, wind, you name it, it goes their way. They have a momentum and it seems they know how to take advantage of that.

They are bang average? No. They get away with it? Yes, because the league is broken between 6 clubs and the others that are mediocre at best and offer zero difficulty in taking the points from them.

On the other hand, I love they are on the spotlight and they are considered now big favorites, it takes the pressure from our shoulders a little. However, without a fit Silva, Kdb, Kun and most of all, A WORLD CLASS FIT PROPER LEFT BACK, as good as Walker is on the other side, I don't know how we will do it again.

You have conceded the title to the bin dipping scum after just 17 games when clearly we have the best squad and best manager? Fuck me this site never ceases to dumbfound me ! :o :shock: :o

Please, highlight where on Earth did I said something like that!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:38 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Not a chance the bin dippers will win the league . They were bang average again today and got all the breaks , they are winning but getting away with it . We aren't even at the half way stage yet and this shit thread get put up absolutely fucking mind blowing ! The wheels will fall off at some point for the dippers they are there own worst enemy !

Problem is mate, people were saying that about us 11/12.

Scouse are a despicable club, from top to bottom, from their manager to their last one fan, and all the luck they are having so far this season is absolutely incredible. Everything, every pass, shot, decision, wind, you name it, it goes their way. They have a momentum and it seems they know how to take advantage of that.

They are bang average? No. They get away with it? Yes, because the league is broken between 6 clubs and the others that are mediocre at best and offer zero difficulty in taking the points from them.

On the other hand, I love they are on the spotlight and they are considered now big favorites, it takes the pressure from our shoulders a little. However, without a fit Silva, Kdb, Kun and most of all, A WORLD CLASS FIT PROPER LEFT BACK, as good as Walker is on the other side, I don't know how we will do it again.

You have conceded the title to the bin dipping scum after just 17 games when clearly we have the best squad and best manager? Fuck me this site never ceases to dumbfound me ! :o :shock: :o

Please, highlight where on Earth did I said something like that!

You said "I DONT KNOW HOW WE WILL DO IT AGAIN" ????? Manc highlights btw cant be arsed with fancy shit .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Dimples wrote:No it will not come down to one missed penalty. Winning or losing a 38 game PL never comes down to one incident.

This thread is disappointing. It is a throwback to the 'old' days. The typical City days. The 'we are inferior' days. Why the fear?

We are only ONE point behind Liverpool with 22 games left to play (and that is without our best player)
So many variables that will come into play: injuries, squad depth, CL commitments, cup runs, form, media pressure, expectations, etc...

In the short term Liverpool have to play us on our patch on 3rd Jan. Lets say we win and we are then 2 points ahead of them.
Will you see a Liverpool thread opened with the question 'Etihad game - will it come down to this'. Not a chance.

Lets grow a pair and believe in what we see week after week - the best team in the land.

Great post pal ! Sadly wasted on some of the fannies on here !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:45 pm

[quote="City64"][...]/quote]
Don’t know how we will do it again if we don’t keep our key players fit.
You really need to read more than a phrase.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:49 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:[...]/quote]

Eh ?
Only Mendy injured and he is no loss and big dave having a little rest . There are only 2 or 3 PL teams we need to be anywhere near full strength for . Your paragraph is all over the fucking place , no offence !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:02 pm

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Eh ?
Only Mendy injured and he is no loss and big dave having a little rest . There are only 2 or 3 PL teams we need to be anywhere near full strength for . Your paragraph is all over the fucking place , no offence !

You do realise that we played all season without the best player in the league, right?
And Mendy no loss? As a bellend as he is, with him vs Scouse we conceided 0 goals and without him 9? Because Klopp knew how to exploit our left back problem?

Let’ s get our ass and head back on the ground and realise, as fans, that we are in for a hell of a battle, maybe as difficult as the one we had in 2012. Those fuckers are here to stay, so we need to be fucking sharp as ever and no arrogant and thinking there is no way they can win it.
Don’t forget they are the other media sweethearts.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Eh ?

You do realise that we played all season without the best player in the league, right?
And Mendy no loss? As a bellend as he is, with him vs Scouse we conceided 0 goals and without him 9? Because Klopp knew how to exploit our left back problem?

Let’ s get our ass and head back on the ground and realise, as fans, that we are in for a hell of a battle, maybe as difficult as the one we had in 2012. Those fuckers are here to stay, so we need to be fucking sharp as ever and no arrogant and thinking there is no way they can win it.

Mate , Mendy is a terrible defender bordering a liability but very decent going forward , he would be a disaster if he played against a top fast as fuck team plus he cancels out Leroy Sane . We always have a battle to win the title but nobody can keep pace with us from February through to May , think we were in a similar position than we are now this time last December ? Bin dippers squad isn't good enough or big enough and they rely on 3 players , Salah , Mane and Van Dyke . Over a season at least one of those will pick up an injury at some stage through the sheer amount of games they have to play and how Klopp sets up his team . Pep on the other hand has rotated our squad really well the last few weeks , key players having rests . Look at the big picture that's what Pep excels at .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Mase wrote:It's not just the points he cost us.
It would have got the monkey off our back and we'd have won at Anfield finally.
It would have been a moral loss to them as well as their first loss of the season and I think it would have de-railed them.

Bang on.
For years, however good we were we'd turn up at Anfield looking as if we'd lost before the game started.
This year was different, we weren't the slightest bit in awe and outplayed them.
We has a golden opportunity and let them off the hook.
That said, I do blame Pep, not Mahrez.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Outcast » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:04 am

Van Dick gets injured and they're finished, they are so reliant on him. We've done well with all the injures we had to endure up to now. Whether we had 2 points or 5 point cushion lead at this point means nothing, it would be nice but not a deal breaker unless its 10points. I understand the dippers are a threat and have a good chance winning it, it's a 50/50 that can go either way. Being challenged through out the season might help us progress further in the chimps league competitiveness wise
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bear60 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:18 am

Yes it shame he missed the penalty and they are getting everything going right for them but that is in the past there's nowt we can do about what's happened but we concentrate on what is to come and beat them when they come to ours I watched the dippers yesterday yes they out played united for large periods of the game but I don't think they are as good as us so it's up to us to show them up when they come to the etihad and we are more than capable of doing so
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:27 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What about the chances missed at Chelsea. So they don't count either.
Fucking hell.

sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 am

sheblue wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fucking hell.

Chelsea aren't above us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:53 am

Funny how Delph goes under the Radar.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 am

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fucking hell.

Chelsea aren't above us.

Dropped points are dropped points.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:12 am

City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
City64 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Eh ?

Mate , Mendy is a terrible defender bordering a liability but very decent going forward , he would be a disaster if he played against a top fast as fuck team plus he cancels out Leroy Sane . We always have a battle to win the title but nobody can keep pace with us from February through to May , think we were in a similar position than we are now this time last December ? Bin dippers squad isn't good enough or big enough and they rely on 3 players , Salah , Mane and Van Dyke . Over a season at least one of those will pick up an injury at some stage through the sheer amount of games they have to play and how Klopp sets up his team . Pep on the other hand has rotated our squad really well the last few weeks , key players having rests . Look at the big picture that's what Pep excels at .

Last season, by this time, we were 10 points ahead.

Again, I dislike Mendy because of his lack of professionalism, but he showed his colours vs a top fast team, as you call it, and that team is Scouse and they scored 0. We won 5-0 and drew 0-0. The myth that he cancels Sane out is pure fantasy, pure bollox. Do you see Walker canceling Raheem on the other side? Or since Walker came, a player that is both good in the offence and defence, helped Sterling became even better?

Of course injuries will cripple Scouse, however, three players stepped out in the most bizzare way and got them 7 huge points. Sturidge at Chelsea with a fantastic strike, then went again missing, Origi vs Everton and then went missing again and of course, Shaqiri, who scored with two lucky deflections yesterday.

If we fix our problems, yes, we will win the title. It is ours to lose it because we are the best team in the country. But ffs, we need to stop with this false arrogance and think they will run out of gas.
Last edited by PeterParker on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 am

Boly's handball
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:13 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Boly's handball

That was a decision that went against us. Not something that was in our own hands like a penalty.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum