Carabao cup chat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carabao cup chat

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 pm

I thought it might be fun to check out what the home fans are thinking ahead of tomorrow night. Apparently, it’s the same as every other set of fans we come across. I didn’t realise we would have the benefit of VAR for this one. Interested to see how they can screw us over with new technology.

COME ON CITY!!!

LEE MASON
Assistant Referees: Harry Lennard and Matthew Wilkes
Match Observer: Andy Hall
VAR: Graham Scott
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
AVAR: Derek Eaton

Team Selection

Ward
Simpson Evans Maguire Fuchs
Iborra Choudhury Silva
Ricardo Vardy Gray

And the rest…

I’d absolutely love to be shocked here and win 1:0. We’re going to get bent over in reality.

If we try and sit back and keep it tight we'll get blown away, have to chase the game and attack anyway. Attack from the first whistle and be aggressive, the only side to consistently trouble Man City have been Liverpool who have done exactly that.

0-5

Go out all attack, please…Honestly don't know who to put in the team for this.

If we don’t attack against everyone else there is zero chance we’ll go all out against Man City. Narrow defeat where we’ll never look like scoring

Going to get twatted.

We could'nt have got a worser opponent then this…I am prepared for a defeat.

Go 3 at the back with wing backs. It has to be the best system to suit this squad of players and two strikers. Maybe a chance of getting on the end of one of our aimless crosses with two in the box.

Three words - We are doomed …Nine more words - They can play $hit and will still beat us

The good thing about this game is everyone expects us to lose so if we do there will be no moaning afterwards.

This competition is fourth priority for Man City. As things stand it should be top priority for us, so, unlike them, we field our best possible side ( with Ward in goal ) and see what happens. If Puel makes the same mistake as last year and puts out a weakened side, the last remnants of sympathy for him will disappear.

We’re Man City’s bogey team, 4-3 crazy win!

Mahrez will surely score if he plays, some melts in the crowd will boo him despite the fact that he’s a legend, no doubt we will raise our game like we usually do against a good team but their quality will be too much I fear.

We are 100% guaranteed to lose our next 3 matches. After that we MUST beat Cardiff at home.

We'll shit 'em

If we don’t put our strongest side possible out for this game we my as well kiss goodbye to our season because we are not going to finish top 6/7 so no chance of anything else

they will put out a lot of young players for sure. if we can hold on till penalties we might have a chance with Danny Ward, COYB

Open letter to Pep.
Please be gentle with us and can you tell your player's to ease up and be kind to us once you're 3 or 4 ahead.. It is Christmas and goodwill to all men and all that!
Many thanks.

Remember, we don't have to out score them to go through, 0-0 then penalties will do it. Pint for Wardy, Wembley here we come. Just the small detail of keeping out Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, Sane, De Bruyne and Sterling for 90 minutes.

cannot see anyway that man city wont score even with their reserves.

So excited for this one, feels like it could be Puels last chance.

We've got no chance it looks like Man City will have quite a few first teamers starting tomorrow including Aguero and De Bruyne.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Carabao cup chat

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Cheers CM

Can’t see why they think we will go full strength. Foden and Diaz both likely to start. Like to see KDB start to get a bit of match sharpness back. I’d keep with Jesus and look to ease Aguero in for half an hour or so
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum