***League cup Leicester v Holders match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***League cup Leicester v Holders match thread***

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:28 am

london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:
PrezIke wrote:What a goal that was from KDBeezy.

Oh right, almost forgot...sell Sterling, Mahrez and Diaz as they're all clearly worthless :)

Diaz 10m and goodbye. Be exactly the same when he's 26

Agree with some that Foden and Garcia can probably play most games now if needed

Yeah should be said Diaz didn’t impress with the more consistent problem of giving the bell away so could have left him out of the joke. Could have included Gundo as he wasn’t at his best.

However, related to your point, Foden showing his value again and why he’s further ahead of Brahim in development and acclimation to the team. Also see similarities which I heard on 9320 pod comparing his performance to one that Gundo often brings, and fans moan about, but I’d correlate to a metronome. Deft touches and passes that keep the ball well with the occasional killer pass (one I recall that was excellent for Kun).

Garcia, who we saw Pep kiss on the cheek after tha game, also very very good. Exciting to think he’s here as well as Muric but unsure if he will stay next season rather than go out on loan.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:52 pm

sheblue wrote:Very impressed by Garcia. The kid looked assured.

Here's a nice article on him after yesterday's performance:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/incredible ... ru3wtp8sp5
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Would be absolutely gobsmacked and amazed if Muric went out on loan . Pep has his keepers in a very special unique role and it is obvious the coaches have worked a lot with Muric in a relative short time , he looks the real deal and an ideal understudy for Ed if god forbid he gets an injury . Hugely impressive last night and word is he is a bit of a character, absolute potential super talent !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:48 pm

City64 wrote:Would be absolutely gobsmacked and amazed if Muric went out on loan . Pep has his keepers in a very special unique role and it is obvious the coaches have worked a lot with Muric in a relative short time , he looks the real deal and an ideal understudy for Ed if god forbid he gets an injury . Hugely impressive last night and word is he is a bit of a character, absolute potential super talent !

Agree there’s no way he’s going out on loan. Even though he’s only played a handful of games, if big Ed got injured/suspended I wouldn’t be as concerned about him filling in as I was
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Would be absolutely gobsmacked and amazed if Muric went out on loan . Pep has his keepers in a very special unique role and it is obvious the coaches have worked a lot with Muric in a relative short time , he looks the real deal and an ideal understudy for Ed if god forbid he gets an injury . Hugely impressive last night and word is he is a bit of a character, absolute potential super talent !

Agree there’s no way he’s going out on loan. Even though he’s only played a handful of games, if big Ed got injured/suspended I wouldn’t be as concerned about him filling in as I was

But we have just signed the player of the year from the MLS and he is a goalkeeper! I would have thought he would be number 2 with Muric on loan.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

But we have just signed the player of the year from the MLS and he is a goalkeeper! I would have thought he would be number 2 with Muric on loan.

whatever happened to angus gunn?!? what a great move that was....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

whatever happened to angus gunn?!? what a great move that was....

Was just thinking about that a few minutes ago - still not featured in a league game for them.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby nottsblue » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Will he get a work permit though?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:31 pm

what a night that was, pissing it all way to Leicester took ages to get to ground, took a age to pay carpark, got pissing wet throu walkin to ground, too over a hr to get away from ground, got on M1 and went to services to have something to eat
WHAT A RIP OF BURGER KING FOR FOOD
got back on M1 and after 9 miles M1 was closed for 3 junctions
we went off a j b4 the 1 what was closed went round all vilages trie dto get M1 abit furtherd down but traffic was stood and could see it was stood for miles, so turned around back throu villages and got to derby and back on M 1
should of took us about 2 hrs and it was nearly 4 hrs
BUT AT LEAST CITY WON AND IN SEMI FINALS
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Strikes me as a Mooy type signing, loan him for a year and turn a profit when we sell.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Strikes me as a Mooy type signing, loan him for a year and turn a profit when we sell.

Maybe but as i think he was probably a direct recommendation from the NYC manager ( the guy who worked with Pep, cant remember his name) Muric is still very young so a loan more likely for him for me. Danny Grimshaw as well
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:

He will have to be very special to replace Muric this season , can see the MLS player of the year ending up at Girona or somewhere !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:34 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:what a night that was, pissing it all way to Leicester took ages to get to ground, took a age to pay carpark, got pissing wet throu walkin to ground, too over a hr to get away from ground, got on M1 and went to services to have something to eat
we went off a j b4 the 1 what was closed went round all vilages trie dto get M1 abit furtherd down but traffic was stood and could see it was stood for miles, so turned around back throu villages and got to derby and back on M 1

Fuck all that , have you tried Northern Rail lately ? I could write a fucking book !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:

City tonight confirm USA Goal keeper Zak Steffen wont be joining MCFC until July 2019 . All yours Aro !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:57 pm

City64 wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:what a night that was, pissing it all way to Leicester took ages to get to ground, took a age to pay carpark, got pissing wet throu walkin to ground, too over a hr to get away from ground, got on M1 and went to services to have something to eat

Fuck all that , have you tried Northern Rail lately ? I could write a fucking book !

have they burger king on the train :D :D :D :D :D
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Spurs, Chavs or Burton then can we be lucky again?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:39 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Spurs, Chavs or Burton then can we be lucky again?

bet we have to play away....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Spurs, Chavs or Burton then can we be lucky again?

bet we have to play away....

Oh dear oh dear .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:57 pm

City64 wrote:

hats off to you both
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum