MotM v Liecester

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Muric
51%
Walker
No votes
Otamendi
No votes
Garcia
28%
Zinchencko
No votes
Stones
No votes
Foden
5%
Mahrez
No votes
Diaz
No votes
De Bruyne
15%
Aguero
No votes
Sterling
No votes
Gundogan
No votes
Jesus
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: MotM v Liecester

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:Garcia, has the potential to be one of the best defenders around if he continues developing

Genuine question, based just on that one match or have you seen him play before?

Pre-season friendlies, Barcelona had a complete meltdown when he joined us, he was considered to be one of their best youth product of their famous La Masia . Puyol was forced to quit over the saga. Look I get it, the hype we get over youth with lots of potential only to fade away. I understand the scepticism, I always add 'potential' when it comes to youth. For once, this kid and Foden excite me, their potential is enormous, however this could change instantly and I understand why most on here are sceptical.

I agree entirely.

It's as plain as the nose on your face when you can tell a good player from one that aint good enough. Foden and Garcia could be here for years to come.

It's a shame so many fans have an extremely irrational view of the most average of young players - "future of the club, give him a chance blah blah" about the most average of kids who it should be plain to see will never play in the City team of today except for the odd run out. I've heard it all so many times about so many average players it's depressing. Angelino FFS - don't these people have any eyes? Diaz is another one. Come back when he's 26 and he'll still be running around, running into people and falling on his behind. Giving the ball away with the odd goal in between. Tosin is another one - fuck me, how can you compare with Laporte and Stones??!

At last we have 2 potential top class potential stars - hopefully good enough to play for a team at the top of Europe

I'd have Angelino over Zinch at left back.

Zinch is a midfielder. I fancy he might be off in January.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:54 pm

john@staustell wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
I agree entirely.

It's as plain as the nose on your face when you can tell a good player from one that aint good enough. Foden and Garcia could be here for years to come.

It's a shame so many fans have an extremely irrational view of the most average of young players - "future of the club, give him a chance blah blah" about the most average of kids who it should be plain to see will never play in the City team of today except for the odd run out. I've heard it all so many times about so many average players it's depressing. Angelino FFS - don't these people have any eyes? Diaz is another one. Come back when he's 26 and he'll still be running around, running into people and falling on his behind. Giving the ball away with the odd goal in between. Tosin is another one - fuck me, how can you compare with Laporte and Stones??!

At last we have 2 potential top class potential stars - hopefully good enough to play for a team at the top of Europe

I'd have Angelino over Zinch at left back.

Zinch is a midfielder. I fancy he might be off in January.

Exactly.

Can't see him going anywhere just yet.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:21 pm

I doubt Zinchenko will leave in January unless we sign another LB. Both Mendy and Delph haven't a good track record when it comes to injuries.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:07 am

If it comes down to a penalty shootout and you win, motm is the keeper. This is not up for debate.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:13 am

Slim wrote:If it comes down to a penalty shootout and you win, motm is the keeper. This is not up for debate.

Even in the event of the keeper not making a save?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:01 pm

Slim wrote:If it comes down to a penalty shootout and you win, motm is the keeper. This is not up for debate.

or when most of the pens are embarrassingly bad?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

I guess it is up for debate after all.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:03 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

I guess it is up for debate after all.

Still nope.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum