Carragher's thinking sums up everything wrong with football.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carragher's thinking sums up everything wrong with football.

Postby Clowncrete » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:25 pm

https://www.football365.com/news/carrag ... an-utd-job

Jamie Carragher thinks Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino “has to take” the Manchester United job if he is offered it.

The Red Devils sacked Jose Mourinho on Tuesday morning before appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the caretaker manager until the end of the season.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Pochettino was one of the first names linked to the permanent vacancy with the likes of Zinedine Zidane also mooted as Mourinho’s possible full-time successor.

And Carragher thinks some observers need a “reality check” if they think Pochettino should avoid swapping Tottenham for United.

“If Mauricio Pochettino is offered the Manchester United job, he has to take it,” Carragher wrote in The Telegraph. “That is a hard for Tottenham Hotspur supporters to accept. Sadly for them, it is inevitable that they are prey to a more powerful Premier League rival.

ADVERTISING

“Hearing some arguments against Pochettino moving to Manchester United, I cannot help but think a reality check is needed. I do not write this to be disrespectful to Spurs.

ADVERTISING

“It does not matter how great Spurs’ new stadium is and how many supporters fill it. It does not even matter what they win this season or over the next few years. Spurs are not Manchester United. They will never be as big as Manchester United.

ADVERTISING

“Questions like, ‘Why would Pochettino leave Tottenham now?’ amount to a loyalty plea. Pochettino owes Spurs nothing. He has done an unbelievable job with a fraction of United’s budget.

ADVERTISING

“What has taken four-and-a-half years to build at Tottenham can be achieved sooner with the players he inherits, the same clever management he has demonstrated in North London and astute signings.”

Jamie Carragher

@Carra23
Man City aren’t as big as Man Utd!

Paul Watson
@zoidy84
Can understand @Carra23 article but saying Spurs will never be as big as United is very naive and sensationalist. I imagine 5 years ago he thought City would never be as big, now look!

5:23 PM - Dec 21, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy
4,609 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
ADVERTISING

Jamie Carragher

@Carra23
A manager of Liverpool wouldn’t go & vice versa because of the rivalry. We don’t even buy/sell players to each other never mind managers!

Tim Eaton
@TimEatonCycles
Unbelievable that this guy is given these platforms to push his destabilising agenda. Why would Utd not go for Klopp @Carra23 ??? Manchester United are And always will be a bigger club than Liverpool. You do the maths https://twitter.com/carra23/status/1076066922972803072
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Re: Carragher's thinking sums up everything wrong with footb

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Gobshite.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:04 pm

he forgot to add:

'...and steps are being taken by the cartel to ensure that Spurs never become as big as Man Utd or Liverpool like FFS, limits to the number of
players loaned out, steps that will keep upstarts like PSG and Man City in their place.' oh wait ... to late...
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:08 pm

I still wonder how can anyone understand him without subtitles.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:35 pm

It was going so well until '“What has taken four-and-a-half years to build at Tottenham can be achieved sooner with the players he inherits'
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:45 pm

He will always be a scouse bin dipping cunt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:45 pm

I wonder who pays Gobbets wages; could it be the same media outlet that has been jizzing over the Hobbit coming back to the Swamp with the next Taggart, the one and only MoPo taking over next season?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum