The eagles arent singing...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The eagles arent singing...

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:27 pm

This is going to be short and sweet because I have just driven up from London, and I need a beer, but mainly because I can’t actually find a match thread. A couple of quite funny comments here, but the general theme is the same as usual. I’m looking forward to an early Christmas present from Pep and the boys.

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Harry Lennard
Fourth official: Anthony Taylor

Team Selection

Wayne
Kelly Sakho Tomkins Schlupp
Punch Jairo Luka Mcarthur
Wilf KaiKai

And the rest…

I hope Palace were not planning on flying up to Manchester via Gatwick!

Punch has a score to settle with De Bruyne

In my opinion our only possibility of a draw will be by stopping Man City scoring (ie 0-0) and I honestly can’t see us doing that.

Not good.

They were too nice to Zaha last time we got a point, and i think they know it. Though he will be hungry having missed a game and watched his guys win for the first time without him in a long time. Need to start Sorloth up front though, his presence alone draws off defenders and gives Zaha more space. Something that Ayew cannot do…Wonder when our illustrious leader will figure this out.

Man City's squad is so strong they can afford to leave Sterling, Aguero and Stones on the bench and still win comfortably. Roy has nearly always made us competitive even against the big guns, but unless Zaha comes back and puts in one of his best performances then I can't really see us testing them. I think they'll win 2-0 with their bench proving the difference.

Just try to hold out for as long as we can. If Citeh score early I reckon we'll get thumped. If we can avoid a big dent in out goal difference that'll do for me.

I predict the commentators will tell us that the entire Palace squad cost less than the Man City bench.

We play better against the better teams. A surprise could be in the offing!

We will get spanked.

Visiting the Etihad is like seeing the dentist: Has to be done at least once a season, sometimes it hurts sometimes you get away with it. Fear it may hurt this time as they need the points - 3:0 to Citeh,

I fear.

Slaughtered ... are we seriously expecting to get anything from this game? We'd need to score, defend like Trojans and have lots of luck two weeks running!
Can’t we just accept a 3-0 and give the players a proper Christmas? …They’ve had a hell of a time.

i'm very excited

Full strength team please, no excuses - we need points asap

Oh great, De Bruyne and Aguero look like they will be back for them....

I think they'll play Jesus and we'll need him.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: The eagles arent singing...

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Cheers CM. Enjoy your beer pal.

Liked the comment about visiting the dentist is like going to the dentist
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The eagles arent singing...

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:00 pm

'Punch has a score to settle with Dr Bruyne'? Wtf has he got to settle, the apology for taking out another fellow professional?

The fucking southern twats should shut their cake holes, that's just reminded me of that game and I now hope we fucking pan the cunts. As well as hoping they get relegated, I'm hoping it pisses down on them for the duration and the beer runs dry before they get into the ground.

Oh, and death to them all.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum