The title race

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The title race

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Well, we have handed a big initiative to the dippers. They now have two home games before the game at ours. Can only see six points there to be honest and I’d be surprised if we won both of our away games so the home game v the dippers is a must win. Still only halfway and a lot of football to be played but I am really starting to think it might actually be, after all these years, the dippers year.

Our defence which for the first three months looked as solid as could be now looks as porous as a sponge. Kun and Jesus aren’t as clinical as they should be and injuries are taking their toll on our midfield. Compare to the dippers who now look very assured at the back and though they aren’t blowing sides away, Salah has still got his shooting boots from last year.

A piss poor show all round today. Fucking fuming
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: The title race

Postby mr_nool » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:13 pm

Win on January 3 and it's still very much on.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:18 pm

But do we really want it?

Today it showed like we were playing Bury and we were making tactical experiences.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Pressure is off now for a few weeks, let's start building the wins total again and see how it all looks at the end of February.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby trueblue64 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Still along way to yet.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:26 pm

mr_nool wrote:Win on January 3 and it's still very much on.

Very true. But from the dippers camp, win and they could go 7 clear. And I know which side is more in form.

It isn’t us
nottsblue

Postby patrickblue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Rags will win it, after the second cumming beats the mighty Cardiff 4-0 this evening
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby budfox » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:29 pm

We're still favourites on Betfair (just). Money talks and bullshit walks.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Agree do they want it ?

But I can't see us beating Scouse based on the mental aspect of when we play them and the fact it's on a shitty week night after new year...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Quite enjoying the ups and downs again, gets a little boring winning every game. At this point last season we were 13 points ahead but now we have some serious competition.

Let's see how it pans out and how the players react to the loss.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Quite enjoying the ups and downs again, gets a little boring winning every game. At this point last season we were 13 points ahead but now we have some serious competition.

Regarding your last point Beefy, it appears since the Chelsea loss, not very well. We had lost 2 out of 61. It’s now 2 out of 3.

Pep and the boys need to now look at themselves critically and objectively and earn their corn.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:42 pm

I didn't believe we'd come back from where we were with six games to go in 11/12 - so I still have hope but I don't expect us to win it this year.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Will taste all the sweeter when we beat them at home and go on to win the league. Have a feeling it’s going to be a great title race.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Quite enjoying the ups and downs again, gets a little boring winning every game. At this point last season we were 13 points ahead but now we have some serious competition.

Regarding your last point Beefy, it appears since the Chelsea loss, not very well. We had lost 2 out of 61. It’s now 2 out of 3.

Pep and the boys need to now look at themselves critically and objectively and earn their corn.

I think context has to be added. None of the top 6 have had to deal with the injuries we have, especially with their top players. It's OK to lose a player or 2 across the season but to lose the likes of Dear Bruyne, Aguero and Silva, all at the same time, is huge for any club. It's not just losing those players, it's also how other lesser players then have to step up, game after game.

Today was a bit of a wierd one for me, a one off, you could say. What was it, 3 shots, 3 goals? A good strike across the keeper followed by a worldy. And then that brainfart by Walker really left us in trouble. Pep tried to change it up but by bringing on players who were getting back up to speed then it was always going to be difficult.

I'm sure they will have a long hard look at themselves and come back more focussed than before but, when all is said and done, if we have to play without our best players then there could be problems.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I think context has to be added. None of the top 6 have had to deal with the injuries we have, especially with their top players.

This right here, imho, it is the key.
Why? Why none of them had the issues we had with injuries. Same amount of games, same intensity, still our player keep getting injured.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:57 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I think context has to be added. None of the top 6 have had to deal with the injuries we have, especially with their top players. It's OK to lose a player or 2 across the season but to lose the likes of Dear Bruyne, Aguero and Silva, all at the same time, is huge for any club. It's not just losing those players, it's also how other lesser players then have to step up, game after game.

Today was a bit of a wierd one for me, a one off, you could say. What was it, 3 shots, 3 goals? A good strike across the keeper followed by a worldy. And then that brainfart by Walker really left us in trouble. Pep tried to change it up but by bringing on players who were getting back up to speed then it was always going to be difficult.

I'm sure they will have a long hard look at themselves and come back more focussed than before but, when all is said and done, if we have to play without our best players then there could be problems.

We were a tad unlucky yesterday in that their goals were as you described and that doesnt seem to happen against our rivals as much. Another day and Townsends volley goes straight at the keeper or over the bar and Sane's free kick creeps inside the post. Walker doesnt have a brainfart and Jesus buries the header. Ifs and buts. It happened and we lost.

Yes we have key men out at the time when fixtures come thick and fast but we have the best squad. If we want the title we have to keep grinding on, just like we did last season. Pep playing Stones DM was a terrible decision. Not starting KDB was a mistake. Its not as if we are clear of second like last year to be able to tinker as much. We are playing catch up. I know the season is long and e dont want to burn out players but a couple more bad results like yesterday and we make it very hard for ourselves in April.

One or two of the players are to be quite frank, not at the level we would expect. I would like to see them step it up and soon. They have performed before and will do so again.
nottsblue

Postby Outcast » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:52 am

Would anyone be surprised if we won the double this season? The odds are stacked against us, however it can change instantly and swing our way. There has to be another twist to this; hopefully in our favour. We got to stay positive and hope our fortunes change because we're running out of 'positivity juice' and excuses.

P.s I'm still fucking fuming, I'm having full media blackout.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:15 am

I feel ok this morning , the scouse cunts are literally playing the same eleven every match . They simply cant sustain that .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:09 am

I have exactly the same feeling as during the season when Leicester won it. Kept thinking “they can’t keep this up”... then they beat us around xmas time but still somehow thought we’d have a chance.. when in reality it is already slipping away.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:10 am

I posted yesterday that the game on the 3rd is vital to us and it is. Biggest game of the season.

We have 2 away games and the vermin have two home games before then and if yesterday is anything to go by it's us who are more likely to drop points before we play them.

If we go into that game more than 4 behind and loose, then the reality is it's a uphill battle from there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum