Lawro & DC Predictions v Leicester (A) Boxing day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Leicester (A) Boxing day

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:32 am

No Lawro predictions available yet, seems the lazy twat is having a lie in. However, Merson has been up early to give us the benefit of his wisdom.

EDIT: Lawro has done them and we have a CITY FAN for once as his guest!!
This week's guest is Jim Glennie, bassist with rock band James and a Manchester City fan.

Glennie's favourite City player is Kevin de Bruyne: "It is amazing to have him back, he is like a new signing. He has only played a handful of games this season, so it is bonkers to think that we are still doing so well." It is safe to say that Glennie is enjoying life under Pep Guardiola - not just City's success, but the way they have achieved it.

"It is absolutely fantastic," he told BBC Sport. "I am getting to as many games as I can. First, because it is lovely to see us winning games for a change, but also because of the quality of the football. "Regardless of it being City, it is just stunning. It is so entertaining to watch."

City suffered a shock home defeat by Crystal Palace on Saturday that leaves them four points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool but Glennie is still pretty confident about their prospects of defending their title. "When we get to the thick end of the season, I think City's squad will just kind of steamroller through it and I cannot see Liverpool keeping it together - but I have been saying that for the past 10 games or so already."

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46622613

Leicester were another team to spring a big surprise over the weekend with their win at Chelsea.

It seems all is not well between Jamie Vardy and Foxes boss Claude Puel, with Vardy complaining that Puel's playing style does not suit his game.
We saw how important Vardy is to Leicester with his goal at Stamford Bridge. They are a different team when he plays, and I don't see how Puel can leave him out - especially with his job supposedly in doubt.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola must be hoping Fernandinho is fit, because they missed him in their defeat against Palace, but I can see what Guardiola is trying to do by playing John Stones in midfield instead.

Sergio Aguero and Kevin de Bruyne started Saturday's game on the bench but Guardiola has got to pick his strongest team in this game, because they need a quick return to winning ways.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Jim's prediction: 1-3

Merson Says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nd-arsenal

This is a big game and a must-win game for Manchester City, who are in trouble now as they are four points behind Liverpool. I mean it has now got down to the situation whereby if Liverpool win at City in a week's time, it is all over.

So this is a big game for City and a hard one as Leicester can cause you problems. But because they have to win, I think they will, but Saturday's result will have knocked the stuffing out of them and Man City have now lost two of their last three league games. And before that it looked like they would never ever lose a game, but I see them just winning this one to stay on the coat tails of Liverpool.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

Although, what he said is utter bollox, I kind of agree with it regarding the league if we lost to the dippers. However, we do know they are perennial bottlers

Will edit in Lawro's wise words when the lazy twat gets up.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Leicester (A) Boxing day

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:52 pm

DC is right when he says we need to win. Can't see Newcastle getting much joy in dipperland so we need to win to keep the pressure on.

Think we will win a tight game. A clean sheet wouldn't go amiss either
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:09 pm

Lawro's predictions are in.... OP updated, Enjoy
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team